Hmm I guess...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm I guess...

You can pay a QB 100 mil, a top 3 WR with OL and a top tier RB while being in the playoffs consistently/making a run at Super Bowl. #paytheman

What?

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
      What?
      I think this is in reference to the Falcons having a decent OL, having a high paid RB, a high paid WR, and a high paid QB and still being a contender. His point being that we can pay Odell and we won't necessarily be destined for a bad team because of his contract as many people here have argued.

Comment

I am guessing that the OP is referring to the fact that matt ryan just got 150m with 100 guarenteed... pretty sure thats where he was going with that.
        salary cap management has a lot to do with drafting well not necessarily just shoving money at these guys. So i agree no reason we can't or shouldn't pay Odell.
        I would like to point out the current narrative is its more financially viable that we should have taken a qb first. If that same QB 5 years later is looking for a 200mil dollar contract... no its not.
        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post

I think this is in reference to the Falcons having a decent OL, having a high paid RB, a high paid WR, and a high paid QB and still being a contender. His point being that we can pay Odell and we won't necessarily be destined for a bad team because of his contract as many people here have argued.
          Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post
            You can pay a QB 100 mil, a top 3 WR with OL and a top tier RB while being in the playoffs consistently/making a run at Super Bowl. #paytheman

care to elaborate??

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post

care to elaborate??
              Yes. As stated above I was referring to ATL and the contract given to Ryan while having a top 3 WR and a elite RB etc etc etc OL...Defense etc etc etc. Pay OBJ like he deserves and he deserves to be the highest paid WIDE RECIEVER not player in the league. If landry makes what he makes OBJ should be right there with AB. This wasn't an OBJ thread but more of an example of how we (NYG) can have the best of all 3 worlds. QB, WR, RB and solid D, OL etc

Comment

Yes. As stated above I was referring to ATL and the contract given to Ryan while having a top 3 WR and a elite RB etc etc etc OL...Defense etc etc etc. Pay OBJ like he deserves and he deserves to be the highest paid WIDE RECIEVER not player in the league. If landry makes what he makes OBJ should be right there with AB. This wasn't an OBJ thread but more of an example of how we (NYG) can have the best of all 3 worlds. QB, WR, RB and solid D, OL etc
                How can you even evaluate this at this point? This argument could only be made in at least a year from now, probably 2-3 based on that mega contract structure.

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post

How can you even evaluate this at this point? This argument could only be made in at least a year from now, probably 2-3 based on that mega contract structure.
                  I am basing it solely off their current success. They are contenders regularly prior to the QB contract but they still have 3 elite positions filled.

Comment

I am basing it solely off their current success. They are contenders regularly prior to the QB contract but they still have 3 elite positions filled.
                    The major contract was just signed though. The big test happens 2-3 years down the line and teams have trouble fielding a competitive team.

Comment

But they have not as of ye won anything t. So to suggest that they will is speculation. For all you know the team could fall apart because of the over pay to the QB. IMO; A lot of capital for a QB that has delivered nothing for the investment.

At least with Brady , Ben , Rodgers , Eli . The dividends are already in the case.
                      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

But they have not as of ye won anything t. So to suggest that they will is speculation. For all you know the team could fall apart because of the over pay to the QB. IMO; A lot of capital for a QB that has delivered nothing for the investment.

At least with Brady , Ben , Rodgers , Eli . The dividends are already in the case.
                        I never said they won anything which is contingent on several factors including COACHING. My point was the 3 can coexist.

Comment

I never said they won anything which is contingent on several factors including COACHING. My point was the 3 can coexist.
                          They absolutely can for a limited amount of time 2-3 years.
                          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

They absolutely can for a limited amount of time 2-3 years.
                            I can agree with that

Comment

except Julio Jones is staying away right now and is not happy with his contract....he wants a BIG raise

Comment

Working...
                              X