Philip Rivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Rivers

Doesn't have the hardware of Eli or Big Ben, but I think he is the best QB out of those 3. Eli is my boy, but I honestly think we would have more than 2 rings if Rivers was our QB. More consistent, better accuracy and field vision. Rivers puts up great numbers no matter who he has playing wr. Other than Gates and LDT, and now Kenan Allen, he really hasn't great surrounding talent when compared to Ben and Eli. He has played 20 fewer games than Eli and only trails him in yardage by 1,000 yds and tds by 7 all while throwing 62 fewer ints. His yards per attempt is also higher. I'm sure I will get bashed..but I honestly think we traded away the better QB.

Originally posted by EA_Baracus View Post
    Doesn't have the hardware of Eli or Big Ben, but I think he is the best QB out of those 3. Eli is my boy, but I honestly think we would have more than 2 rings if Rivers was our QB. More consistent, better accuracy and field vision. Rivers puts up great numbers no matter who he has playing wr. Other than Gates and LDT, and now Kenan Allen, he really hasn't great surrounding talent when compared to Ben and Eli. He has played 20 fewer games than Eli and only trails him in yardage by 1,000 yds and tds by 7 all while throwing 62 fewer ints. His yards per attempt is also higher. I'm sure I will get bashed..but I honestly think we traded away the better QB.
    You probably posted the same bs on Pittsburgh’s boards.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

You're entitled to your opinion.

I disagree with you not because I think Manning is better, I think those three QBs are very similar. I don't think either Manning or Rivers has benefited from having a very good team as much as Rothlisberger has, but some of those Chargers teams were very good but couldn't advance through the playoffs. If I recall correctly Rivers' playoff stats are not very good. To me, winning championships is what teams play for.

I could certainly see the argument that individually Rivers is statistically better, he is. But they don't decide winners and losers of games by comparing stats.

Unless it's fantasy football.

Comment

It's hard to make the case that the Giants would have more SBs with Rivers when Rivers has never even made it to a SB. As for Rivers' supporting cast, it's not like he's been surrounded by scrubs his entire career. While Rivers has a better skill-set than Eli, he hasn't shown that he can be clutch in the playoffs like Eli has done in the past. So, while Rivers' career stats may be more impressive than Eli's at the end of the day those stats don't win playoff games and SBs.
        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

He didnt have great surrounding talent? Tomlinson and Gates are HOF'ers, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I disagree with you not because I think Manning is better, I think those three QBs are very similar. I don't think either Manning or Rivers has benefited from having a very good team as much as Rothlisberger has, but some of those Chargers teams were very good but couldn't advance through the playoffs. If I recall correctly Rivers' playoff stats are not very good. To me, winning championships is what teams play for.

I could certainly see the argument that individually Rivers is statistically better, he is. But they don't decide winners and losers of games by comparing stats.

I think this is an excellent thought on these QB's. Personally I think all 3 of these QB's are HOF. Whichever one of these 3 QB's last the longest will have the best stats. All 3 are in the top 8-9 of all time in most TD passes and most passing yards.

Comment

What Sarc said.

Thanks for saving me the typing.

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Comment

IMO, Big Ben is the better of the 3. Of course someone on here will take that as a slight on Eli Manning's overall career. I believe that all 3 of them are HOF bound and you can't get it wrong picking any of the 3.
                “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Rivers is good, but just doesn't have the downfield accuracy to break into that elite level

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                    IMO, Big Ben is the better of the 3. Of course someone on here will take that as a slight on Eli Manning's overall career. I believe that all 3 of them are HOF bound and you can't get it wrong picking any of the 3.
                    Hater.

Comment

Rivers has all the tools but the head. 90% of a Qb is from the neck up. Rivers looses his cool and has done it numerous times, It affects his play . His biggest problem. IMO: I doubt with the NY media on him we would have any rings with him as QB.
                      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

IMO Eli is the best and it really isn't close.

Comment

The Giants didn't have a dominating team in either of their runs. You really think Rivers could go through 8 post season games and only throw 2 interceptions? Nah, man. Eli is the best big game QB of the three. I think Big Ben has had a better overall body of work but I would take Eli hands down in a pressure cooker of a big game.

Comment

Rivers and Eli are the opposite. One puts up good in-season stats but has not stepped up in big postseason games. The other puts up middling at best stats in the regular season and saves his best for the biggest moments.

Both will probably end up in Canton.

Comment

The Browns are 1-31 in the last 2 seasons.

That 1 win came against Philip Rivers.

LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X