Hear me out ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear me out ...

The Eagles have improved there roster. Thru the draft , FA. and resigning there existing players.
    Much to our displeasure , the Eagles are favorite to win the 2018 - 19 Super Bowl.
    Let's assume, that Foles leads them to another Super Bowl. What will the Eagles do with Carson Wentz come his FA year ?
    Will they trade a two time Super Bowl QB ( Foles ).
    Or , trade C. Wentz a talented but a non Super Bow QB.l

Jeff Hostetler and Phil Simms incident.
    I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Well this won't become a problem because Wentz will have a 5th year extension since he was drafted in the 1st round and Foles won't be an Eagle for that long. He will want to be paid and the Eagles won't be able to keep a backup QB on that amount of money that he will earn. The Eagles won't be able to trade him because they are demanding too much. Everyone knows that Foles is not a good QB. He's the product of the Eagles offensive system. No one would be dumb enough to give two first round selections for him (that's what the Eagles wanted this year... and no one gave it to them so they resigned him to a short term contract).

That's what will happen. Foles is disposable. You can't get rid of Wentz not a top 3 pick in the draft when he has shown success.
      Last edited by compaqnigg; 05-11-2018, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Wentz will be back and starting by November the latest.

If he gets injured again who knows. You have to stick with Foles, i suppose.

Comment

Philly could not deal Foles . That is an indictment on what the other GMs think he is. Some chose to pick an untested rookie QB. Some moved up to do so.
          Last edited by TEM; 05-11-2018, 07:45 AM.
          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

nah...

Foles will ride out the glory of being a SB winning QB.
            He had a very good to great end of the season. Is that who he really is? Probably not.

As long as Wetnz recovers and is able to get back on the field then then Foles will just continue to be a place holder.

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
              The Eagles have improved there roster. Thru the draft , FA. and resigning there existing players.
              Much to our displeasure , the Eagles are favorite to win the 2018 - 19 Super Bowl.
              Let's assume, that Foles leads them to another Super Bowl. What will the Eagles do with Carson Wentz come his FA year ?
              Will they trade a two time Super Bowl QB ( Foles ).
              Or , trade C. Wentz a talented but a non Super Bow QB.
              This year’s favorite is meaningless media fodder. What’s real is how stacked the Philadelphia team is. That in and of itself should make them solid contenders but in a parity league, that’s not particularly noteworthy. Their team will carry them as far as they’re going to go. The QB, while important, likely won’t be a significant difference maker

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

This year’s favorite is meaningless media fodder. What’s real is how stacked the Philadelphia team is. That in and of itself should make them solid contenders but in a parity league, that’s not particularly noteworthy. Their team will carry them as far as they’re going to go. The QB, while important, likely won’t be a significant difference maker
                It was a win, win for Philly. If domesom was dumb enough to give 2 First Round picks for him they would of jumped on it. As it stands they signed him to a one year deal and have insurance in case Wentz gets hurt again at least for 2018
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                X