Eagles not going to White house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles not going to White house

The whole Eagle team wouldn't show up at the White House cause the President insisted everybody would have to stand up for the National Anthem with their hand on their heart. So some of the players apparently would not do that. So that's that its been canceled.

Screw them then!

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
      Screw them then!
      Hopefully you had the same take when Tom Brady refused to show up for the previous POTUS.
      “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Hopefully you had the same take when Tom Brady refused to show up for the previous POTUS.
        Considering I hate both teams with a passion, I really could care less if they visited the WH or not. It's all PC BS anyway.

Comment

Considering I hate both teams with a passion, I really could care less if they visited the WH or not. It's all PC BS anyway.
          Fair enough
          “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

I wouldn't even invite teams to the WH. All it is anyway is a photo op. Today there is no civility the political climate is much to toxic on both sides.

Comment

Not exactly true. The Eagles were going to send a much small contingent of up to 10 people including the Head Coach Doug Pederson and the Owner Jeff Lurie to the White House and the president cancelled the invitation, not the team.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...t-donald-trump

"The source said that team owner Jeffrey Lurie was planning on attending the White House ceremony, despite some of the negative comments Lurie reportedly made about Trump in a private NFL meeting last fall. Head coach Doug Pederson and his wife, Jeannie, were also planning on making the trip, the source said."

Speaking of "Fake News", FOX news failed in their attempt to use photos of Eagles players kneeling for prayer before the game to falsely show Eagles players kneeling for the anthem and have apologized for it. Not one single Eagles player knelt for the anthem in their entire 2017 repeat 2017 SB season. There are already people following in suit of FOX's failure in showing pictures from the 2016 season in failing to disprove of that fact. lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1c9e62c07f10
              Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 06-06-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Fox news did mess up with posting those prayer pics & saying they were anthem kneeling pics but to compare them to the Clinton News Network is not even close when it comes to being a fake news network. And as far as there were a small contingent of Eagles going, that is irrelevant. In USMC bootcamp, when one messes up, the entire platoon pays for it, instead of blaming Trump for the cancellation, blame the players that turned the visit into another PC BS issue, they are the ones that cost the members that did want to attend, the trip to the WH, not the POTUS.

Comment

Nick Foles was also planning to go to the White House visit. So it's Head Coach, Team Owner, and the SB winning QB at least going to the White House, which was not good enough? Lol! If people thought the entire team was going to the White House in the midst of OTAs and political tensions, that's borderline delusional.

Professional athletes or average citizens are never obligated to go to the White House for anything whatsoever. Major well-known athletes have no-showed White House invitations regardless if the president was Republican or Democratic.

http://www.newsweek.com/athletes-who...-visits-555241

Comment

Fox news did mess up with posting those prayer pics & saying they were anthem kneeling pics but to compare them to the Clinton News Network is not even close when it comes to being a fake news network. And as far as there were a small contingent of Eagles going, that is irrelevant. In USMC bootcamp, when one messes up, the entire platoon pays for it, instead of blaming Trump for the cancellation, blame the players that turned the visit into another PC BS issue, they are the ones that cost the members that did want to attend, the trip to the WH, not the POTUS.
                    Clinton News Network is old. It's the Counterfeit News Network now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                      Nick Foles was also planning to go to the White House visit. So it's Head Coach, Team Owner, and the SB winning QB at least going to the White House, which was not good enough? Lol! If people thought the entire team was going to the White House in the midst of OTAs and political tensions, that's borderline delusional.

Professional athletes or average citizens are never obligated to go to the White House for anything whatsoever. Major well-known athletes have no-showed White House invitations regardless if the president was Republican or Democratic.

http://www.newsweek.com/athletes-who...-visits-555241
                      I believe it was a total of 10 people or less including the owner, the coach and his wife, 3 players or so, and the mascot. After asking for 81 WH passes and then saying that 10 were coming at the 11th hour. I'm glad it was canceled. Feel bad for the 1000 or so Eagle fans that showed up to see it.

Comment

Hate saying this but I wish NE had won the SB. The city of Philly deserves nothing but caca!

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

I believe it was a total of 10 people or less including the owner, the coach and his wife, 3 players or so, and the mascot. After asking for 81 WH passes and then saying that 10 were coming at the 11th hour. I'm glad it was canceled. Feel bad for the 1000 or so Eagle fans that showed up to see it.
                          Superbowl teams are usually celebrated at their own city with a parade hoisting the Lombardi trophy. That's the time to go see and celebrate the SB team in person if they're true fans, particularly with the Eagles who just won it for the first time in literally ages. If any of those White House fans were counting on the White House visit over that, disappointment was a possibility I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post

Superbowl teams are usually celebrated at their own city with a parade hoisting the Lombardi trophy. That's the time to go see and celebrate the SB team in person if they're true fans, particularly with the Eagles who just won it for the first time in literally ages. If any of those White House fans were counting on the White House visit over that, disappointment was a possibility I guess.
                            This is true

Comment

Hate saying this but I wish NE had won the SB. The city of Philly deserves nothing but caca!
                              Yea I was sorry to see the Eagles get their first SB also. But it adds to the NFC separation of the other divisions in the NFL. The Eagles accomplished 2 things :

1) The NFC East is the only division to have every team in it win at least 1 SB

2) It adds to the total of SB victorys by the NFC East (13) Dallas (5) Giants (4) Redskins (3) Eagles (1). I believe the next closest is (8) by the AFC East and North.

So at least there's that.

Comment

Working...
                              X