What is going on in San Fran?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is going on in San Fran?

[quote user="Medisleman"]Who knows what Alex Smith could have developed into.[/quote]</P>

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</P>

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Medisleman"]Who knows what Alex Smith could have developed into.[/quote]</p>

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</p>[/quote]

I think what he is talking about is that the 9ers were doing their best Al Davis impersonation and picking a new coach every year, forcing Smith to adapt to different systems year after year. Personally I'm not completely against that view, but I still think Smith is little more then a game manager.

Comment

[quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Medisleman"]Who knows what Alex Smith could have developed into.[/quote]</P>

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</P>

[/quote]

I think what he is talking about is that the 9ers were doing their best Al Davis impersonation and picking a new coach every year, forcing Smith to adapt to different systems year after year. Personally I'm not completely against that view, but I still think Smith is little more then a game manager.
        [/quote]</P>

And if Smith were much better than what he had shown last season, there wouldn't have been a need to change staff so often.</P>

Comment

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="Medisleman"]Who knows what Alex Smith could have developed into.[/quote]</p>

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And if Smith were much better than what he had shown last season, there wouldn't have been a need to change staff so often.</p>[/quote]

You can't put that all on a QB. This is a team sport. He went to the NFC championship game. No you don't have to be Joe Montana to do that, but you have to be good. With a few more pieces around him, they may have won the SB this year. It doesn't always have to be the QB that puts the team over the top.

Comment

[quote user="Medisleman"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="Drez"]

What he would have developed into? Dude, this is his 8th year. Chances are better than not that he's pretty close to his ceiling by now. Not that he can't get any better, but I doubt he's going to get significantly better.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

And if Smith were much better than what he had shown last season, there wouldn't have been a need to change staff so often.</p>[/quote]

You can't put that all on a QB. This is a team sport. He went to the NFC championship game. No you don't have to be Joe Montana to do that, but you have to be good. With a few more pieces around him, they may have won the SB this year. It doesn't always have to be the QB that puts the team over the top.
            [/quote]

Yeah San Fran makes me scratch my head ...most Qbs get at least a little better when in the same system for multiple seasons. As close as they came last year you would think the try and keep Smith at least close to them, (but i can defiantly see why they went after Manning) sometimes it the system a player develops in that makes hom successful or not. Maybe this is the case..

Comment

Sounds like Alex Smith Tucked his Tail between his legs and came home and signed a deal. </P>

Unless this was this Agents plan all along. Move him or put SF in a place where they needed him if they couldnt get Peyton</P>
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
              X