Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Post season success isn't the be all and end all of a great QB. (But it certainly is nice) Manning and Romo are both highly skilled and talented. They are both the pointy end of the spear.
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 09-08-2012, 05:16 PM. Reason: oops typo

    Comment


    • #92
      Personally I like Superman better than Batman.

      That's about as far as I can go in pretending that these are not some of the stupidest discussion points I've read here in quite some time.

      Next up on the subjectivity forum, who seems nicer? Jason Garrett or John Mara?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        Personally I like Superman better than Batman.

        That's about as far as I can go in pretending that these are not some of the stupidest discussion points I've read here in quite some time.

        Next up on the subjectivity forum, who seems nicer? Jason Garrett or John Mara?
        can I vote for Kate Mara?

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
          can I vote for Kate Mara?
          Ha.

          I will vote for Rooney Mara because she love me very much. It is true she love me very much.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
            And now my Cowboys fan side:

            1. Better at playing with a lead
            2. Better at not turning the ball over
            3. Accuracy
            4. Elusiveness
            5. Improvisation
            You might want to revise number 2 on your list. I believe it was Romo that threw an int on wednesday...and should of been 2 if not dropped by C.Web..Eli I believe threw Zero ints.
            Last edited by ELI_Iz_God; 09-09-2012, 03:53 AM.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
              lolol, now thats funny
              what's funny is your response..because if you had facts to back you up ..you would have stated them....run along now

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                what's funny is your response..because if you had facts to back you up ..you would have stated them....run along now
                well then here is a simple fact for you that i think you can understand.....Dallas beat the giants with authority and convincingly weds night. and i will remind you, in case you not thinking about it cause its just game #1, but that win is also a division win. i will also remind you that there are just only 6 division games per yr; making this 1st game of the yr an actually vital one.

                just some simple facts for you to ponder over. dont we all just love to grovel over facts?

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                  You might want to revise number 2 on your list. I believe it was Romo that threw an int on wednesday...and should of been 2 if not dropped by C.Web..Eli I believe threw Zero ints.
                  If we're going to base everything on Wednesday nights game, then Romo is the better QB all around.

                  See how silly that sounds?

                  Romo does not turn the ball over as many times as Eli. One thing that Giants fans overlook is that Eli Manning has turned the ball over 50 times in the last two regular seasons.

                  And also, if we're going to talk about 'should've been interceptions' Eli threw two of those on Wednesday that you probably just don't remember because of biased hindsight. If Carr doesn't mistime his jump, The Hixon reception is an easy interception and on a separate play where the Cowboys baited Eli, if Barry Church holds onto the ball then you would have seen a pick six.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                    Romo is better at failing his teams success by his own failure .....He doesn't know what it's like to have your team decimated by injuries and overcoming it..Eli deals with this consistantly Every season
                    Completely false. Everyone has injuries.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                      can I vote for Kate Mara?
                      You may. Any Mara'll do.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                        You might want to revise number 2 on your list. I believe it was Romo that threw an int on wednesday...and should of been 2 if not dropped by C.Web..Eli I believe threw Zero ints.
                        If we were discussing facts instead of opinions, asking him to change the list might make sense...but we're not discussing facts.

                        If we were that list would be shorter since of the 5 options 4 of the items are essentially redundant so really we're talking about 3 items on Netgrase's list and frankly only one of the three is inarguable: Romo does not turn the ball over as much as Eli (he is more accurate). We can honestly say he plays better with a lead but whether you want to put that on the QB or the Offensive Coordinator is up to you, and he is slightly - very, very slightly - better at improvisation (which encompasses elusiveness). Now, Romo is certainly much more mobile than Eli but that in and of itself does not define improvisation and/or elusiveness. Eli is deceptively elusive (but not agile) and clearly has a knack for improvising and making plays, particularly at big times. Under ordinary circumstances, Eli is also more apt to not improvise and simply kill the play. Romo extends plays more often. Whether that is a net positive or a net negative...I don't know. It's probably close to a push.

                        So, what it boils down to is 2 very, very good QBs, both of whom could be placed anywhere from top 3 or 4 to top 10 on anyone's arbitrary list (and they are all arbitrary, btw), neither being significantly better than the other and both having unique qualities that differentiate them from the other.

                        With the benefit of history behind me, of course I prefer Eli. I think he's a much, much better big play and big game QB. I would expect a Cowboys fan to prefer Romo. Neither of us would be wrong, because it is subjective.

                        From an objective POV, I honestly do not believe you can make a clearly winning argument for either. Unless your judgment criteria is championships, which in a team sport where the roster consists of 53 players.....is also a subjective criteria when applied to only one position.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          From an objective POV, I honestly do not believe you can make a clearly winning argument for either. Unless your judgment criteria is championships, which in a team sport where the roster consists of 53 players.....is also a subjective criteria when applied to only one position.
                          Well you can look at clutch play in big games and that is a big factor when cmparing these two QBs.

                          The roster consisting of 53 players is a valid point and holds more credence if the two SuperBowls that NY Giants won so far with Eli Manning wer back to back or had mainly the same team. However the roster is much different. The recievers and tight ends are different. The offensive line is even worse than it was when Eli won the 1st one. The constant in both SuperBowl Victories is Eli Manning and the very fact that he elevated his game so much to win 2nd one makes it criteria that should be considered as concrete and not subjective.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                            If we're going to base everything on Wednesday nights game, then Romo is the better QB all around.

                            See how silly that sounds?

                            Romo does not turn the ball over as many times as Eli. One thing that Giants fans overlook is that Eli Manning has turned the ball over 50 times in the last two regular seasons.

                            And also, if we're going to talk about 'should've been interceptions' Eli threw two of those on Wednesday that you probably just don't remember because of biased hindsight. If Carr doesn't mistime his jump, The Hixon reception is an easy interception and on a separate play where the Cowboys baited Eli, if Barry Church holds onto the ball then you would have seen a pick six.
                            I took a portion of your post and turned it against you..and rightfully so. How is that silly? Do elaborate..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                              I took a portion of your post and turned it against you..and rightfully so. How is that silly? Do elaborate..
                              I really have to explain...?

                              Because you are speaking about a single game in which Romo turned the ball over more times than Eli-- a very small sample size. A much larger sample size (their respective careers) would tell us the opposite and that Eli is the QB more prone to turn the ball over.

                              But if I WERE to play by your rules and base everything on Wednesday's game, then Romo is clearly the superior QB.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                                I really have to explain...?

                                Because you are speaking about a single game in which Romo turned the ball over more times than Eli-- a very small sample size. A much larger sample size (their respective careers) would tell us the opposite and that Eli is the QB more prone to turn the ball over.

                                But if I WERE to play by your rules and base everything on Wednesday's game, then Romo is clearly the superior QB.
                                You can have your Superior (non-winning) (0 superbowl) QB, I will take Eli. Nuff Said? Have your stats, I will take Rings!!
                                "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X