The Things ROMO is better at then ELI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Well, he's a better QB than Vick but that's really just damning him with faint praise.
    Well, he must be as good as Eli Manning or Joe Montana if we follow the "He has a ring" logic riiiiight?

Comment

• He's better at putting up less points against Seattle....proved since this last sunday

Comment

• Romo is better at throwing 5 INTs in a game. Romo has 2 of those games, Eli has 0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
          And now my Cowboys fan side:

1. Better at playing with a lead
          2. Better at not turning the ball over
          3. Accuracy
          4. Elusiveness
          5. Improvisation
          but he is still not s better QB overall.
          How is he when his team needs a comeback win???
          I like Romo but the real issue with the Cowboys is and always will be JJ. He is a good business man and great for the NFL to a degree but as long as he keeps too mnay fingers in that pie they will never win a SB......
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            I like Romo but the real issue with the Cowboys is and always will be JJ. He is a good business man and great for the NFL to a degree but as long as he keeps too mnay fingers in that pie they will never win a SB......
            Didn't say he was. Haven't said that since probably 2009.

When the team needs a comeback win it's been a toss up throughout his career. The reason it doesn't seem that way is because when he fails, he fails tremendously and when he succeeds it's barely a footnote. (4 game winning drives last year, 2 more games where he put his team in position to win, but ST failed).

But I digress. Romo is playing at an all time low right now and over the last few games. May be time to give up on Romo as a QB. It seems as though there is nothing else left in the tank and he seems to be only regressing. We've got good young players for years to come, might as well kickstart the rebuild by going younger at QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
              Didn't say he was. Haven't said that since probably 2009.

When the team needs a comeback win it's been a toss up throughout his career. The reason it doesn't seem that way is because when he fails, he fails tremendously and when he succeeds it's barely a footnote. (4 game winning drives last year, 2 more games where he put his team in position to win, but ST failed).

But I digress. Romo is playing at an all time low right now and over the last few games. May be time to give up on Romo as a QB. It seems as though there is nothing else left in the tank and he seems to be only regressing. We've got good young players for years to come, might as well kickstart the rebuild by going younger at QB.
              I dont think he has the mental toughness to qb in dallas with Jurry hanging over his every move. Romo is a good qb, a few of those ints were on his wrs and some balls were tipped. No excuse, but you cant lay them all at his feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoagieBastage View Post
                Well, he must be as good as Eli Manning or Joe Montana if we follow the "He has a ring" logic riiiiight?

That's not logic. Sure results are important but my rating of Vick as a QB is based on his ability - or lack thereof - to play the QB position in the NFL. He's a superior college style QB who to date performs as an average NFL QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoagieBastage View Post
                  Was Trent Dilfer named MVP? Did he lead game-winning comeback drives? Did he do it twice?
                  8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    Starting to wonder about Romo in his post-Cowboys career, where would be a good fit for him, and would he flourish there...
                    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                      Starting to wonder about Romo in his post-Cowboys career, where would be a good fit for him, and would he flourish there...

He would be perfect with the jets. This way they could suck for another few years.

Comment

• I dont think Romo is better then Eli but he is still better then at least 20 starters in the NFL.I think a change of scenery would be good for him

Comment

• Romo's biggest issue is he plays for JJ.
                          As long as JJ is the meddling owner that team is going no where as far as championships are concerned.
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• If the Cowboys let go of Romo and he went to the AFC, I think I'd cheer for him just to spite the Cowboys. How awesome would it be if they cut Romo and he went to Oakland and won a Super Bowl. I think I'd probably be pretty happy laughing at all the cowpuke fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                              If the Cowboys let go of Romo and he went to the AFC, I think I'd cheer for him just to spite the Cowboys. How awesome would it be if they cut Romo and he went to Oakland and won a Super Bowl. I think I'd probably be pretty happy laughing at all the cowpuke fans.
                              No doubt....I would be a Romo fan if they let him go just for that reason alone.....

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X