Cowboys ~ Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowboys ~ Eagles

[quote user="dax"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I'm with you on that, but they are playing very well right now with Vick back and healthy . . . . somehow*THEY were able to fix some of their problems on defense . . . . *[/quote]

Not only is Vick healthy, but Maclin, DJax, and the Oline is also healthy.* The offense hasn't been on the field together and healthy very much this season.* When they were, they moved the ball with ease.* The problem has been turnovers, which are absolute killers!

I'll believe the Eagles have fixed their defense if they contain Dallass.* We are only three weeks away from giving up 38 to Tavaris Jackson and Seattle.* The last two weeks have been against poor to average QBs in Miami and the Jets.* One thing they're doing is tackling better, which will be key against Romo and his receivers.

Still can't believe any NFC East fans would prefer Dallass with Jerry Jones over any other NFC East rival.* But to each his own.* As for fan behavior, you can point out whatever you want about Philly fans but the same thing applies to a lot of other fans too.

[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with this.

I don't care which team goes if the Giants don't. I"m a Giant fan but I generally don't root against any teams...not even the Jets. If my team isn't there, I don't care.

Plus whomever wins the NFC Least is going nowhere in the postseason anyway. The division is who sucks the least contest this year.

Comment

[quote user="dax"]How many postings on here suggest the Giants take out Vick?* You telling me Giants fans wouldn't cheer if he went down and never got back up?* Would have done the same if Irvin went down at the Meadowlands.* As for booing the big guy, from what I heard, it wasn't the real Santa so no harm, no foul.

[/quote]

Not me.

VIck on the field gives us a better chance than the backup.

Of course for the Giants that's true of every team. They make all backup QBs look like Joe Montana.

Comment

[quote user="dax"]I'm not offended. I'm just bored hearing about it especially from the national mediots!

Niners fan was out on the field after one of the blackouts on Monday night. Camera was on Big Ben who said, "where's Harrison when you need him?" and everyone had a good laugh about it. Not another word about it. Let a Philly fan run onto the field, and it's poor fan behavior and you never hear the end of it. Only diff was the Niners fan got caught quickly by security. The Philly fan kept avoiding security until a cop tasers his butt, and rightfully so. Now it's a national story.

San Fran also had some drunk run over a kid and put him in the hospital for months. LA and Oakland fans beat an opposing fan into a concussion. Still doesn't get the play that Philly gets for booing Santa Claus, cheering Irvin's injury, and throwing snowballs at Jimmy Johnson. You telling me Giants fans never throw snowballs and wouldn't love to target Jimmy Johnson or Rex Ryan or any Eagle? How many postings on here suggest the Giants take out Vick? You telling me Giants fans wouldn't cheer if he went down and never got back up? Would have done the same if Irvin went down at the Meadowlands. As for booing the big guy, from what I heard, it wasn't the real Santa so no harm, no foul.

[/quote]

It's not just the fans of the Eagles. It may be unfair but Eagles fans are going to get lumped in with Phillies fans, Flyers fans and so far the 76ers fans seem to have been quiet. Yes other things happen in other parts of the sports world, but Philly continually churns out incidents of classlessness.

Bored of it? I'm bored of people complaining about Jerry Jones face exposed on TV, calling us bandwagon fans, getting pissy every time the Cowboys are covered on ESPN over better stories. It comes with the territory. Can't control it just like you can't control the image of your fanbase.

However, I'm fair to individual Philly fans on an individual basis. It just depends on how they present themselves. You seem like you have your head on straight, as do a lot of people who post about the Eagles, so I'll treat you with respect. I don't think you're vile. I don't think you're going to intentionally throw up on a pre-teen girl at a game. You're just a fan.

I can respect you and have intelligent conversations about football.

Comment

[quote user="dax"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I'm with you on that, but they are playing very well right now with Vick back and healthy . . . . somehowTHEY were able to fix some of their problems on defense . . . . [/quote]

Not only is Vick healthy, but Maclin, DJax, and the Oline is also healthy. The offense hasn't been on the field together and healthy very much this season. When they were, they moved the ball with ease. The problem has been turnovers, which are absolute killers!

I'll believe the Eagles have fixed their defense if they contain Dallass. We are only three weeks away from giving up 38 to Tavaris Jackson and Seattle. The last two weeks have been against poor to average QBs in Miami and the Jets. One thing they're doing is tackling better, which will be key against Romo and his receivers.

[/quote]

Well they contained Dallas pretty well the first time. Having Miles Austin back may not mean that much, but Romo is far healthier this time as well.

Not having Demarco Murray is a concern. He played well against you guys last time, but things got out of hand so quickly, he had to take a back seat.

I think this game can go two ways.

Cowboys get the ball first and the game is competitive.

Or the Eagles get the ball first, force Dallas to play from behind again and blow them out. Garrett gets one dimensional way too fast and if he's down 10-0 or more in the first, he'll be passing the ball like crazy and the wide 9 actually has a shot to work.

Comment

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan...

[/quote]

That's why you wouldn't get it.

Cowboys fans may be annoying but Philadelphia fans have the reputation for being down right disgusting, vile individuals. Yes I know there are a lot of classy Philly fans, like Appletree who has posted in this thread, but for the most part when you think of Philly you think of...

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sport...s-fans-moments

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make* excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

Rob Ryan is probably the only person you can really dislike on the team.
            [/quote]

ESPN did a poll last year on the most annoying fanbases and the Cowboys overwhelmingly came in 1st (Jets was a distant 2nd). We do have a lot of annoying fans but you have no right to be condesending, as a Cowboys fan, with all due respect.[/quote]

Didn't I just acknowledge that? There are many Cowboys fans who are annoying-- bandwaggoners, the guys that talk about the 5 superbowl rings, etc etc. Along with Yankees fans. Lakers fans. And a ton of other sports teams.

But Eagles fans (for the most part) are in a class all of their own and are known for just being flat out classless, lowlives of the sports world, with numerous stories to back it up.

One is worse than the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2isksLw0jW8
            [/quote]

You can sugarcoat it all you want but Cowboys fans (for the most part) have a repuatation for being fairweather, clueless, babbling, loud, obnixious, fat, scumbag, worthless idiots with stories (and polls) to back it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ByeipzRBSw

Comment

[quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan, who just had to visit to see your thoughts given the status of the NFC East. Had no intention of posting until I saw this thread.

I would be disappointed if Giants fans didn't loathe the Eagles. I certainly detest your team. But how can anyone respect the Cowboys and like them more than any other NFC East team? People want to complain about the "Dream Team" comment describing the Eagles this season, but what about the "America's Team" crap that we've been subjected to for the past 50 years? The story about the hole in the roof at Texas Stadium so God can watch his team play? The blatant horrible calls throughout the years that always go in Dallass' favor? Jimmy Johnson? Michael Irvin? Deion Sanders? Jerry Jones? Not to mention all the fans who've never even been to Texas? Around here in eastern PA, there are so many Cowboys fans, it's unbelievable! They also happen to be Lakers fans during basketball season and either RedSox or Yankees fans during baseball season. How can you respect that? At least we root for our hometown teams rather than the most recent Champions.

If the Eagles are eliminated, I'll certainly be rooting for the Giants over the Cowboys to win the NFC East. That said, I'll also be rooting for the Falcons or Lions to kick your sorry butts in the playoffs! But the Cowboys and their fans? C'mon!

[/quote]

Fair question. Name one other franchise that had to install a jail and courtroom "on premises" due to assaults and other crimes committed against visiting teams' fans?
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan, who just had to visit to see your thoughts given the status of the NFC East.* Had no intention of posting until I saw this thread.

I would be disappointed if Giants fans didn't loathe the Eagles.* I certainly detest your team.* But how can anyone respect the Cowboys and like them more than any other NFC East team?* People want to complain about the "Dream Team" comment describing the Eagles this season, but what about the "America's Team" crap that we've been subjected to for the past 50 years?* The story about the hole in the roof at Texas Stadium so God can watch his team play?* The blatant horrible calls throughout the years that always go in Dallass' favor?* Jimmy Johnson?* Michael Irvin?* Deion Sanders?* Jerry Jones?* Not to mention all the fans who've never even been to Texas?* Around here in eastern PA, there are so many Cowboys fans, it's unbelievable!* They also happen to be Lakers fans during basketball season and either RedSox or Yankees fans during baseball season.* How can you respect that?* At least we root for our hometown teams rather than the most recent Champions.

If the Eagles are eliminated, I'll certainly be rooting for the Giants over the Cowboys to win the NFC East.* That said, I'll also be rooting for the Falcons or Lions to kick your sorry butts in the playoffs!* But the Cowboys and their fans?* C'mon!

[/quote]

Fair question.* Name one other franchise that had to install a jail and courtroom "on premises" due to assaults and other crimes committed against visiting teams' fans?
                [/quote]

I would agree that the Vet was crazy and that we have a lot of meatball and loser fans, but in 2011, we are not as bad as some other fanbases (Oak, NYJ, SF, SD, Pitt). Also, I wouldnt expect a bunch of Giants fans to be able to get this, but the media is mostly New York based. New Yorkers hate Philadelphia. There is a stabbing at every Oak-SD game and it gets mentioned once and swept under the rug but if someone pisses on a tree outside of the Linc, its a national news story. The NFL changed their beer laws based on an incident at a Jets game, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans threw beer bottles at Desean Jackson after the Miracle at Metlife incident, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans also are featured in a video on Youtube destroying the expensive car of an opposing fan after a tough loss but no one talks about that. A child was attacked at a Browns game and Bears fans shouted racial slurs at a injured Packers player but no one talks about any of those things. All of the above incidents happened in the last 2 or 3 years but all people talk about is us having a jailcell in our stadium in the 90s or us booing Santa Claus in the 60s. Giants and Cowboys fans like to bring up fan incidents but the only reason you guys even know about them is because New York based BSPN blows it up but as I said, I wouldnt expect a bunch of New Yorkers to process any of this information.

Comment

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan...

[/quote]

Cowboys fans may be annoying but Philadelphia fans have the reputation for being down right disgusting, vile individuals. Yes I know there are a lot of classy Philly fans, like Appletree who has posted in this thread, but for the most part when you think of Philly you think of...

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

[/quote]

ESPN did a poll last year on the most annoying fanbases and the Cowboys overwhelmingly came in 1st (Jets was a distant 2nd). We do have a lot of annoying fans but you have no right to be condesending, as a Cowboys fan, with all due respect.[/quote]

Didn't I just acknowledge that? There are many Cowboys fans who are annoying-- bandwaggoners, the guys that talk about the 5 superbowl rings, etc etc. Along with Yankees fans. Lakers fans. And a ton of other sports teams.

But Eagles fans (for the most part) are in a class all of their own and are known for just being flat out classless, lowlives of the sports world, with numerous stories to back it up.

[/quote]

You can sugarcoat it all you want but Cowboys fans (for the most part) have a repuatation for being fairweather, clueless, babbling, loud, obnixious, fat, scumbag, worthless idiots with stories (and polls) to back it up.

One is worse than the other.[/quote]

I don't mind the occasional drunkard who makes an *** of his or herself. Every team has fans like that. Have you never been to an away game in your life? Seriously. Type in drunk (insert team here) fan and you'll get the same amount of results.

What doesn't happen from many other team's fans are the things like I posted in the 'worst moments for Philly fans'-- at least not as frequent of the combined efforts of fans in Philadelphia.

I'm not saying the Cowboys have an admirable fan base, but they're no different from many in other sports. They're consistently ranked amongst the top in annoying fans, but Philly takes the cake. Your fans are the only disliked fans that haven't won anything in forever.

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/20110...ide=2#slide=14

I'm done with this conversation. I don't have much else to say that I haven't already said and repeated, and frankly it's putting me in a sour mood.

Comment

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="dax"]I'm an Eagles fan...

[/quote]

Anyway I think he was speaking of respect for the Cowboys squad of this year. Not much you can dislike about them. No 'criminals' or 'thugs' or 'showboaters'. They've just gone out and played tough football to the best of their abilities. Dealt with injury, didn't whine to the media about hits, didn't make excuses because of time zones, didn't have a WR quit on their team only for their coach to make* excuses for him, etc. In fact, even the few times where they've fallen flat on their face the past few years they didn't do anything of the kind.

[/quote]

[/quote]

One is worse than the other.[/quote]

I don't mind the occasional drunkard who makes an *** of his or herself. Every team has fans like that. Have you never been to an away game in your life? Seriously. Type in drunk (insert team here) fan and you'll get the same amount of results.

What doesn't happen from many other team's fans are the things like I posted in the 'worst moments for Philly fans'-- at least not as frequent of the combined efforts of fans in Philadelphia.

I'm not saying the Cowboys have an admirable fan base, but they're no different from many in other sports.* They're consistently ranked amongst the top in annoying fans, but Philly takes the cake. Your fans are the only disliked fans that haven't won anything in forever.

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/20110...ide=2#slide=14

I'm done with this conversation. I don't have much else to say that I haven't already said and repeated, and frankly it's putting me in a sour mood.

[/quote]

Philly takes the cake? Not according to the national poll last year. Success on the field has nothing to do with it. Face it, people hate Dallas and their fans more than any other fanbase and with good reason. And I'm done with this conversation too. You're pissed off and I'm rapidly getting pissed off so lets just drop the whole damn thing.

Comment

[quote user="Bread"]

I would agree that the Vet was crazy and that we have a lot of meatball and loser fans, but in 2011, we are not as bad as some other fanbases (Oak, NYJ, SF, SD, Pitt). Also, I wouldnt expect a bunch of Giants fans to be able to get this, but the media is mostly New York based. New Yorkers hate Philadelphia. There is a stabbing at every Oak-SD game and it gets mentioned once and swept under the rug but if someone pisses on a tree outside of the Linc, its a national news story. The NFL changed their beer laws based on an incident at a Jets game, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans threw beer bottles at Desean Jackson after the Miracle at Metlife incident, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans also are featured in a video on Youtube destroying the expensive car of an opposing fan after a tough loss but no one talks about that. A child was attacked at a Browns game and Bears fans shouted racial slurs at a injured Packers player but no one talks about any of those things. All of the above incidents happened in the last 2 or 3 years but all people talk about is us having a jailcell in our stadium in the 90s or us booing Santa Claus in the 60s. Giants and Cowboys fans like to bring up fan incidents but the only reason you guys even know about them is because New York based BSPN blows it up but as I said, I wouldnt expect a bunch of New Yorkers to process any of this information.[/quote]Do Eagles fans keep a bible of every other minor fan incident across the NFL to try and make themselves seem less scumbagish?

Comment

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Bread"]

I would agree that the Vet was crazy and that we have a lot of meatball and loser fans, but in 2011, we are not as bad as some other fanbases (Oak, NYJ, SF, SD, Pitt). Also, I wouldnt expect a bunch of Giants fans to be able to get this, but the media is mostly New York based. New Yorkers hate Philadelphia. There is a stabbing at every Oak-SD game and it gets mentioned once and swept under the rug but if someone pisses on a tree outside of the Linc, its a national news story. The NFL changed their beer laws based on an incident at a Jets game, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans threw beer bottles at Desean Jackson after the Miracle at Metlife incident, yet no one talks about that. Giants fans also are featured in a video on Youtube destroying the expensive car of an opposing fan after a tough loss but no one talks about that. A child was attacked at a Browns game and Bears fans shouted racial slurs at a injured Packers player but no one talks about any of those things. All of the above incidents happened in the last 2 or 3 years but all people talk about is us having a jailcell in our stadium in the 90s or us booing Santa Claus in the 60s. Giants and Cowboys fans like to bring up fan incidents but the only reason you guys even know about them is because New York based BSPN blows it up but as I said, I wouldnt expect a bunch of New Yorkers to process any of this information.[/quote]Do Eagles fans keep a bible of every other minor fan incident across the NFL to try and make themselves seem less scumbagish?
                        [/quote]

Yes we do.

Comment

[quote user="Bread"]

Philly takes the cake? Not according to the national poll last year. Success on the field has nothing to do with it. Face it, people hate Dallas and their fans more than any other fanbase and with good reason. And I'm done with this conversation too. You're pissed off and I'm rapidly getting pissed off so lets just drop the whole damn thing.[/quote]

I'm fine with other fans hating Dallas and I'm well aware of it. I think the poll you were talking about listed Dallas as the least favorite of all fans in the NFL and Green Bay as the favorite.

The Cowboys are the most polarizing team in the NFL. I've known that for years.

Comment

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Bread"]*

Philly takes the cake? Not according to the national poll last year. Success on the field has nothing to do with it. Face it, people hate Dallas and their fans more than any other fanbase and with good reason. And I'm done with this conversation too. You're pissed off and I'm rapidly getting pissed off so lets just drop the whole damn thing.[/quote]

I'm fine with other fans hating Dallas and I'm well aware of it. I think the poll you were talking about listed Dallas as the least favorite of all fans in the NFL and Green Bay as the favorite.

[/quote]

Nope. It was a poll on the most disliked fanbase. They even had former players up there to comment on it. If its any consolation, most of the players that were up there said the Jets had the most annoying fans.

The list went like this

1. Cowboys
                            2. Jets
                            3. Pats
                            4. Steelers
                            5. Raiders
                            6. Eagles
                            7. Seahawks (Dont get that one)
                            8. Giants
                            9. Saints
                            10. Niners

Comment

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Bread"]

[/quote]

Nope. It was a poll on the most disliked fanbase. They even had former players up there to comment on it. If its any consolation, most of the players that were up there said the Jets had the most annoying fans.

The list went like this

1. Cowboys
                              2. Jets
                              3. Pats
                              4. Steelers
                              5. Raiders
                              6. Eagles
                              8. Giants
                              9. Saints
                              10. Niners[/quote]

Hm. Interesting. Link? Or do you remember which show it was featured on?

edit: that doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of us and we're annoying. The Saints one surprises me a bit though. Although I think it's justified-- but I have to share close quarters with them and they think we're rivals so my view is a bit skewed.

Comment

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Bread"]*

[/quote]

The list went like this

1. Cowboys
                                2. Jets
                                3. Pats
                                4. Steelers
                                5. Raiders
                                6. Eagles
                                8. Giants
                                9. Saints
                                10. Niners[/quote]

Hm. Interesting. Link? Or do you remember which show it was featured on?

edit: that doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of us and we're annoying. The Saints one surprises me a bit though. Although I think it's justified-- but I have to share close quarters with them and they think we're rivals so my view is a bit skewed.
                                [/quote]

Dont have a link but the show was Sportsnation.

Comment

Working...
                                X