Cowboys ~ Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowboys ~ Eagles

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]Bored of it? I'm bored of people complaining about Jerry Jones face exposed on TV, calling us bandwagon fans, getting pissy every time the Cowboys are covered on ESPN over better stories. It comes with the territory. Can't control it just like you can't control the image of your fanbase.[/quote]

If you're from Texas, I ain't talkin' 'bout you! But there are so many Cowboys fans around here (eastern PA) it's not even funny. I can see being a Steelers fan, even a Giants or Jets fan because there are so many transplants from those areas living here. But being a Cowboys fan is absurd!

Name another owner who gets as much face time as Jerry Jones. Granted he's also GM or whatever he calls himself, but you hardly ever see other owners. Doubt anyone outside the NFC East even knows what Eagles owner Jeff Lurie looks like. And he's being interviewed every week. Give me a break!

That said, I have a pretty cool Jerry Jones story for you. Occurred a couple years back when the Eagles killed the Cowboys something like 44-7 to make the playoffs in week-17. It was one of those rare 60 degree winter days. Friend and I are heading down to the game and decide to go to Pats for a cheesesteak before heading to the stadium. Got lucky and found a spot right next to the place. As we're getting out of the truck, there sitting at one of the outside tables about 15 feet from us is Jerry Jones and an older woman, I assume was his wife. Couple henchmen types at a couple other tables. See a couple black Cadillac Escalades double parked with Philly cops around them. Exchange a couple "hey, how you doin'?" with the Joneses and go get our sandwiches. When we get back to the truck, a homeless guy comes over to us and starts cleaning our windshield. Give him a couple bucks to leave the car alone and then we tell him there's Cowboys owner Jerry Jones sitting over there. The guy goes over to Jerry saying, "Mr. Jones how are you sir?" and extends his hand to shake. We fully expected the henchmen to pounce. But Jerry Jones stands up, walks over towards the man and says, "My hands are too greasy from the cheesesteak to shake hands, but it's a pleasure to meet you. Let's just bump elbows." And there we see a billionaire and a homeless guy bumping elbows, both of them with smiles on their faces. Couldn't believe it! Very cool thing for him to do. While leaving I asked him if I could take a picture to prove I saw him. He asks if I'd like to get in the picture with him and he has one of his henchman snap a photo of us with my cell. That was so cool of JJ, but I still detest his football team!

Comment

As I have to travel during the latter portion of the Giants game I'm trying to figure out how to wear my Giants gear and dress up for my Christmas Eve dinner...

It's the one time I envy Eagles fans to whom wearing their jerseys IS dressing up.

Philadelphia Tuxedo = DeSean Jackson jersey w/ a backward Phillies cap.

Comment

Big Thanks to Jason Babin for Hopefully knocking out Romo for next weeks game.

Comment

It is pretty equal. I can't stand the America's Team crap. They haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. What the hell does that say about America.

Comment

[quote user="michaelkhan3"]Big Thanks to Jason Babin for Hopefully knocking out Romo for next weeks game.
            [/quote]

I wouldn't celebrate that.

THe Giants get a backup QB In the game they immediately let down. I'd rather that Romo play.

Comment

[quote user="Sarcasman"][quote user="michaelkhan3"]Big Thanks to Jason Babin for Hopefully knocking out Romo for next weeks game.
              [/quote]

I wouldn't celebrate that.

THe Giants get a backup QB In the game they immediately let down. I'd rather that Romo play.[/quote]Whats even better is if Romo plays, his hand will hopefully handicap him all game.

Comment

[quote user="TroyArcher"]It is pretty equal. I can't stand the America's Team crap. They haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. What the hell does that say about America.[/quote]

Or we've won 1 in the last 2 years...

Comment

I don't know where to post this and I don't know if it has been posted either, but

I read on eagles board that because of their victory over DAL, if the Eagles win next week they will finish ahead and more importantly pick after of the loser of DAL-NYG.

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue2010"]I don't know where to post this and I don't know if it has been posted either, but

I read on eagles board that because of their victory over DAL, if the Eagles win next week they will finish ahead and more importantly pick after of the loser of DAL-NYG.[/quote]

I don't think this is right.

First off, the Eagles still have to win against the redskins. But since that seems to be a given, I'll describe the scenario following that.

Strength of schedule is the first tie breaker.

If the Giants lose and end up 8-8, they'll finish 3rd in the division, but will have to draft later than the Eagles because of the strength of schedule. New York finished with the same record with a tougher strength of schedule, thus they had the 'better year'.

Dallas on the other hand had an easier strength of schedule because of the Bucs. Which means if they tie the Eagles at 8-8, they would have had a worse year. They would draft before the Eagles.

But I could be mistaken.

Comment

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="BigBlue2010"]I don't know where to post this and I don't know if it has been posted either, but

I read on eagles board that because of their victory over DAL, if the Eagles win next week they will finish ahead and more importantly pick after of the loser of DAL-NYG.[/quote]

You know Ntegrase, thanks for correction. I think you might be right. I guess tie-break logic for standings don't apply to draft.

I don't think this is right.

First off, the Eagles still have to win against the redskins. But since that seems to be a given, I'll describe the scenario following that.

Strength of schedule is the first tie breaker.

If the Giants lose and end up 8-8, they'll finish 3rd in the division, but will have to draft later than the Eagles because of the strength of schedule. New York finished with the same record with a tougher strength of schedule, thus they had the 'better year'.

Dallas on the other hand had an easier strength of schedule because of the Bucs. Which means if they tie the Eagles at 8-8, they would have had a worse year. They would draft before the Eagles.

But I could be mistaken.[/quote]

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue2010"]I don't know where to post this and I don't know if it has been posted either, but

Funniest thing there is the fact that the Cowgirl fans act like Arlington did something special. They did nothing. The Giants were the team that Eliminated the Eagles. Not the Cowgirls. But, the Cowgirl trolls think that they are the better team. Even thou they got swept by Philly, and might get Swept by the Giants this week.
                        1970's tv is better than today's tv.

Comment

[quote user="flamethrower"]Funniest thing there is the fact that the Cowgirl fans act like Arlington did something special. They did nothing. The Giants were the team that Eliminated the Eagles. Not the Cowgirls. But, the Cowgirl trolls think that they are the better team. Even thou they got swept by Philly, and might get Swept by the Giants this week.
                          [/quote]

Actually the Eagles eliminated themselves with their poor play early in the season. The Eagles were 1-4 and eventually 3-6, which should have enough to eliminate them from the playoffs. It's only because the NFC East is so bad that the Birds were even alive going into week-16 action. Philly's 5-1 division record and 3-7 record outside the NFC East are testament to that (assuming Eagles beat Skins on Sunday).

As for team's final records, the head-to-head and division tie-breaker only apply for division standings and playoffs. Strength of schedule, as the previous poster correctly explained, is the determining factor when it comes to the draft.

Comment

[quote user="dax"][quote user="flamethrower"]Funniest thing there is the fact that the Cowgirl fans act like Arlington did something special. They did nothing. The Giants were the team that Eliminated the Eagles. Not the Cowgirls. But, the Cowgirl trolls think that they are the better team. Even thou they got swept by Philly, and might get Swept by the Giants this week.
                            [/quote]

Actually the Eagles eliminated themselves with their poor play early in the season.* The Eagles were 1-4 and eventually 3-6, which should have enough to eliminate them from the playoffs.* It's only because the NFC East is so bad that the Birds were even alive going into week-16 action.* Philly's 5-1 division record and 3-7 record outside the NFC East are testament to that (assuming Eagles beat Skins on Sunday).

As for team's final records, the head-to-head and division tie-breaker only apply for division standings and playoffs.* Strength of schedule, as the previous poster correctly explained, is the determining factor when it comes to the draft.

[/quote]

I think you're selling the Eagles a bit short here. They sucked much further into the season than just the early part. I don't think anyone would consider 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through the early part of the season.

Comment

Yo ***thrower,the funny think is how irrelevant you Toxin fans and your so called team has been since joining the leauge back in 02. I swear, the few fans your little team has spend more time hating on the Cowboys than rooting for your team and thanking the Man up stairs that Peyton Manning missed this year so they could fInally get over 500 and win the worst division in the nfl. Face it, your little team is second class citizens in TX and always will be. Now go enjoy your first ever playoff game and getting beat by whom ever it is you play first.

Comment

[quote user="tx11"]Yo ***thrower,the funny think is how irrelevant you Toxin fans and your so called team has been since joining the leauge back in 02. I swear, the few fans your little team has spend more time hating on the Cowboys than rooting for your team and thanking the Man up stairs that Peyton Manning missed this year so they could fInally get over 500 and win the worst division in the nfl. Face it, your little team is second class citizens in TX and always will be. Now go enjoy your first ever playoff game and getting beat by whom ever it is you play first.[/quote]
                                Really? I was sure that in 2009 Houston won 9 games and only lost 7 that year. And I could swear that 9 wins are more than 8. Also I love how these cowgirl trolls think that they can predict the future. I hear the same Bull Crap each, and every season when it starts. The Cowgirls will win the Super Bowl because they have done it 5 times in the past. You forgot 1 small detail. You forgot to show how many games it took for the Cowgirls to win their first ever game vs How many it took Houston to win its first ever one also. Cowgirls had to wait til 1961 to win for the first time in Franchise history. 0-11-1 in 1960. 4-9-1 in 1961. That is 4-20-2
                                Houston's first 2 seasons. 4-12 in 2002. And 5-11-0 for the 2003 season. That is 9-23. Gee 5 more wins in the time frame. and only 3 more losses. Yet the current Season Houston is in the Playoffs, and is hosting a game. While the Cowgirls have a lousy divisional record, and have only 1 playoff win in the last 14 seasons. That ain't nothing to brag about.
                                1970's tv is better than today's tv.

Comment

Working...
                                X