Cowboys ~ Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowboys ~ Eagles

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Last time I checked we BEAT you early in the season - are you going to cue an excuse as to how u guys just lost that game and we didn't beat you?
    [/quote]

Yeah, you beat us early in the season. We beat you later in the season with our backup QB when you could have truly eliminated us from the NFC East race. The Eagles were not a good football team this year. No excuses.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]A timeout away from losing 6 straight? Please explain

We had the hardest schedule in the NFL and while you got to play a
    sleeping Falcons team and mediocre Bears team we had to play GB and NO
    Bottom line is if we do win, we are in. I guess it makes a huge
    difference what a game makes.
    [/quote]

Dallass made a last second FG to tie the game against the Giants and send it into OT. Coughlin called one of those bogus last microsecond timeouts right before the snap. Rekick was blocked, and Giants won. Had the game gone into OT, who knows what would have happened but you could have ended up with your sixth straight loss.

We played a Falcons team coming off a 13-3 season in their dome. Last I checked, they're a playoff team. We also played a hot Chicago team with a healthy Forte and Cutler. They will end up with a mediocre record, but they were destined for the playoffs until those two got hurt.

Green Bay and New Orleans are two of the best, but you also played and lost to Washington twice, and Seattle. Don't act like you would have beaten Atlanta and Chicago as if they were JV squads.

Comment

Re: Cowboys ~ Eagles

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]his comments are actually inconsistent. He says that they aren't a good team, but then references that they are a good team that just let down early in the year.
      [/quote]

There's nothing inconsistent with my comments. The Eagles were not a good football team this season. They did get off to a horrible start, which should have eliminated them from any serious chance at the playoffs. But because the NFC East was so bad this year, it actually took until week-16 before they were finally eliminated. Even with a win over the Skins and a 4-game win streak to end the season, I would not label the Eagles anything better than mediocre this season. Never did I say nor did I even hint that the Eagles were good in 2011.

Comment

Working...
      X