Clay Mathews States Again The Giants Didn't Beat Us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I for one am glad to see that the Packers are still living in the past. That's the quickest way to screw up this season . . . ..
    I have to agree with you. When you keep dwelling on the past and you think you were unbeatable then you are not focusing on the present and future. The Packers think they were and are still the best. Nothing wrong with being confident but some of these quotes remind me of the TO Cowboys. Lots of attitude and bragging. How did that work out for them?

Scoops

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
      lol. this is the real deal!
      love that....
      matthews can say or think what ever he wants. If it makes him feel better that his team sucked and beat themselves then so be it. personally I would rather be beat soundly knowing we played our best and lost than thinking we should have won and just choked....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-beat-packers/

From the article:

Skip Bayless can go on national television and call our qb a ****** that got lucky and it is absolutely acceptable.

This team is going to destroy any preconceived notions, mark my words.

Why anybody takes that ******bag Bayless seriously is beyond me.

Comment

Listen - the Packers made their mistakes, and it did cost them the game. You can argue that they beat themselves, but in the end, the Giants took those opportunities and scored.

We played the better game in the long run.

Nobody is going to remember the Packers for their few drops and few mistakes, but they'll remember the 2011-2012 SB champs.

Also, who has the Lombardi on the trophy case? The Giants. Everyone will know this for years and years.

You think people will remember the Packers dropping passes? No, no one except the Packers fans, and even THEY may forget.

Giants fans shouldn't take this as a sign of disrespect, but nurture it and understand the in the end, the Giants are the SB champs.
          OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
          SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

Most SB winning teams have faced teams that made mistakes. I am old enough to remember Montana's winning drive vs the Bengals where some Bengal dropped an interception right in his hands that would have won them the SB. Nobody ever talks about that. Too much time has passed and the only thing people remember is that the 49ers won the SB. Same will happen with the Giants. Over time, nobody will remember the Packers and the bad officiating for this game. Nobody will talk about how the Packers 'beat themselves'. Time has a tendency to do that.

Scoops

Comment

Originally posted by scoopscj View Post
              Most SB winning teams have faced teams that made mistakes. I am old enough to remember Montana's winning drive vs the Bengals where some Bengal dropped an interception right in his hands that would have won them the SB. Nobody ever talks about that. Too much time has passed and the only thing people remember is that the 49ers won the SB. Same will happen with the Giants. Over time, nobody will remember the Packers and the bad officiating for this game. Nobody will talk about how the Packers 'beat themselves'. Time has a tendency to do that.

Scoops
              Exactly. It's time to get over this childish nausea because a player thinks that they beat themselves. Nobody cares and nobody will remember them. If anything, Clay Matthews makes himself sound like a moron.
              SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

Considering the Giants beat Brett-Pack in 07, you can't tell me the Discount-D-Check-Pack wasn't prepared for the Giants 2nd time around. You know what they say, fool me once shame you.... (Tom Brady + Patriots knows this saying very well)

Either way it doesn't matter what Clay and the rest of the Packers think. When NFL Films makes a tribute to Eli Manning when he retires, they'll say the Giants came into Green Bay and BEAT the Packers twice, once in 2007 and in 2012.

Comment

The long haired baby is at it again. Not once, but twice he has stated that the Packers beat themselves not the Giants. I guess Clay remembers a different game, last time I checked the Giants not only won the game; but beat them in a dominated fashion.

Last edited by ny06; 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Pretty disrespectful considering the 1st game was a coin flip game which they got officials assistance to win

Comment

You guys are making a big thing out of nothing. Any decent NFL player would say and think the same thing. When we lose we always think we beat ourselves, especially when they commit a lot of turnovers and commit a lot of mistakes.
                      Its not disrespectful, its just the way athletes think. I'm sure most Giants think they beat themselves in the Philly loss where we played so badly.
                      The fact is that the Packers played a crappy game. Its just frustration by Matthews and I can't blame him.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        You guys are making a big thing out of nothing. Any decent NFL player would say and think the same thing. When we lose we always think we beat ourselves, especially when they commit a lot of turnovers and commit a lot of mistakes.
                        Its not disrespectful, its just the way athletes think. I'm sure most Giants think they beat themselves in the Philly loss where we played so badly.
                        The fact is that the Packers played a crappy game. Its just frustration by Matthews and I can't blame him.
                        When a team loses in a playoff game or any big game for that matter it looks lame to claim "we beat ourselves" Call it for what you want, the Packers playing poorly, or the Giants making them play poorly. The outcome will always be 37-20.
                        You don't have to blame Matthews for how he feels, I'll do it for you. Man up Clay Matthews and move on...

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Yeah, nice try. Get out of here with this ish. It might be natural or human to feel this way or maybe discuss it with your teammates after a loss. Think about all the what could have beens or the if we just did this. Sure, thats your typical rationalizations and cognitive dissonances in the moment to soothe the ego.

However, it's nothing but arrogance and disrespect to come out in the media and not just say it once, but twice, now months removed from it.

And not any decent NFL player would say it. Only Wade Phillips.

Comment

Clay Matthews needs to man up?

LOL, I'd like to see you fight Clay matthews
                            SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

Giants will feed off this. Giants will crush the Packers this season. The 1 game that worries me is the SF rematch. They will be out for Blood. Thats a team that can hurt u. The Packers are a soft Football team

Comment

Originally posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
                                Clay Matthews needs to man up?

LOL, I'd like to see you fight Clay matthews
                                Yes he needs to man up and take a loss like a man.
                                After I'm done fighting Clay, can I fight you?

Comment

Working...
                                X