No announcement yet.

Clay Mathews States Again The Giants Didn't Beat Us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't their TE have the drops all year?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
      Don't put me in with "you guys". I don't think it's a big deal whatsoever. You, however, seem to.

I honestly don't know why thinking one's team played it's worst game of the year, in the biggest game of the year for his team (after 2 weeks to prepare, no less), makes him feel better than admitting they got their *** whipped that day--especially by the team that went on to win the Championship.

Which is more shameful to feel?
      The only reason I am commenting on this thread is because I hate those "we don't get no respect" threads. Its either ESPN, Mike Francessa, "the media", Deon Sanders or whoever. Now its Clay Matthews.
      What the guy said is a common attitude from a team that played a horrible game in the playoffs and got beat. Its no big deal.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• You people are so sensitive, holy ****.

Stop feeling insecure and feeling horrible about getting media coverage.

It's the NFL, not the GFL
        OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
        SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodgers12 View Post
          We dropped 8 passes and gave up that hail mary. Plus Rodgers missed Jennings on a wide open touchdown. Man that loss still hurts. Hopefully we can bounce back from it.
          Plus Eli got creamed after throwing the pass with no roughing call, before missing a wide open receiver and throwing an INT. Plus Diehl missed a few blocking assignments in the game. Plus JPP noticed a girl in the stands on one play and got distracted. Plus Eli had gas at some point and throw an incompletion.

You guys sound like the Falcons after the playoff game you beat them in when they were the number one seed. Pretty sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            The only reason I am commenting on this thread is because I hate those "we don't get no respect" threads. Its either ESPN, Mike Francessa, "the media", Deon Sanders or whoever. Now its Clay Matthews.
            What the guy said is a common attitude from a team that played a horrible game in the playoffs and got beat. Its no big deal.
            You're right. It's no big deal.

Mathews, however, believes it is a big deal and is making it such to the media by making this statement 7 months after the fact. It makes him sound like a cry-baby fool, and some in the media are calling him out on it. It's not just "overly sensitive Giants fans" on this board who are doing that.

Bad for him, good for them.

Comment

So its your view that the Packers played well?
              Do you just like being a contrarian or are you actually serious with this?

Let me put it this way. They played about as well as the Falcons, 9ers, and Patriots played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuhgeddaboutit View Post
                You people are so sensitive, holy ****.

Stop feeling insecure and feeling horrible about getting media coverage.

It's the NFL, not the GFL
                Try to avoid generalizing people just because they disagree with you. This is a message board. People are going to write their opinions, and just because people's opinions are that Clay Matthew's is being arrogant and disrespectful by continuing to public diminish the role the Giants had in their loss does not mean people are oversensitive. Perhaps you're just oversensitive to people having an opinion. See how easy this is?

Now you can call me oversensitive back.

Comment

• Originally posted by njsean View Post
                  Try to avoid generalizing people just because they disagree with you. This is a message board. People are going to write their opinions, and just because people's opinions are that Clay Matthew's is being arrogant and disrespectful by continuing to public diminish the role the Giants had in their loss does not mean people are oversensitive. Perhaps you're just oversensitive to people having an opinion. See how easy this is?

"you people" as in those that are oversensitive.

Now your post just makes you look like narcissistic.
                  OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
                  SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                    You're right. It's no big deal.

Mathews, however, believes it is a big deal and is making it such to the media by making this statement 7 months after the fact. It makes him sound like a cry-baby fool, and some in the media are calling him out on it. It's not just "overly sensitive Giants fans" on this board who are doing that.

Bad for him, good for them.
                    I think being 15-1, and losing to a 9-7 team at home with 37 points allowed and 4 turnovers and a crapload of dropped passes should be a HUGE deal.

I think commenting that "we beat ourselves" should NOT be a big deal to football fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by njsean View Post

You're oversensitive.

I do what I'm told.
                      Now go have a good cry and it'll all be OK.

Comment

• Of course it's not a "huge deal", it's just a stupid remark.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I have a few MB pet peaves. One of them is the "Giants don't get no respect" nonsense.
                          I tend to respond with sarcasm. Of course I tend to respond with sarcasm for just about anything. Just Morehead being Morehead.
                          I agree for the most part, but I will say that when we do deserve some media credit, we rarely get it. (Ex - after arguably the biggest upset in SB history we aren't on the cover of any major sports magazines). Still, we play better when we have something to prove, so I'm actually happy about it.

People need to understand that the Giants are a boring team as far as the entertainment sports media is concerned, end of story. Could you imagine Hard Knocks if the Giants were the focus? Watching paint dry would be more entertaining to most fans.

Is anyone going to watch the NFL network if a large portion of the coverage is about how well behaved our players are, how they respect the coaches during practice, don't get in fights, drive drunk, or get arrested every other day? No, they won't. Let's face it, we're not very interesting to the masses because we never really have any major controversy. The only time we dominated regular season coverage in recent years is when Plax decided to shoot himself.

I'm fine with it personally. I'd much rather not get much attention and be a disciplined team then be a media sensation because someone is always fighting or running their mouths and their QB is out trying to rape high school girls.
                          Last edited by njg85m; 08-08-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I think being 15-1, and losing to a 9-7 team at home with 37 points allowed and 4 turnovers and a crapload of dropped passes should be a HUGE deal.

I think commenting that "we beat ourselves" should NOT be a big deal to football fans.
                            You mean it's a deal as huge as being 18-0 and losing to a 13-6 team?

Or do you mean it's as huge a deal as being 15-3 and losing to a 12-7 team?

I don't recall anyone actually on the Patriots crying about how they "beat themselves" 7 months later either year, do you?

I think you're making a distinction that matters to no one but you.

Comment

• Originally posted by YoImRudy View Post
                              Of course it's not a "huge deal", it's just a stupid remark.
                              Even if you think so its essentially what any player in the same boat would think. If you say he shouldn't have said it thats fine but I couldn't care less if he did or not.
                              I don't need everybody else to love my team. We got the ring and they don't. If you need to say something the media to motivate yourself for next season...bring it.

Comment

• Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                                I agree for the most part, but I will say that when we do deserve some media credit, we rarely get it. (Ex - after arguably the biggest upset in SB history we aren't on the cover of any major sports magazines). Still, we play better when we have something to prove, so I'm actually happy about it.

People need to understand that the Giants are a boring team as far as the entertainment sports media is concerned, end of story. Could you imagine Hard Knocks if the Giants were the focus? Watching paint dry would be more entertaining.

Is anyone going to watch the NFL network if a large portion of the coverage is about how well behaved our players are, how they respect the coaches during practice, don't get in fights, drive drunk, or get arrested every other day? No, they won't. Let's face it, we're not very interesting to the masses because we never really have any major controversy. The only time we dominated regular season coverage in recent years is when Plax decided to shoot himself.

I'm fine with it personally. I'd much rather not get much attention and be a disciplined team then be a media sensation because someone is always fighting or running their mouths and their QB is out trying to rape high school girls.
                                You're 100% correct.

Of course, Diehl did try to make things more sports media friendly, but it just didn't take.

Comment

Working...
                                X