Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cowboys Don't Have The Juice To Stay With Big Blue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Cowboys Don't Have The Juice To Stay With Big Blue

    Who would you rather have Dez or Nicks ( Nicks all day long )
    Who would you rather have Romo or Eli ( Same deal )
    Who would you rather have Ware Or Jason Pierre Paul ( Condisering we also have Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. This question becomes sillier and sillier )
    Webster or any one of their corners ? ( yeah the rookie too )
    Rolle or any Cowboy safety
    Considering the RBs might be a tie ( Although We'll stay with AB and DW )
    I cannot see the Cowboys going " Blow For Blow " with The Giants in a game. ( No pun intended, but we have more Stars than they do )

  • #2
    By "Romo or Eli (same deal) " you mean you would take either/or? Eli > Romo

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Moke View Post
      By "Romo or Eli (same deal) " you mean you would take either/or? Eli > Romo
      I think he means same deal as in (Eli all day), Just like he did for Nicks.


      Can't say I disagree with this post (except for the Ware v JPP, and Webster being better than Carr).

      But I don't think the gap is as large as the title of the thread implies.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
        I think he means same deal as in (Eli all day), Just like he did for Nicks.


        Can't say I disagree with this post (except for the Ware v JPP, and Webster being better than Carr).

        But I don't think the gap is as large as the title of the thread implies.

        Yeah thanks, I think that's what he meant as well. Division rivals never have a huge gap IMO. I think the Cowboys can have a team built like Browns and still destroy us. **** like that happens with the NFC East

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Yeah thanks, I think that's what he meant as well. Division rivals never have a huge gap IMO. I think the Cowboys can have a team built like Browns and still destroy us. **** like that happens with the NFC East
          I think the only lopsided games are between the Eagles and Cowboys. Cowboys dominated in 2009. Eagles have dominated pretty much ever since, last year especially.

          Comment


          • #6
            JPP is much much much better than Ware. I'd argue JPP is a top 3 defensive player. He will show it this year. His impact will be that big. By the end of his career, he will be considered one of the all time great defensive ends and possibly in a league with Reggie White and Deacon Jones

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
              JPP is much much much better than Ware. I'd argue JPP is a top 3 defensive player. He will show it this year. His impact will be that big. By the end of his career, he will be considered one of the all time great defensive ends and possibly in a league with Reggie White and Deacon Jones
              Ware is already in Reggie White's company. They don't play the same position, but should Ware get half a sack in one of his first two games this season, he will be the second fastest player to 100 sacks (behind only Reggie).

              I think JPP is a tremendous player who will only get better. I believe he has a higher ceiling than Ware. But that doesn't make him the better player already.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                Ware is already in Reggie White's company. They don't play the same position, but should Ware get half a sack in one of his first two games this season, he will be the second fastest player to 100 sacks (behind only Reggie).

                I think JPP is a tremendous player who will only get better. I believe he has a higher ceiling than Ware. But that doesn't make him the better player already.
                People keep calling JPP the best DE ever and honestly, that is so premature. Kid is good and he proves it time and time again, but to say he's even close to a better player than Ware right now is ridiculous.

                He most likely WILL BE better than Ware when both careers are done, but right now, the point is very easy to make only because JPP is younger, but career wise right now... can't even say he's better yet.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                  I think he means same deal as in (Eli all day), Just like he did for Nicks.


                  Can't say I disagree with this post (except for the Ware v JPP, and Webster being better than Carr).

                  But I don't think the gap is as large as the title of the thread implies.
                  I think your wrong about Webster he is the #1 on this team and never played with a number one like Carr.
                  sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                    I think your wrong about Webster he is the #1 on this team and never played with a number one like Carr.

                    Webster is the number 1 corner, but was one of the most targeted corners last year. That could mean a couple of things, but mostly what I take away from that is that his coverage wasn't very tight and that they'd rather throw at him rather than throw at Ross, who was one of the worst CBs in the NFL last year.

                    I think Webster was very good at one time and is still running off of that merit. He's been average at best since the end of 2008 and is only getting older (he's 30 now).

                    Whereas Carr has been getting better each year and is just now in his prime at age 26.

                    Did he benefit from having Flowers? Maybe at one point. Although I think last year you could say the opposite occurred.

                    I see Carr as a borderline top 10 CB, but I don't think I would have Webster anywhere close to that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
                      Who would you rather have Dez or Nicks ( Nicks all day long )
                      Who would you rather have Romo or Eli ( Same deal )
                      Who would you rather have Ware Or Jason Pierre Paul ( Condisering we also have Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. This question becomes sillier and sillier )
                      Webster or any one of their corners ? ( yeah the rookie too )
                      Rolle or any Cowboy safety
                      Considering the RBs might be a tie ( Although We'll stay with AB and DW )
                      I cannot see the Cowboys going " Blow For Blow " with The Giants in a game. ( No pun intended, but we have more Stars than they do )
                      Stars DO NOT make a team, and they certainly DO NOT guarantee a Winning season. Example= Iggles! However I do believe that are team has some stars but more importantly they have unity!!
                      "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sorry, made the thread and headed off to work. Of course I meant Eli. As far as JPP? We are not talking about their Legacies here. I was referring to the here and now. JPP is Lights Out right now. Besides what I meant specifically was ( And maybe should have used a better term like Pass Rusher ) who would you rather have on your team ? Ware is a lot like Osi ( A QB Killer ) JPP ? QB,RB,TE,Hot Dog Vender, it doesn't matter,who ever has the ball He destroys. He blocks kicks, Slaps down balls. There are simply more ways JPP can disrupt a game than Ware does. And please stop comparing Ware to Reggie White who was a DE, Ware is a LBer. So yes in that instance I agree, Ware is better than Boley.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
                          Who would you rather have Dez or Nicks ( Nicks all day long )
                          Who would you rather have Romo or Eli ( Same deal )
                          Who would you rather have Ware Or Jason Pierre Paul ( Condisering we also have Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. This question becomes sillier and sillier )
                          Webster or any one of their corners ? ( yeah the rookie too )
                          Rolle or any Cowboy safety
                          Considering the RBs might be a tie ( Although We'll stay with AB and DW )
                          I cannot see the Cowboys going " Blow For Blow " with The Giants in a game. ( No pun intended, but we have more Stars than they do )
                          I am a die hard big blue fan bro, but umm there corners are way better, are any of them better then Webster noo but they did acquire Carr and claiborne still has to prove himself, but prince is nothing but a bust in my eyes, even if he wasnt injured i would start hosely over him i think hosely is out to be a star in this league, i like the way he covers and he has tremendous speed, think he is hurt tho i have no idea who is going to be playing opposite side of webster against the cowgirls im hoping hosely, but he might be out to, i think i rather see justin tryon over coe and bruce johnson. idk man im kinda scared after losing thomas, prince, and now maybe hosely what the hell are they gonna do only thing that could help us is if austin doesnt play.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
                            Sorry, made the thread and headed off to work. Of course I meant Eli. As far as JPP? We are not talking about their Legacies here. I was referring to the here and now. JPP is Lights Out right now. Besides what I meant specifically was ( And maybe should have used a better term like Pass Rusher ) who would you rather have on your team ? Ware is a lot like Osi ( A QB Killer ) JPP ? QB,RB,TE,Hot Dog Vender, it doesn't matter,who ever has the ball He destroys. He blocks kicks, Slaps down balls. There are simply more ways JPP can disrupt a game than Ware does. And please stop comparing Ware to Reggie White who was a DE, Ware is a LBer. So yes in that instance I agree, Ware is better than Boley.

                            It's cool. That's what MB's are for. I'm the opposite-- usually I post at work and only at work.

                            Anyway, I wasn't talking about their legacies either, although the more proven you are the better.

                            Ware is nothing like Osi. If you run at Ware he makes plays and he's STILL a more dangerous pass rusher. And if Ware is dropped back into coverage rather than going after the QB, he covers well.

                            If you think there are more ways a DE can disrupt a game more than an OLB with better pass rushing skills, you're mistaken. And Ware is not only the best OLB in the league, he's quite possibly the best defensive player period.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I honestly think the NFC East is up for grabs next season. The difference between every team save the Redskins is very small. Yeah we won the division and the SB, but given our performance as a whole, I can't say I'm very confident going into next year.
                              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                              Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X