Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dez Bryant Gets a Babysitter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dez Bryant Gets a Babysitter

    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...lines-behavior

  • #2
    The difference between a class organization and clown circus. The Giants would have showed him the door.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why has Goodell not suspended him yet?
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Why has Goodell not suspended him yet?
        I'm guessing Jerry Jones proposed this idea to Goodell in hopes if Dez abided by these rules then he wouldn't have to serve a suspension.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by titwio View Post
          I'm guessing Jerry Jones proposed this idea to Goodell in hopes if Dez abided by these rules then he wouldn't have to serve a suspension.
          Uh, thats nice, but it didnt work for Pacman... According to Goodells past track record, Dez should be suspended at least 2 games.
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

          Comment


          • #6
            knocking your mother around is probably the most ridiculous thing you could do and you definitely deserve a suspension

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              Uh, thats nice, but it didnt work for Pacman... According to Goodells past track record, Dez should be suspended at least 2 games.
              Not exactly sure but I don't remember any player ever having strict rules like this laid upon themselves. He's being treated like a 12year and he's a fully grown man being followed around by security with a curfew...no bars, nightclubs...no drinking. Not even a beer for eff's sake.

              These rules are worse than any 2 game suspension I can think of. Honestly I would never agree to it...but that's just me. And I'm not supporting Dez in any way shape or form...just saying this is humility at it's finest.
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

              Comment


              • #8
                here are the list of restrictions:

                • A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;

                • No drinking alcohol.

                • He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.

                • He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.

                • A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.

                • Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions

                Un effing believable

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                  here are the list of restrictions:

                  • A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;

                  • No drinking alcohol.

                  • He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.

                  • He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.

                  • A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.

                  • Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions

                  Un effing believable
                  If I was Dez I'd take the 2 game suspension...lol Those rules are nuts!
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    Not exactly sure but I don't remember any player ever having strict rules like this laid upon themselves. He's being treated like a 12year and he's a fully grown man being followed around by security with a curfew...no bars, nightclubs...no drinking. Not even a beer for eff's sake.

                    These rules are worse than any 2 game suspension I can think of. Honestly I would never agree to it...but that's just me. And I'm not supporting Dez in any way shape or form...just saying this is humility at it's finest.
                    Pacman had rules like that. A curfew, wasnt allowed in strip clubs, had body guards around him all the time.... Pacman basically said he hated it because he wasnt a kid and he was being treated like one. Thats why it didnt work. I dont see Dez really buying into this either.
                    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                      The difference between a class organization and clown circus. The Giants would have showed him the door.
                      Like they showed LT the door?

                      The thing you guys absolutely refuse to understand is both sides of the story. In fact, none of you even try.You have automatically painted Bryant a villain because it's easy to listen to ESPN and other media outlets assume that he is, despite the fact that you all know that sports media is more entertainment than journalism.

                      Everyone here sympahized with LT because he needed help (also we're biased as fans and take care of our own). Well, the same goes for Bryant as well. The difference is Byant isn't a drug addict. He's a troubled kid from a broken home. And another difference is that Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things.

                      Again, the biggest thing wrong with Bryant stems from lack of sense of discipline and responsibility, yet Bryant AGREED to these restrictions. And anyone following him knows that he's been taking steps to improving that aspect of his life.

                      And for god's sakes he did not beat his mother.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                        Like they showed LT the door?

                        The thing you guys absolutely refuse to understand is both sides of the story. In fact, none of you even try.You have automatically painted Bryant a villain because it's easy to listen to ESPN and other media outlets assume that he is, despite the fact that you all know that sports media is more entertainment than journalism.

                        Everyone here sympahized with LT because he needed help (also we're biased as fans and take care of our own). Well, the same goes for Bryant as well. The difference is Byant isn't a drug addict. He's a troubled kid from a broken home. And another difference is that Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things.

                        Again, the biggest thing wrong with Bryant stems from lack of sense of discipline and responsibility, yet Bryant AGREED to these restrictions. And anyone following him knows that he's been taking steps to improving that aspect of his life.

                        And for god's sakes he did not beat his mother.
                        "Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things".

                        believe it when I see it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                          "Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things".

                          believe it when I see it.
                          I'm not saying he will, but I'm saying he's young enough.

                          He's taking the steps toward increasing his responsibility and he really has been for the most part since the end of last season.

                          I'm curious though... what are you expecting to see change?

                          What exactly are you looking to see?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                            I'm not saying he will, but I'm saying he's young enough.

                            He's taking the steps toward increasing his responsibility and he really has been for the most part since the end of last season.

                            I'm curious though... what are you expecting to see change?

                            What exactly are you looking to see?
                            I'm waiting to see if he either:

                            1) accepts the help he is getting (translate: can stand being treated like a 5-year-old) and works hard to change, or
                            2) implodes on and off the field as a result of the pressure and being demorilized by the Cowboys organizationm (like Pacman), or
                            3) somewhere in between and fades into mediocrity

                            either way, it's certainly an interesting side show you got going on down there in Texas.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                              I'm waiting to see if he either:

                              1) accepts the help he is getting (translate: can stand being treated like a 5-year-old) and works hard to change, or
                              2) implodes on and off the field as a result of the pressure and being demorilized by the Cowboys organizationm (like Pacman), or
                              3) somewhere in between and fades into mediocrity

                              either way, it's certainly an interesting side show you got going on down there in Texas.
                              1.) He's sort of refused the help he was getting from some Cowboys vets early on, but recently has sought out Novacek to help his on the field struggles.
                              2.) He agreed to the restrictions himself, so I doubt that
                              3.) Possible. Nothing is impossible. I wouldn't say it's likely though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X