Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aren't the patriots pretty much guarenteed playoffs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by appodictic View Post
    Because of the Jets might not score a TD all season and Miami is not looking good either it seems like the Patriots can't miss the playoffs. Kinda unfair in a way some of the AFC divisions are so weak and NFC east is usually strong. (we will overcome anyway but just saying)

    Why should this year be any different? It's the AFC LEast.

    Comment


    • #17
      Patriots schedule is one of the easiest in the league. No doubt they make the playoffs.

      Comment


      • #18
        NE Patriots are more than likely going to make playoffs regardless of their schedule. I will not be surprised if they make it to SuperBowl XLVII. They have one of the greatest QBs of all time, one of the greatest head coaches of all time a really good core group of players that flow well together. They know how to win and they stay focused.

        NE Patriots put together a great winning streak last season and gave us a lot more trouble in SuperBowl XLVI than a lot of folks thought they would. I think if they had faced any other team than NY Giants in SuperBowl XLVI, they would have beaten them.

        A lot of folks harp on Coach Bellichek being a cheater and this and that but damn, I going to tip my hat to NE Patriots for the strength of character they showed in both SuperBowl losses to us. They fought tooth and nail till the end in both those games and didn’t make excuses when they lost.

        I bELIeve.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          Why should this year be any different? It's the AFC LEast.
          The AFC as a conference is going through a bit of a lull, it would seem.

          Comment


          • #20
            Patsies always started with 5-6 wins in their pocket for long time now so I'll be shocked if they don't make it again this year.
            Let's go GIANTS!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              With their cream-puff schedule, the Patriots could probably sleep walk to a 11-5 record. Though there are no sure things in sports, I think the patriots are as close to a lock for the playoffs as you can be.

              Comment


              • #22
                The Patriots and 49ers could go 7-9 and still win their divisions. Maybe even 6-10

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                  The Patriots and 49ers could go 7-9 and still win their divisions. Maybe even 6-10
                  nah I think the nfc west is gonna improve this yr, I see the rams being better with a healthy bradford and steve smith. I can see jeff fisher turning that franchise around. Seahawks are gonna be better aswell russell wilson looks like the real deal, even if he struggles flynn looks solid and the cards are always tough no matter who's their qb. Much tougher division than ppl think

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Brady might start getting more timid of that Bills' D-Line. Hopefully they can rattle him up. We all know how Brady loves pressure.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rod-Diggity View Post
                      nah I think the nfc west is gonna improve this yr, I see the rams being better with a healthy bradford and steve smith. I can see jeff fisher turning that franchise around. Seahawks are gonna be better aswell russell wilson looks like the real deal, even if he struggles flynn looks solid and the cards are always tough no matter who's their qb. Much tougher division than ppl think

                      I'm not sure I would consider "the division sucks less this year" and "the division is good" to be the same thing.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Does the NFL just hate the Giants & wants Brady to tie Montana & Bradshaw with 4 SB wins? HTF do the Giants get the toughest schedule in the NFL & the Pats the easiest? Fine, we're the champs, give us a tough schedule, but shouldn't the SB runnerup get the 2nd toughest schedule instead of the easiest?


                        I see them going 13-3 with #1 seed again! S'Ok, guess we'll have to perform the Trifecta & hand them a 3rd straight SB loss at our hands.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                          Does the NFL just hate the Giants & wants Brady to tie Montana & Bradshaw with 4 SB wins? HTF do the Giants get the toughest schedule in the NFL & the Pats the easiest? Fine, we're the champs, give us a tough schedule, but shouldn't the SB runnerup get the 2nd toughest schedule instead of the easiest?


                          I see them going 13-3 with #1 seed again! S'Ok, guess we'll have to perform the Trifecta & hand them a 3rd straight SB loss at our hands.
                          People are still on this ****, there is a formula to decide who plays who, The afc east sucks right now 6 easy games right off the bat

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Actually, the vast majority of AFC teams stink. Top tier teams yr in/yr out have been mostly NE/Pitt/Ravens & prior to Manning's injury, the Colts. NFC is the more powerful conference the past few yrs. Yeah, I know all about the fixed schedules but somehow, it always seems that NE always gets an easy schedule every yr. But like I said, the NFC has the better teams overall & that's why the Giants have beaten NE the last 3 times they've played. Giants play their NFC rivals 6 times a yr & those are alway tough regardless of W-L record, then they play the likes of GB/SF/NO like every yr or every other yr.

                            Reasons NE wins 12+ games every yr is due the fact that they annually end up either sweeping the week AFCE with maybe only the Jets or Bills splitting a game with em every other. So a 6-0 or 5-1 div record makes it misleading when they win 12 or more, cuz 50% or more of their wins come vs inferior opponents.

                            They whooped an 8-8 Broncos team in the div rd but then had a much tougher time vs the much better & more physical Ravens. Brady had his worst game of the yr in that AFC title game & if not for the Ravens WR & Kicker having brain farts on back to back plays, should have lost that game.

                            So yeah, barring any serious injuries to any of their key starters, NE should once again roll into the post season, but will either fall to the more physical AFC teams such as Pitt/Ravens, even the Texans in the playoffs. And should they make it to the SB, either the Giants/GB/SF or NO will take em out.
                            Last edited by Parademon; 09-02-2012, 02:54 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              yeah we were only 9-7, but 4-0 vs. the AFC Least ... they got it real cushy over there
                              Apologize to Melo 5

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I did research on last years toughness of schedule by counting the wins of each team they played, guess which 3 had it the easiest? The Packers,Saints and Patriots -_-

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X