More disrespect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OX1 View Post
    Really, so they BOTH played their worst game twice last season, because they both barely beat us in the regular season.
    Why didn't they blow us out during the season if they were so much stronger. Seems like you are just ignoring that we were
    competitive with them even when our team was banged up.
    Not to be a smart ***, but I don't recall seeing an "Almost" anywhere near the W-L columns

I know the games were very tight, but the Giants still lost them and got in with 9 wins, as opposed to 15 wins for GB and 13 for SF. Comparing GB's offense with the Giants' offense is not close, nor is comparing SF's defense with the Giants's defense. Thats all I meant
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
      How is this disrespect? Yes, the Giants won the SB last season. It doesn't mean they were the best, most powerful team in the NFL. Quite frankly, they were a 9-7 team that got hot at the perfect time. They had a lot of flaws, and they still do, especially with yet another injury plagued pre-season this year.

Look at the schedule, look at the question marks across the roster, and then ask yourself, REALISITICALLY AND HONESTLY, if you'd pick the Giants to repeat. These guys aren't paid to be homers. GB and SF were much stronger teams last season, and even though the Giants beat them both in the playoffs, it doesn't mean the Giants were the overall stronger team. THAT DAY, they were, but the numbers dont lie. If you expect most analysts to automatically pick the Giants to win it all again, you're not being the least bit realistic.

I definitely think we'll be in the mix. Right now, today, I dont see a repeat. On paper, there are too many question marks. Thats not disrespect, thats objectivity and reality.
      good post

by the way under Coughlin we historically don't make the Play Offs after a successful previous year, SB or not.

that said enjoy being a Giants fan, haters gonna hate...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Not to be a smart ***, but I don't recall seeing an "Almost" anywhere near the W-L columns

I know the games were very tight, but the Giants still lost them and got in with 9 wins, as opposed to 15 wins for GB and 13 for SF. Comparing GB's offense with the Giants' offense is not close, nor is comparing SF's defense with the Giants's defense. Thats all I meant
        Still does not answer the question of why neither of them blew us out in the regular season if they were "much stronger teams".
        Our D was much better than GB's and our O was much better than the niners. We basically blew out GB the second game.
        The niners were closer, but not a huge amount better than the giants, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by OX1 View Post
          Still does not answer the question of why neither of them blew us out in the regular season if they were "much stronger teams".
          Our D was much better than GB's and our O was much better than the niners. We basically blew out GB the second game.
          The niners were closer, but not a huge amount better than the giants, if at all.
          My point is, both of those teams finished with 4 and 6 more wins, and each team had a #1 ranked unit in the NFL(Offense/Defense)

I don't disagree with you, but I'm trying to make the point as to why the media is picking them over the Giants. They see numbers and rankings, and they base their opinions on those numbers and rankings. The Giants were largely middle of the road for most of last season in a lot of categories, and were dead last in pretty much every rushing category. That is the kind of stuff they remember, and why, despite winning the SB, they'll never get the kind of praise that a lot of folks here think is warranted. I dont see what they're saying as disrespect. It's a numbers game, and numbers dont lie.

As we all know, they have their favorites too. Dallas, GB, the Jets, Philly, and now Denver will always be part of the conversation, no matter how good or bad they're playing. It's nothing new, but keep it in mind.
          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

anyone here the espn radio personaity pick giants going in as wild card and winning super bowl against the new england i was like wtf is he smoking ? heard it saturday 9-1-12

Comment

My point is, both of those teams finished with 4 and 6 more wins, and each team had a #1 ranked unit in the NFL(Offense/Defense)

I don't disagree with you, but I'm trying to make the point as to why the media is picking them over the Giants. They see numbers and rankings, and they base their opinions on those numbers and rankings. The Giants were largely middle of the road for most of last season in a lot of categories, and were dead last in pretty much every rushing category. That is the kind of stuff they remember, and why, despite winning the SB, they'll never get the kind of praise that a lot of folks here think is warranted. I dont see what they're saying as disrespect. It's a numbers game, and numbers dont lie.

As we all know, they have their favorites too. Dallas, GB, the Jets, Philly, and now Denver will always be part of the conversation, no matter how good or bad they're playing. It's nothing new, but keep it in mind.
              I still think your being a bit too adamant about how good a TEAM those other two were vs us, once we got healthy and could play as good as we did on both sides of the ball. I don't care what the media says, but I don't believe they will ever give us a fair shake and I don't see how anyone can defend their unfair shake. They sure are not taking into account our last 6 games last year when they dismiss us so easy.

I think our team overall will be even better than the end of last year. What we gained, I think more than displaces what we lost.

Comment

I hope you're right. We'll find out soon enough

Comment

I hope you're right. We'll find out soon enough
                  Me too, since I'm usually the ultimate pessimist.

Comment

Hey guys, the 08 Giants started 10-1 & were primed to repeat until a certain idiot shot himself & our chances at winning back to back SBs that yr. We had beaten the Steelers in their house that yr, the eventual SB bound Az Cards in their house, the Ravens & swept Dallas, So now, here we are again playing the AFC north again. Let's just pray nobody on this current Giants team is stupid enough to shoot himself in the leg & derail our chance at repeating.

Comment

Working...
                    X