Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More disrespect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More disrespect

    http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap...content_stream

    NFC title game
    Packers over Eagles

    Packers over 49ers

    Packers over Eagles

    Packers over 49ers

    Packers over 49ers

    Eagles over 49ers

    Eagles over Packers

    49ers over Packers

    I really can see people not picking the giants but picking the eagles over the packers and 49ers...wtf are these guys smoking.
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

  • #2
    Yep... Also SIs NFL Preview came out today. They don't even have us making the playoffs. Guess what.. They don't have the eagles making it either. They have cowboys winning NFCE with a 10-6 record. Followed by the giants and eagles at 9-7 both missing playoffs....Please""..........
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

    Comment


    • #3
      Their pick for the Super Bowl you ask?

      Packers 33

      Broncos 30
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

      # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

      1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

      ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

      Comment


      • #4
        Just makes me glad I'm not an "ANAL"LYST ...apparently you lose all objectivity along with 80 IQ points when you become one. the Fans are FAR more wise then they are.

        Comment


        • #5
          How do those guys get paid for being idiots is beyond me.

          Comment


          • #6
            How is this disrespect? Yes, the Giants won the SB last season. It doesn't mean they were the best, most powerful team in the NFL. Quite frankly, they were a 9-7 team that got hot at the perfect time. They had a lot of flaws, and they still do, especially with yet another injury plagued pre-season this year.

            Look at the schedule, look at the question marks across the roster, and then ask yourself, REALISITICALLY AND HONESTLY, if you'd pick the Giants to repeat. These guys aren't paid to be homers. GB and SF were much stronger teams last season, and even though the Giants beat them both in the playoffs, it doesn't mean the Giants were the overall stronger team. THAT DAY, they were, but the numbers dont lie. If you expect most analysts to automatically pick the Giants to win it all again, you're not being the least bit realistic.

            I definitely think we'll be in the mix. Right now, today, I dont see a repeat. On paper, there are too many question marks. Thats not disrespect, thats objectivity and reality.
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't know why people are constantly up in arms over other people's opinions. These are predictions -- guesses. You can't call them idiots and "bozos" for taking a stab at predicting how the upcoming season will play out.
              Last edited by Flip Empty; 09-01-2012, 10:00 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                How about they started getting healthy at the perfect time instead of hot.
                Engage brain before speaking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by speedman View Post
                  How about they started getting healthy at the perfect time instead of hot.
                  Whatever term you feel like using, go for it. It doesn't change a thing

                  They were a very up and down team all season until the playoffs started, and the guys who write these articles haven't forgotten that. I'm certainly not complaining about the outcome, but no one should expect a heck of a lot of confidence from the media just because of what happened last season. This team was far from dominating on either side of the ball.
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    love the disrespect...makes it even sweeter in the end....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                      How is this disrespect? Yes, the Giants won the SB last season. It doesn't mean they were the best, most powerful team in the NFL. Quite frankly, they were a 9-7 team that got hot at the perfect time. They had a lot of flaws, and they still do, especially with yet another injury plagued pre-season this year.

                      Look at the schedule, look at the question marks across the roster, and then ask yourself, REALISITICALLY AND HONESTLY, if you'd pick the Giants to repeat. These guys aren't paid to be homers. GB and SF were much stronger teams last season, and even though the Giants beat them both in the playoffs, it doesn't mean the Giants were the overall stronger team. THAT DAY, they were, but the numbers dont lie. If you expect most analysts to automatically pick the Giants to win it all again, you're not being the least bit realistic.

                      I definitely think we'll be in the mix. Right now, today, I dont see a repeat. On paper, there are too many question marks. Thats not disrespect, thats objectivity and reality.
                      I don't think everyone thinks they are going to repeat but a lot of the so called experts have us missing the playoffs that is disrespect and unfair the Giants are not as bad as you seem to think the fact of the matter is the Eagles were 8-8 last so were the Cowboys and Detriot had one more win then us,so how do some of them have us missing the playoff, do you think the Eagles are that much better then the Giants that they are going to make it to the NFCG?
                      sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just do not see how anyone can pick the cowboys or the eagles to win the NFC. Even if they manage to take the division from us, which is highly highly doubtful, they are somehow going to be able to beat the packers and the 49ers or some combination, or the saints or whoever they play?

                        Did you see how many hits Eli took in the 49ers game? At that point in the season Vic would absolutely crumble under that kind of physical game. The guy can't even make it through the pre-season anymore. He might not even survive game 4 with us. Romo is the best 4th quarter quarterback to lose 90% of the games decided in the forth quarter.

                        If anyone picks these teams its disrespect of what we have done. We shutdown and outscored all the best teams on our super bowl run. We are fielding essentially the same team...if not better.

                        Not picking us is disrespect. Sticking a fork in Strahan's neck is disrespect. I really hope we wallop these mofo's this year.
                        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                          GB and SF were much stronger teams last season,
                          Really, so they BOTH played their worst game twice last season, because they both barely beat us in the regular season.
                          Why didn't they blow us out during the season if they were so much stronger. Seems like you are just ignoring that we were
                          competitive with them even when our team was banged up.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Great! Let them forget about us until its too late. Bawahahaha
                            "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              I don't think everyone thinks they are going to repeat but a lot of the so called experts have us missing the playoffs that is disrespect and unfair the Giants are not as bad as you seem to think the fact of the matter is the Eagles were 8-8 last so were the Cowboys and Detriot had one more win then us,so how do some of them have us missing the playoff, do you think the Eagles are that much better then the Giants that they are going to make it to the NFCG?
                              I dont think the Giants will be a bad team this season. I just dont think they'll be as good as many of you guys are expecting. Right off the bat, the OL, on paper, got potentially worse. We have no idea how that unit is going to gel, and with no OL, you aren't doing much of anything on offense. The secondary is blown up all to hell with injuries, the DT spots are a concern because of injury/depth, there's a youth movement going on at LB, and some new blood in Rivers, which is also a question mark on paper.

                              I'm not being negative, and I'm not being overly positive. I look at this team, and we really have no idea if they've improved from last season or not. A TON of changes took place, and a lot of new blood is on the roster. Its not unreasonable to have concerns and to look at things without blue glasses on.

                              And I almost forgot. Did you take a gander at the schedule? Ugliest I've seen in years, on top of all of the question marks. Add it all up, and a lot of people aren't going to have high expectations for this team, especially the media types. I hope I'm wrong.
                              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X