Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bucs run D yielded 10 yards vs. Panthers, should Giants even bother running the ball?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    When you guys figure it out, I'll start my game plan. Until then, I am going to go select some more plays from Tecmo for my playbook. We're up 7 now.
    best football game ever made!!!!
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Giants will find is difficult to run on the Bucs, but Eli is much better than Cam, so Giants will be able to move the ball. I think it will be close if the Bucs can slow down the Giants passing game. The game may come down to a fieldgoal in the final moments.

Comment

Giants will find is difficult to run on the Bucs, but Eli is much better than Cam, so Giants will be able to move the ball. I think it will be close if the Bucs can slow down the Giants passing game. The game may come down to a fieldgoal in the final moments.
        If it's a field goal that wins it, my money is on Barth. How many* field goals has he made consecutively now?! Amazing.
        Last edited by Greg Schiano; 09-11-2012, 06:55 PM.
        Sincerely,
        Greg Schiano
        Head Coach, Tampa

Comment

So this will be a game that the giants rush for over 200 yards then, right?
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958
            So this will be a game that the giants rush for over 200 yards then, right?
            I'll give you 20 and .5 of a 3 Musketeers Bar for effort. That's as good as I'll go. Take it or leave it.
            Sincerely,
            Greg Schiano
            Head Coach, Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
              Ideally it would be nice to establish a running game of course, but if it doesn't work the first TWO series, I want to see the offense abandon the run game and just chuck it with Eli.

Anything inside 10 yard line, PASS on every down, I don't want to see god damn Bradshaw sneak one in running to the corner pylon only to lose 2 yards.

No more 1st and 2nd down running plays, I'm fed up with watching it never work.

But in reality I'm sure Gilbride will call more run plays to "surprise" the Bucs D, oh that would be hilarious, not. It'll probably end up like 6 points in the first half and losing to the Bucs 17 - Giants 12 on another failed late come-back attempt.
              so you want to see them abandon the run after two series if unseccessful......good call. You should put your resume' in for OC....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by funkybudda View Post
                with Bradshaw's terrible display from last week's cant even punched it in at the goal line, I bet the Bucs are laughing in the locker room right now about the week 2 game. Bucs will make Bradshaw suffer the same way as what they did to Deangelo Williams.
                yeah...how could Bradhshaw possibly have a good game after last week. Yeah Bucs are laughing.....
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime
                  so you want to see them abandon the run after two series if unseccessful......good call. You should put your resume' in for OC....
                  Ironically that is exactly what the Panthers did to us. Loved it.
                  Sincerely,
                  Greg Schiano
                  Head Coach, Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
                    I'm sure Gilbride will call his favorite draw play a dozen times to keep the opponent D honest.

With the Bucs game, basically it'll come down to Bucs passing game vs. Giants pass defense, whichever plays better will have the victory. As much as how bad our secondary has looked, I still like our chances, I don't think Bucs have that good of an offense, and if Giants defense actually shows up, they'll be lucky to score 10 points while our Elite Eli will have 2 pass TDs.

Bucs 13 - Giants 21
                    this makes more sense then yuor original post to start the thread....

Comment

bingo......................

Comment

we have to pass to set up the run. Keep passing until they unload the box, and THEN call a run play...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Yeah I like the idea of passing on 1st down to set up the 2nd down and short, that's far more manageable than 3rd and long by going run 1st and 2nd down with no yards gained. If the pass is incomplete on 1st down it's still the same as not getting any on 1st down run play which has less chance of gaining yardage.

I would think the play action would be more effective on 2nd and short than 1st and 10 like Gilbride does and resulting in a sack and a 15 yard loss.

But with our luck I'm sure Gilbride will call 1st and 2nd down run plays on the first series.
                          Last edited by SuperNYGiants; 09-11-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Oh wow please challenge Eli and dare him to throw the ball by stacking the box, just do it man, do it! Eli will torch you apart sir.

Comment

Lol I know there isn't some Yuc fan over here talking trash. Eli's not Cam Newton buddy... go head and put eight in the box and dare Eli to beat you. That's what we want you to do.

Comment

Why would any team bother to put eight in the box to stop our run as if it deserves that kind of respect?

Comment

Working...
                                X