Wow Dallas losses 27-7 to Seattle ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Actually, it was a perfect block. And also very legal! I am not sure what type of football you played as a kid, but that was in front and in the mid-section(Not headhunting or low). It was discussed today plenty of times and even Sean Lee states it was a very good block. Next time maybe he will look where he is running.
    So, planting your feet and thrusting your helmet upwards iwith force nto someones chin is hitting the "midsection"? And you really think that hit was LEGAL? Really?

You really can't be serious....wow....

You really take the cake man. It's obvious what kind of football YOU played sir, you must have been on the receiving end of LOTS of hits like this weren't you? That would explain a LOT about you! I hope you were wearing a helmet at least!

Comment

Originally posted by HoagieBastage View Post
      So, planting your feet and thrusting your helmet upwards iwith force nto someones chin is hitting the "midsection"? And you really think that hit was LEGAL? Really?

You really can't be serious....wow....

You really take the cake man. It's obvious what kind of football YOU played sir, you must have been on the receiving end of LOTS of hits like this weren't you? That would explain a LOT about you! I hope you were wearing a helmet at least!
      Actually it seems that you were on the receiving end since you are soo upset with it. Even Sean Lee isnt upset. And obviously it was legal as there were no flags and he didnt receive a fine. Not sure what you really want to do with this one.
      "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
        Actually it seems that you were on the receiving end since you are soo upset with it. Even Sean Lee isnt upset. And obviously it was legal as there were no flags and he didnt receive a fine. Not sure what you really want to do with this one.
        That was helmet to chin on a defenseless player. Only a blind person would call it otherwise. And you Gnats fans accuse us of being ghouls about what happened to Mike Irvin? And you cheer THIS kind of play? Whatever....

Comment

That was helmet to chin on a defenseless player. Only a blind person would call it otherwise. And you Gnats fans accuse us of being ghouls about what happened to Mike Irvin? And you cheer THIS kind of play? Whatever....
          I am sorry but he is not considered a defenseless player when he is trying to make a tackle! He connected with the midsection first and then his helmet slid up and hit him in the chin. No ill intention on his part at all! And yes, I do cheer that type of hard nosed football when there is no ill intent!

And BTW that hit doesn't fall under the definition of defenseless player or a crack back block.
          Last edited by FIFTY6G-MAN; 09-18-2012, 07:44 PM.
          "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Yeah but when we DO win it, we will have deserved to be there and deserved to take it! Our fans will hold their heads up with justified pride. You cannot argue the fact that NO one in the country or the league respects your lucky win. Sorry but them's the facts.
            Only fools who dismiss heart as "luck"... Who can't deal with their own teams' failures and lack of "luck" -- because "luck" is where preparation meets opportunity.

Fools count the team out, and then get embarassed and shown for the know-nothings they are. The same way they keep picking the Eagles and Cowboys year in and year out, only to be proven to be fools.

Seriously, the only reason these analysts pick the Eagles in the summer is because they've been riding the "sexy pick" thing for 12 years and they figure if they stick to it long enough, they'll be proven right eventually. Only it hasn't happened yet.
            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

We are you guys arguing with that immature child eagle fan? His posts read like an 8th grader
              MANNING TO CRUZ....

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                Only fools who dismiss heart as "luck"... Who can't deal with their own teams' failures and lack of "luck" -- because "luck" is where preparation meets opportunity.

Fools count the team out, and then get embarassed and shown for the know-nothings they are. The same way they keep picking the Eagles and Cowboys year in and year out, only to be proven to be fools.

Seriously, the only reason these analysts pick the Eagles in the summer is because they've been riding the "sexy pick" thing for 12 years and they figure if they stick to it long enough, they'll be proven right eventually. Only it hasn't happened yet.
                Well, I don't put much stock in pre-season prognostications and thats NOT whats at issue here. The issue is last year, your 9 and 7 team, which needed help to get into the playoffs, who also would have ended up in 3rd place in the division had they lost to the Cowboys in their last game because of a bad divisional record....this Gnats team who were completely outclassed by the Eagles in their last meeting, catch a SUPREMELY talented 49ers squad on an off day and beat them to go to the Superbowl and beat the mediocre Pats. Now, understand this, I am NOT saying that my Eagles should have been there either. They played horribly in the first half of the season and did not deserve to be ANYWHERE near the playoffs. But we were and most certainly ARE a more talented team than the Gnats. We demolished you in our last meeting and we will do so again. But here is the crux of the matter. You Gnats fans seem to think it's only Philly fans saying this. It isn't I promise you! The entire LEAGUE shares this opinion and it isn't because they hate you like rivals, it's a fair assessment.

I have been an Eagles fan since 1983 and am well aware of our heartbreaking history. I have suffered many years through bad coaches and talentless teams, I will NEVER blame our lack of Superbowls on bad luck. That said, I will NOT applaud a clearly lesser team for lucking INTO a championship either. Call it hating, jealousy, whatever. But if you have even a shred of integrity, you'll realize that the rest of the league has a sound reason to feel this way about your last two championships.

Comment

Originally posted by NJBLUE View Post
                  We are you guys arguing with that immature child eagle fan? His posts read like an 8th grader
                  If the 8th graders in your environs can communicate with the eloquence I exude, your 12th graders must truly be formidable elocutionists! I'll wait while you get a dictionary...

:-)

Comment

The issue is last year, your 9 and 7 team, which needed help to get into the playoffs, who also would have ended up in 3rd place in the division had they lost to the Cowboys in their last game because of a bad divisional record....this Gnats team who were completely outclassed by the Eagles in their last meeting, catch a SUPREMELY talented 49ers squad on an off day and beat them to go to the Superbowl and beat the mediocre Pats.
                    LOL, close the door, school's in session.

Your "talented" team went 8-8 last year. You have this false image in your head of your team.

You think the Giants are "mediocre" and the Eagles are "talented". Yet the "medicore" Giants had a better record last year, won the NFC East, and won the Super Bowl. I'll also remind you that during Coughlin's tenure, the Eagles' and Giants' records differ by only ONE game. They have both won the division 3 times and been to the playoffs 5 times. So if the Giants are mediocre, then so are the Eagles. Only the Giants have won 8 playoff games and two Super Bowls. NEWSFLASH - your team isn't as good or as talented or as well coached as you think it is, and the Giants aren't as "mediocre" as you think they are.

The Giants did not need "help" to get into the playoffs, they won the games they had to win and did not need some other team's help to get in. They controlled their own destiny, there was no scoreboard watching. Unlike the "talented" Eagles, who needed the Jets to win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. It was sweet to knock two vomit-green loudmouth teams out of the playoffs in one game.

The Giants were hardly outclassed by the Eagles in their last game, they dominated the Eagles early but didn't convert that into points, and then the game turned into a quagmire. By "luck" (see the Eagles do have some of that, just not when it matters) Vince Young (who is no longer even on your "talented" team) put together a game winning drive with time running out.

And as to "catching the 49ers on a rough day", give me a break. First I'll remind you in the first meeting in the regular season the Giants were close, having a comeback drive die on 4th and 2 inside the 49er 20 with time running out. Second, I'll remind you just how on-fire SF was especially the defense. Michael Vick bruised his ribs just watching that game. You know he wouldn't have lasted two series against that onslaught. See a game like that is what an NFC championship game is supposed to be like -- two heavyweight fighters going toe-to-toe. And it didn't come down to "luck" -- it came down to ball security, or more specifically the Giants valuing it and the 49ers not valuing it. Watch the game, our receivers drop and cover up in traffic, theirs got greedy and keep going for more yardage. That's what cost them the game.

Mediocre Pats team? The guys who have been to 5 Super Bowls and have a near-.900 winning percentage? The guys who beat your "talented" Eagles in SB XXXIX?

I have been an Eagles fan since 1983 and am well aware of our heartbreaking history. I have suffered many years through bad coaches and talentless teams, I will NEVER blame our lack of Superbowls on bad luck. That said, I will NOT applaud a clearly lesser team for lucking INTO a championship either. Call it hating, jealousy, whatever. But if you have even a shred of integrity, you'll realize that the rest of the league has a sound reason to feel this way about your last two championships.
                    Winning as a wildcard team -- winning 4 games on the way to each, all road games in 2007 -- is hardly "luck". You will say poking the ball out of Kyle Williams' hands is luck, but "luck" would be if he dropped it by himself, not what happened which is it was poked out by Jaquain Williams. Last season winning 6 must-win games in a row is hardly "luck". You say you look for heart in your Eagle teams, well there's heart right there for you, heart you never see out of the Eagles. Heart, character, rising to the challenge, all on display. What do they do when their backs are against the wall? Yeah, it would be great if they went 14-2 like the 1986 champ team, but ask the 15-1 2011 Packers how much that matters.

I've seen my team win it all at 14-2 and 13-3, and I've seen them win it all at 10-6 and 9-7. Your character is definitely tested more by doing it the hard way.

If you're really looking for heart and character, you should realize now 30 years later you picked the wrong team. We Giant fans have it in spades because this organization from the top down oozes character.

Had you chosen the Giants in 1983, think of what you could have witnessed -- LT in his prime, four Super Bowl wins, stopping a 49er 3-peat in 1990, the single-season sack record, knocking off an undefeated team in the Super Bowl, no playoff absences longer than 3 years. Instead you got the body bag game, cheering vicariously for Reggie White on the Packers, and blue balls. You chose poorly.
                    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 09-19-2012, 06:36 AM.
                    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

LOL, close the door, school's in session.Your "talented" team went 8-8 last year. You have this false image in your head of your team.You think the Giants are "mediocre" and the Eagles are "talented". Yet the "medicore" Giants had a better record last year, won the NFC East, and won the Super Bowl. I'll also remind you that during Coughlin's tenure, the Eagles' and Giants' records differ by only ONE game. They have both won the division 3 times and been to the playoffs 5 times. So if the Giants are mediocre, then so are the Eagles. Only the Giants have won 8 playoff games and two Super Bowls. NEWSFLASH - your team isn't as good or as talented or as well coached as you think it is, and the Giants aren't as "mediocre" as you think they are.The Giants did not need "help" to get into the playoffs, they won the games they had to win and did not need some other team's help to get in. They controlled their own destiny, there was no scoreboard watching. Unlike the "talented" Eagles, who needed the Jets to win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. It was sweet to knock two vomit-green loudmouth teams out of the playoffs in one game.The Giants were hardly outclassed by the Eagles in their last game, they dominated the Eagles early but didn't convert that into points, and then the game turned into a quagmire. By "luck" (see the Eagles do have some of that, just not when it matters) Vince Young (who is no longer even on your "talented" team) put together a game winning drive with time running out.And as to "catching the 49ers on a rough day", give me a break. First I'll remind you in the first meeting in the regular season the Giants were close, having a comeback drive die on 4th and 2 inside the 49er 20 with time running out. Second, I'll remind you just how on-fire SF was especially the defense. Michael Vick bruised his ribs just watching that game. You know he wouldn't have lasted two series against that onslaught. See a game like that is what an NFC championship game is supposed to be like -- two heavyweight fighters going toe-to-toe. And it didn't come down to "luck" -- it came down to ball security, or more specifically the Giants valuing it and the 49ers not valuing it. Watch the game, our receivers drop and cover up in traffic, theirs got greedy and keep going for more yardage. That's what cost them the game.Mediocre Pats team? The guys who have been to 5 Super Bowls and have a near-.900 winning percentage? The guys who beat your "talented" Eagles in SB XXXIX?Winning as a wildcard team -- winning 4 games on the way to each, all road games in 2007 -- is hardly "luck". You will say poking the ball out of Kyle Williams' hands is luck, but "luck" would be if he dropped it by himself, not what happened which is it was poked out by Jaquain Williams. Last season winning 6 must-win games in a row is hardly "luck". You say you look for heart in your Eagle teams, well there's heart right there for you, heart you never see out of the Eagles. Heart, character, rising to the challenge, all on display. What do they do when their backs are against the wall? Yeah, it would be great if they went 14-2 like the 1986 champ team, but ask the 15-1 2011 Packers how much that matters.I've seen my team win it all at 14-2 and 13-3, and I've seen them win it all at 10-6 and 9-7. Your character is definitely tested more by doing it the hard way.If you're really looking for heart and character, you should realize now 30 years later you picked the wrong team. We Giant fans have it in spades because this organization from the top down oozes character. Had you chosen the Giants in 1983, think of what you could have witnessed -- LT in his prime, four Super Bowl wins, stopping a 49er 3-peat in 1990, the single-season sack record, knocking off an undefeated team in the Super Bowl, no playoff absences longer than 3 years. Instead you got the body bag game, cheering vicariously for Reggie White on the Packers, and blue balls. You chose poorly.
                      All excellent points of which most I have made to this same eagle fan you are debating with.. However I have learned that there is no reasoning with this guy. No matter how many valid points you or any member of giants.com makes this guy just doesn't get it. He just comes back with we lucky
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

LOL, close the door, school's in session.

Your "talented" team went 8-8 last year. You have this false image in your head of your team.
                        Actually, I did mention this already so I don't understand WHY you think I have a false image of who the Eagles were last year.

You think the Giants are "mediocre" and the Eagles are "talented". Yet the "medicore" Giants had a better record last year, won the NFC East, and won the Super Bowl. I'll also remind you that during Coughlin's tenure, the Eagles' and Giants' records differ by only ONE game. They have both won the division 3 times and been to the playoffs 5 times. So if the Giants are mediocre, then so are the Eagles. Only the Giants have won 8 playoff games and two Super Bowls. NEWSFLASH - your team isn't as good or as talented or as well coached as you think it is, and the Giants aren't as "mediocre" as you think they are.

The Giants did not need "help" to get into the playoffs, they won the games they had to win and did not need some other team's help to get in. They controlled their own destiny, there was no scoreboard watching. Unlike the "talented" Eagles, who needed the Jets to win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. It was sweet to knock two vomit-green loudmouth teams out of the playoffs in one game.
                        Face facts, in the last decade plus, we have made the Gnats absolutely miserable. Don't believe me? Follow this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagles%...8Eagles_3-1.29

You see all those Philadelphia Eagles references from 2000 to 2009? Those are WINS against the GNATS. Thats an ENTIRE DECADE of DOMINANCE!

B-b-but WAIT! There's MORE!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagles%...8Eagles_3-1.29

Another couple of years of dominance stacked on!!! And you say we're equal? Smoke another on bro! We straight OWN the Gnats and no matter how rose tinted your glasses are, NOTHING is going to change that fact. Again, let me be absolutely clear about this. MY TEAM DID NOT DESERVE TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR! Your team didn't EITHER! They got lucky pure and simple. We ARE a better team than you, period. Here's a hypothetical question for you. If the Gnats had to play the Eagles in 2007 and 2011 IN the Superbowl, do you realistically think that the Gnats could actually beat those Eagles? I am going to guess that you're going to say yes based on your thinking that the Gnats were "dominating" the Eagles during our last game against each other. You know, the one where we monkey stomped Eli's face into the turf? Yeah. My team was not better than the Packers or the 49ers last year. Newsflash, niether was yours. Just luckier.

The Giants were hardly outclassed by the Eagles in their last game, they dominated the Eagles early but didn't convert that into points, and then the game turned into a quagmire. By "luck" (see the Eagles do have some of that, just not when it matters) Vince Young (who is no longer even on your "talented" team) put together a game winning drive with time running out.
                        Riiiight....

And as to "catching the 49ers on a rough day", give me a break. First I'll remind you in the first meeting in the regular season the Giants were close, having a comeback drive die on 4th and 2 inside the 49er 20 with time running out. Second, I'll remind you just how on-fire SF was especially the defense. Michael Vick bruised his ribs just watching that game. You know he wouldn't have lasted two series against that onslaught. See a game like that is what an NFC championship game is supposed to be like -- two heavyweight fighters going toe-to-toe. And it didn't come down to "luck" -- it came down to ball security, or more specifically the Giants valuing it and the 49ers not valuing it. Watch the game, our receivers drop and cover up in traffic, theirs got greedy and keep going for more yardage. That's what cost them the game.
                        During the regular season, the Eagles were up 20-3 on the 49ers at one point. After that game, a Niners player (I forget who) was quoted as saying, "It was like they suddenly just gave up on us and just gave it to us"! I can try to look it up but whatever. The point is, no matter what, the Eagles lost that game and they DESERVED to lose that game. The 49ers were a better squad last year. And they were and still are a better squad than the Gnats. Thats why they are still riding the Niners' jocks THIS year. No one is talking about or respecting the Gnats win. Its considered a fluke win. Sorry but thats how it is.

Mediocre Pats team? The guys who have been to 5 Super Bowls and have a near-.900 winning percentage? The guys who beat your "talented" Eagles in SB XXXIX?
                        Cause the AFC is just THAT bad. There are only a few teams in contention every year and they're one of em. And let's not forget how Mr. Bellicheat won some of those championships, including the one against us.

Winning as a wildcard team -- winning 4 games on the way to each, all road games in 2007 -- is hardly "luck". You will say poking the ball out of Kyle Williams' hands is luck, but "luck" would be if he dropped it by himself, not what happened which is it was poked out by Jaquain Williams. Last season winning 6 must-win games in a row is hardly "luck". You say you look for heart in your Eagle teams, well there's heart right there for you, heart you never see out of the Eagles. Heart, character, rising to the challenge, all on display. What do they do when their backs are against the wall? Yeah, it would be great if they went 14-2 like the 1986 champ team, but ask the 15-1 2011 Packers how much that matters.

I've seen my team win it all at 14-2 and 13-3, and I've seen them win it all at 10-6 and 9-7. Your character is definitely tested more by doing it the hard way.

If you're really looking for heart and character, you should realize now 30 years later you picked the wrong team. We Giant fans have it in spades because this organization from the top down oozes character.

Had you chosen the Giants in 1983, think of what you could have witnessed -- LT in his prime, four Super Bowl wins, stopping a 49er 3-peat in 1990, the single-season sack record, knocking off an undefeated team in the Super Bowl, no playoff absences longer than 3 years. Instead you got the body bag game, cheering vicariously for Reggie White on the Packers, and blue balls. You chose poorly.
                        I chose the right team. I chose a team that through heart and character have DOMINATED its division for quite a LONG time and will continue to do so. And there WILL be championships. And they will be all the sweeter because the Eagles will have earned the leagues respect. I would gladly wait another 50 years for the chance at winning a championship than have the league at large consider my team phony champs. In the meantime, I will just have to enjoy the regular beatings we dish out to your Gnats.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                          All excellent points of which most I have made to this same eagle fan you are debating with.. However I have learned that there is no reasoning with this guy. No matter how many valid points you or any member of giants.com makes this guy just doesn't get it. He just comes back with we lucky
                          You don't understand anyone's point if it doesn't say "GIANTS RULE"! I have made great points that you just stuck your fingers in your ears and yelled "LALALALALALALLALALALALALALLALALALA" to. That's not my fault if you don't WAN'T to understand!!!

Comment

Holy wall of text Batman!

Comment

I've been absolutely embarrassed to even show my face around here after that game.

Comment

Don't worry casvdry, you didn't play. Not your fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X