No announcement yet.

Panthers vs Giants: Pregame thoughts from Charlotte

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No rings in Carolina, Ryan, but we just got started. Big Blue has been around since Calvin Coolidge was President. I don't think your question points out anything close to a legit comparison. Carolina knocked you out of the playoffs once, thats good enough for now.

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
      Key to beating the Panthers is the running game. Look at Tampa. As much as the media wants to love huge on Cam, he isn't a pure passer and although he has one hell of an arm, he isn't a 4th quarter comeback kind of guy. Not yet at least. Key to this game...Giants need to find a way to finally start strong and make Carolina play from behind. Game over.
      I agree with all of this - but the game plan in Tampa was for Cam NOT to run. He will be running Thursday night, along with Stewart,Williams, and Tolbert. Your DBs will feel like theyre stuck in the mud, and terribly confused. THEN, we'll start airing it out. Im more worried about the Panthers Pass Defense than anything - and Manning can change a game in minutes, especially late. Cam cant do that (yet).
      Last edited by Kitty City; 09-18-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I now live in the Carolina area and watch the Panthers as well as the Giants.

Smith, Cam and Williams scare me the most.

The way I look at this is we play them the way we played the Eagles in 2010 and 2011 until that last game last year. The Eagles have Maclin, Jackson, Shady and Vick. We did pretty well with the exception of the game we dare not speak of. Similar style offense but with a different D and two WRs. The Saints aren't used to running QBs and we are for the most part with Vick and Romo all those years and even in that opener we didn't do a horrible time against Romo. Austin and Witten were pretty corralled. Bryant was the one who burned us and we were missing a key DB and run stopper and both are expected to play so no promises but that should help.

I expect a shootout and it coming down to it late in the 4th.

Ringing in the 2012 season!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty City View Post

All the points the Giants D have given up so far.. What is it... 58?
          Not that the Defense played incredibly well on Sunday, but just looking at points scored is a little short sited. 21 of those points were directly off interceptions- one TD on a pick-6, and TD drives started on the 28 and 13 yard line.

So yes, Eli could throw 3 INTs again and back the defense up, but I wouldn't count on that.

Comment

If we can keep in Gints O off the field while simultaneously wearing out the D and win the time of possession battle, 'd feel a lot better about our chances. If we get the 4 headed monster ground game established early, we can grind it out for a win.

Comment

We aren't looking past the Giants, but after all the points your Defense has given up against two offenses that don't come close to matching Carolina's offensive firepower, that becomes a very big "if". I'm a lot more worried about the Falcons, quite honestly. Eli, Cruz, and PT are great - but the Giants are probably the least feared Superbowl Champs in years.
              Lol my dude I don't know how to tell you this but you Los to the Bucs who are ok and you beat the saints who lost to the redskins who just lost to St. Louis. The Panthers are not in the same league as the Giants I hope you realize that... Because you talk about them like they are the second coming of the 07 patriots offense. Greg Olsen got ran out of town in Chicago and Steve smith is good but very old. Relax and worry about our weapons which are the best in the league

Comment

JPP will be Cam's bane. Mark my words.

Comment

Check out the stats in the tampa game- while
                  Our thin secondary struggled and gave up to many big plays please note the majority of scores were due to threeturnovers. They weren't able to run the ball much and the long td by Williams actually hit off tryons helmet before being caught- If the giants play clean there is no way their d struggles as much. By the way Stewart is a dnp today as is your right tackle and kalil was limited - three letters for you JPP- best end in game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jppallday View Post
                    Lol my dude I don't know how to tell you this but you Los to the Bucs who are ok and you beat the saints who lost to the redskins who just lost to St. Louis. The Panthers are not in the same league as the Giants I hope you realize that... Because you talk about them like they are the second coming of the 07 patriots offense. Greg Olsen got ran out of town in Chicago and Steve smith is good but very old. Relax and worry about our weapons which are the best in the league
                    You sound pretty confident, and while youre not wrong, I could say the same thing about the Giants getting manhandled by a Cowboys team who put up one lone TD against the Seattle Seahawks, who will be fighting all season long For 3rd place in the NFC West. The Panthers aren't World Beaters of course, but I dont think the Giants are, either - especially with a slew of significant injuries, plus a really short week. You'd do well not to underestimate the Panthers (at home). This is a must win for Carolina. Its gonna be a dogfight.

Comment

You sound pretty confident, and while youre not wrong, I could say the same thing about the Giants getting manhandled by a Cowboys team who put up one lone TD against the Seattle Seahawks, who will be fighting all season long For 3rd place in the NFC West. The Panthers aren't World Beaters of course, but I dont think the Giants are, either - especially with a slew of significant injuries, plus a really short week. You'd do well not to underestimate the Panthers (at home). This is a must win for Carolina. Its gonna be a dogfight.
                      Point taken. Let's just let the 2 squads fight it out. Words are just words

Comment

Point taken. Let's just let the 2 squads fight it out. Words are just words
                        AWWWW! Where's the fun in THAT???!!! BOOORRRIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoagieBastage View Post
                          AWWWW! Where's the fun in THAT???!!! BOOORRRIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!
                          Hahahahahaha the guy doesn't seem like a jerk! I only like arguing with and proving jerks wrong

Comment

Hahahahahaha the guy doesn't seem like a jerk! I only like arguing with and proving jerks wrong
                            You might have to wait a while, those Southerners are pretty polite! Say, I have an idea, I could pretend to like the Panthers and we could go at it?

:-D

Comment

Hahaha, Guys - I have to give credit where credit is due. Ive attended over 80 Panthers home games, and I have to say - as far as the NFC goes, Giants and Packers fans are the class of the Conference.. Very cool people, all-around. Philly, Dallas, Falcons, and Saints? Scumholes. Im actually looking forward to interacting with the Giants fans - pretty decent bunch of folks. That still doesnt mean I wont cheer till my voice gives out while we're stomping Big Blue's ***!

Comment

Hahaha, Guys - I have to give credit where credit is due. Ive attended over 80 Panthers home games, and I have to say - as far as the NFC goes, Giants and Packers fans are the class of the Conference.. Very cool people, all-around. Philly, Dallas, Falcons, and Saints? Scumholes. Im actually looking forward to interacting with the Giants fans - pretty decent bunch of folks. That still doesnt mean I wont cheer till my voice gives out while we're stomping Big Blue's ***!
                                LOL! Scumholes! THAT'S the spirit!!! Betcha you're REALLY gonna hate us scum hole Philly fans after your team gets their mudflaps re-arranged by the Eagles on an upcoming Monday night!!! I LOVE it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X