Were the refs right on the Greenbay Seattle Catch?.. Please Clarify

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoeddy View Post
    Does the person catching the ball need to get both feet on the ground for it to be ruled a catch or INT? If so, Tate had both hands grasping the ball and both feet on the ground first...
    Yes but this is not the issue of concern. The only issue of concern is who gained "control" of the football first. The completer act of catching the ball and obtaining control of the ball are two different things. Please see my response to EddieBlue above.

Comment

Originally posted by OX1 View Post
      That is what makes it muddy enough for me. Define "catch" and "control".
      Catch: the full act of catching the ball meaning from the moment you gain control (see below for definition) to when you get 2 feet in and go to the ground etc. THIS IS NOT AN INSTANTANEOUS MOMENT.

Gaining control IS an instantaneous moment in time. Control is gained the moment you have the ball in your hand or hands without it moving around or wiggling. Control can be gained on a weakly grasped one handed finger catch away from the body just as much as it can on a strong 2-handed near the body. There are no degrees of control. You cannot have "more control" than another player.

I hope this is helpful.

Comment

If the Giants get screwed like this I will laugh my butt off. I can see the Eagles beating you guys sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodgers12 View Post
          If the Giants get screwed like this I will laugh my butt off. I can see the Eagles beating you guys sunday night.
          What happened to Mr nice guy Packer fan? Seems like you're showing your true colors now.

Comment

Originally posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
            What happened to Mr nice guy Packer fan? Seems like you're showing your true colors now.
            I will be doing the Eagles chant loudly sunday night.

Comment

As always your kindness is just too much.

Comment

must suck to be you. Arron doublecheck rodgers getting manhandled ...losing first round of the playoffs to us last year...seahawks working yall ....glad you picked the eagles....BET BIG TOO!!

Comment

It's not like this hasn't happened to the Giants before...see Greg Jennings' "touchdown" last December...

Comment

We were screwed like this by the refs in our regular season GB game last year.......photographic evidence clearly showed Ballard's knee was in for a TD.

We are morphing into total powerhouse, so the Eagles are not a huge concern, to be honest. We'll be seeing you guys on 11/25 in the Meadowlands.
                    I do not think you will be laughing too much afterwards. We'll see.......you guys appear to have severe Oline problems

Comment

What happened in the 2011 playoffs.....did you guys "beat yourselves" LOL

Comment

I love seeing Giants fans cry over the refs against us last year. Too bad so sad.

Comment

I love seeing Giants fans cry over the refs against us last year. Too bad so sad.
                          It's funny cause I don't remember our players crying as much as the Packers are I think Aaron Rodgers is still crying.... he is such a baby man wawawawa sorry fans this and that he is just as much as a diva as Farve. Maybe he shouldn't have done the six shooters ****y loser they got what was coming to them....but hey you got your little butt buddies back so you'll probably get every call cause of lord Rodgers so you should be happy.
                          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

it could have gone either way...IMO, it's not a catch until the receivers ("O" or "D") feet hit the ground....

Comment

With Tate's leg blocking the view of his hands we will never know

All of the "Experts" who got the same blocked view we got, and the replay official got are shooting in the dark

The Official with the best view of who had hands on the ball made the call.....why he is so mistrusted is beyond me

It had the effect of ending the strike, and it also paid GB back for the blown calls in our game last Dec 11th........so lets move on

Comment

cmon Lambeau i thought you were alright.

now you are talking a ton of trash on us and sound pretty bitter. Are you really that obsessed with our team?

Comment

Working...
                                X