X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon something like this could work

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
      How about you just declare the little used "entertainment" forum the new "lounge" forum?

If you're not talking politics, religion or football....everything else would fall under the category of entertainment anyway, would it not?
      UGH!!!! Any chance I can get the "entertainment" forum deleted from the "new posts" selection.
      Came here to talk giants football.

Comment

We've pretty much already stated in the past that an off-topic forum is not gonna happen. The people in the front office don't want it, and at least a few of us Mods don't want it either. Look at this thread. You guys were going back and forth already, and the forum hasn't even been created. I understand that you think we need something like an off topic forum, but again, it's very likely not going to happen. Plenty of other forums you can go to to get financial/automotive/etc... questions answered.

I know thats not the answer you wanted to hear. Sorry. When the folks who pay the bills dont want something, consider it closed.
        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

eh....we'd rather blame the mods. The people that pay the bills don't respond.
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
            We've pretty much already stated in the past that an off-topic forum is not gonna happen. The people in the front office don't want it, and at least a few of us Mods don't want it either. Look at this thread. You guys were going back and forth already, and the forum hasn't even been created. I understand that you think we need something like an off topic forum, but again, it's very likely not going to happen. Plenty of other forums you can go to to get financial/automotive/etc... questions answered.

I know thats not the answer you wanted to hear. Sorry. When the folks who pay the bills dont want something, consider it closed.
            A sub-forum takes a hit on the wallet? Really? I'd love to know how that concept works.

Comment

Ok. So why don't we create a new Section and call it the "BS Topics" and put this discussion there because it is turning into BS discussion over a simple request. I think the Mods have plenty of other things to take care rather than get involved in this meaningless discussion.

Comment

I had no idea I would start a war with that simple request. I guess the GODS have spoken.
                "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
                  I had no idea I would start a war with that simple request. I guess the GODS have spoken.
                  You've been here long enough to know better. ANY subject can turn into this simply by disagreeing with someone else. People are very fond of their opinions.

A lot of times I justy play devil's advocate just to get a reaction.
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                    Ok. So why don't we create a new Section and call it the "BS Topics" and put this discussion there because it is turning into BS discussion over a simple request. I think the Mods have plenty of other things to take care rather than get involved in this meaningless discussion.
                    I

BS subforum really is meaningless? Okay.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                      You've been here long enough to know better. ANY subject can turn into this simply by disagreeing with someone else. People are very fond of their opinions.

A lot of times I justy play devil's advocate just to get a reaction.
                      Yeah I know. So, did you know that the sky is blue? LOL lets see where that one goes.

Comment

Yeah I know. So, did you know that the sky is blue? LOL lets see where that one goes.

Probably not, because humans created the word "blue" and they said that the sky is blue. Since humans are imperfect, it might not even be "blue"

Comment

This is what I'm talking about. No one is power tripping or walking around like "gods". If the people in the front office wanted to have such a forum, it would be here, but there is no reason to get all indignant and sarcastic because you heard something you didn't want to hear.

We have had this conversation with Nilay several times, and each time, we all agreed that such a forum is more trouble than it's worth. If you need proof, look at TAGF. You guys can't even talk about football without blowing up on each other for no reason. Why should we create a forum in which anything can be discussed? It would be a time bomb, and we're the ones who have to clean up the mess. Thats all I'm going to say about it.
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

This is what I'm talking about. No one is power tripping or walking around like "gods". If the people in the front office wanted to have such a forum, it would be here, but there is no reason to get all indignant and sarcastic because you heard something you didn't want to hear.

We have had this conversation with Nilay several times, and each time, we all agreed that such a forum is more trouble than it's worth. If you need proof, look at TAGF. You guys can't even talk about football without blowing up on each other for no reason. Why should we create a forum in which anything can be discussed? It would be a time bomb, and we're the ones who have to clean up the mess. Thats all I'm going to say about it.

Meow meow now.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                              Meow meow now.
                              Great strategy.

Comment

How many people in the front office even frequent these boards? I also wasnt being indignant. Yeah sarcastic, but definitely not indignant. And yes I do realize it it is now a dead horse.

Comment

Working...
                                X