The Official Packers Giants rivalry thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
    2-3 too deep of a hole? Wow, you have no faith left! You beat the Bears once already, have 2 left each against the Vikings and Lions. Anything can happen between now and week 17.
    i know? How is 2-3 to deep a hole? Even if they had lost to saints and were 1-4 now that would not even be to deep a hole to climb out of. It's early
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

The way were playing right now, this team will be lucky to go 8-8. There is no way they beat Houston Sunday night. The game is down there and the Texans fans will be pumped up and so will Houston after struggling with the Jets. They see a 2-3 team coming in with no confidence in the world after losing to the Colts.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        yes I agree that starting slow and getting hot at right time is the way to go. Look how 18-0 worked out for the Pats and 15-1 worked out for GB. However I think you meant 6-6 and win last 4, right?
        I think 9-7 could win the divison again. May be tougher though since we are 0-2 in the East already. So a tie may go to the runners, Vick / Romo. I wouldnt be shocked if 9-7 wins the divison again though. 10-6 I think is a safe bet.
        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Never thought we would beat Houston in Houston! Huge statement win. As much as I hate to say it great statement win for the Giants as well. We have the Rams next week in St. Louis. That will be a tough one and I look at it as a must win to keep pace with the Giants, Niners and Falcons. Both teams look like they will be there in the end again. Giants play washington where next week?
          Last edited by Rodgers12; 10-15-2012, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Another thing is how the heck are the Falcons 6-0. They have to be the most overrated 6-0 team ever.

Comment

Falcons have one of the easiest schedules is the reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodgers12 View Post
                Another thing is how the heck are the Falcons 6-0. They have to be the most overrated 6-0 team ever.
                Crappy defenses with last minute wins. They should have lost to Carolina and possibly Oakland today.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

the Pack and GMEN once again own the NFC ... sure da' Bears are still yet to be exposed, but Niners, Vikings, Eagles, etc. ... all exposed
                  Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Never thought we would beat Houston in Houston! Huge statement win. As much as I hate to say it great statement win for the Giants as well. We have the Rams next week in St. Louis. That will be a tough one and I look at it as a must win to keep pace with the Giants, Niners and Falcons. Both teams look like they will be there in the end again. Giants play washington where next week?
                    I was happy to see GB smack Houston around, those guys think they have climbed the ladder a little too quickly and they have no sense of perspective. Glad to see someone restore some order on them.

Atlanta needs a little of that medicine too.
                    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-15-2012, 06:38 AM.
                    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

So people on here were saying that it was not a big deal that GB was 2-3 and would be Back and you were already cashing in your chips on the season. I told you its a long season and it wouldnt matter this early and GB has the tools to bounce back. see some of my posts above. Thats why we here on this board dont get all bent out of shape with a bad reg season loss to good teams. I mean what would you have done had the packers started 6-2 last season and then lost 5/6 in bad fashion. Prob on suicide watch. lol
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

Oh and after that 6 TD performance by Rodgers I knew it was a matter of time for you to be back on here. didnt take long.. lol.. We love it because now the media will be falling all over themselves this week heaping praise on him again. Eli will get pushed to the background like always. JUST THE WAY WE LIKE IT

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Let Rodgers, Brady, Brees and the rest pile up regular season numbers...lol.. means nothing. Do you realize that Eli had a long long streak going of games over 200 yards and all he need yesterday in 4th quarter was 7 yards to reach 200 but the giants refused to throw the ball and just kept grinding it out with the running game just to wind down the clock and get the win. WHY? cause they dont care about those type things, personal stats and such. we care about Titles

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

I was saying the same thing to my brother-in-law yesterday. I wont be a believer in the Falcons until they win a meaningful game in January. Who knows maybe the dirty birds finish 13-3. But how did that work out for the Falcons last time they were 13-3?

By the way, told you not to give up on your Packers. I did not watch much of the game, but from what I read and saw on highlights, they were clicking on offense. I don't know how much the Texans defense missed Cushing, but Im sure that was a factor. But Schaub threw 2 picks and their offense was not as crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
                              Crappy defenses with last minute wins. They should have lost to Carolina and possibly Oakland today.
                              agreed. I see some weaknesses in the Falcons. One of which is their O-line in protecting Ryan. They still have to play the Saints, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles yet. Lets see how they fare with those teams.

Comment

There is no rivalry.

Comment

Working...
                                X