No announcement yet.

The Official Packers Giants rivalry thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope we can get hot at the end of the year like two years ago and Atlanta is in for another beatdown. Same with the Bears. Still we have a long season left.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
      I was saying the same thing to my brother-in-law yesterday. I wont be a believer in the Falcons until they win a meaningful game in January. Who knows maybe the dirty birds finish 13-3. But how did that work out for the Falcons last time they were 13-3?

By the way, told you not to give up on your Packers. I did not watch much of the game, but from what I read and saw on highlights, they were clicking on offense. I don't know how much the Texans defense missed Cushing, but Im sure that was a factor. But Schaub threw 2 picks and their offense was not as crisp.
      the Falcons were the number 1 seed that season, correct? and they lost if i am not mistaken to the 7-9 Seahawks??? not sure
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        the Falcons were the number 1 seed that season, correct? and they lost if i am not mistaken to the 7-9 Seahawks??? not sure
        nope just checked it. they lost to the upstart WC GB Packers after they had their bye for getting the number one see and got trounced 48-21 lol...

So 48-21 and 24-2 in their two recent playoff games. thats being outscored 72-23...lol. Thats what you call getting it done when the chips are down...
        Oh and 2 of those points were scored by the Defense
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

If we play like we did last night it will come down to us and the Bears for the North title. Yeah we stomped Atlanta in the playoffs two years ago. Hope we play them again in Lambeau south or I mean the Georgia dome. We match up well with them.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
            Falcons have one of the easiest schedules is the reason why.
            They really do!

Us & the Lions in Dec are their toughest teams of the yr!

They'll probably finish 13-3 & have HFA & then we'll go in there & blow em out! Can't wait to go to their house in Dec & give em another beatdown like we did last yr in the WC game.

Very unimpressive 6-0 record to say the least.

Comment

This summer I rewatched the Packers 48-21 beatdown of Atlanta in the Divisional playoff game two years ago. Best game Rodgers ever played. They had no idea to stop him. We had lost to them earlier in the regular season that year 20-17 on a game winning field goal at the buzzer. It felt great beating them in their backyard. That propelled us to the super bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodgers12 View Post
                This summer I rewatched the Packers 48-21 beatdown of Atlanta in the Divisional playoff game two years ago. Best game Rodgers ever played. They had no idea to stop him. We had lost to them earlier in the regular season that year 20-17 on a game winning field goal at the buzzer. It felt great beating them in their backyard. That propelled us to the super bowl.
                i loved every second of it. I live down in the South. Mostly Saints fans but a lot of falcons fans as well. I have to constantly here how much better roddy and Julio are then nicks and Cruz, lol by some friends and family. I get a text and a FB Post Every week from a cousin. This past weeks was "Falcons 6-0 BABY!!! Enough Said!!!". This after they were outplayed all day by the Raiders. I swear if you don't play those fools and crush them I hope we do. It was sweet last year! Right up to and into start of game they were relentless on how they were going to coming into our house and own us. Lol. Talk about eating some humble pie. 24-2. Haha.. But this yrs different they say.. Yea I tell em it's different in the sense that this year you get beat 40-2, lol

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

Falcons will choke once playoff time is here. Mark it down!

Comment

Falcons will choke once playoff time is here. Mark it down!
                    prolly will, not too worried bout them
                    Last edited by bigblue2088; 10-16-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I worry about playing you guys. You guys are a major threat to us. We own the Falcons and the 49ers for the most part until the season opener we lost to them. We will beat them in a rematch though. The Giants own us though. Seattle also has a tough defense that matches up well with both NYG and GB.

Comment

I worry about playing you guys. You guys are a major threat to us. We own the Falcons and the 49ers for the most part until the season opener we lost to them. We will beat them in a rematch though. The Giants own us though. Seattle also has a tough defense that matches up well with both NYG and GB.
                        we own you when it matters the most. there isn't much seperating us so whoever wants it more will win our week 12 matchup

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue2088 View Post
                          we own you when it matters the most. there isn't much seperating us so whoever wants it more will win our week 12 matchup
                          It would be great to win that but we need to win when you play again in the playoffs. Although I think avoiding playing you guys in the playoffs would benefit us in a huge way. That is if we can get to the postseason.

Comment

It would be great to win that but we need to win when you play again in the playoffs. Although I think avoiding playing you guys in the playoffs would benefit us in a huge way. That is if we can get to the postseason.
                            hahah of course getting there's the priority

Comment

I hope we can. I would love for Rodgers to get his 2nd ring. Still a long way to go though. He needs to tie Eli. Notice how teams peak the year after they win the super bowl. It happened to you guys in 2008 and us last year. Both teams lost in the first playoff game.
                              Last edited by Rodgers12; 10-16-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I hope we can. I would love for Rodgers to get his 2nd ring. Still a long way to go though. He needs to tie Eli. Notice how teams peak the year after they win the super bowl. It happened to you guys in 2008 and us last year. Both teams lost in the first playoff game.
                                Getting to the playoffs in this league can be a pain in the arse. Hopefully both our teams can make it. Nothing in this league is a gimme.

Comment

Working...
                                X