49ers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    Just looking at the niner D and the way that offense is scoring points on and the game being in SF on paper it looks like an easy blowout win for SF. however you cant go by that because who would have ever expected the Vikings to beat you 24-13 in that dominating fashion???

Any Niner Fans predicting a blow out are just blowing hot air. This will be a good game. Niners match up bettter and should win for many reasons, but this will be no blow out, and the Giants can easily win.
    "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

CDN_G-FAN
    All-Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by 94niners View Post
      The Giants are the Super Bowl Champions. They are a great, well balanced team, and they earned their ring. No question. But you've got to be delusional if you don't think that Kyle Williams was the Giants MVP in the NFC Championship game.

H
      ell, moments before the first of those plays, Giants fans on this board were lamenting about how the 49ers were flat out better, etc, etc, and then suddenly Williams drops a late game changing Christmas present... twice.
      The 2nd fumble was a strip, it's not like he just simply dropped it for an easy recovery - also your D was spectacular, however as I've said in another thread, they could have helped Williams out after the first fumble by not giving up a TD on 3rd and 15 w/the ball at your 20. It wasn't like it the Giants got the ball right at the goal line, it took a great play by Manning and Manningham to get that TD,otherwise they have a FG attempt and probably lose. Lastly, you guys act like the Giants played an immaculate, perfect game - remember that long TD pass from Smith to Davis for the 7-0 lead? He ran totally unchecked down the sidelines for a relatively easy pitch and catch opportunity, and resulted in a TD, and he was your only receiving threat! How do you let that happen? Should have been double covered to begin with. Even the 2nd TD to Davis had questionable coverage...See both teams had let downs, the Niners just had a few more...that's how most games in all of sports are decided...who screws up less.
      Last edited by GiantGremlin; 10-09-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SF49erfan View Post
        They already have 5
        In 1994, Google didn't exist, nobody knew who Monica Lewinsky was, people still used dial-up modems, AOL was the most popular ISP, gas was $1.09, OJ Simpson hadn't murdered his wife yet, satellite TV didn't exist, HDTV didn't exist, DVDs didn't exist, Java and Netscape Navigator were just released, Kurt Cobain killed himself, Forrest Gump was the #1 movie... 20 years ago dude
        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
          In 1994, Google didn't exist, nobody knew who Monica Lewinsky was, people still used dial-up modems, AOL was the most popular ISP, gas was $1.09, OJ Simpson hadn't murdered his wife yet, satellite TV didn't exist, HDTV didn't exist, DVDs didn't exist, Java and Netscape Navigator were just released, Kurt Cobain killed himself, Forrest Gump was the #1 movie... 20 years ago dude
          Wow, awesome research! Bet that took a lot of thought.
          "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

CDN_G-FAN
          All-Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by KyleWilliams
            But if you want to talk Championships then fine. Enjoy your 4 Super Bowl Championships. I remember when the 49ers only had 4 of them.
            Funny our first SB was our 5th championship. See my sig.

You guys had an incredible 80s and got sloppy seconds in the 90s. The Giants have been playing in championship games in 9 of their 10 decades and have won 8 of them.

I guess you guys need to be reminded your team dates back to 1946 and the failed AAFC and aside from the 80s and part of the 90s were the definition of garbage. Most of your fans probably don't even know that.

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• Originally posted by Mbeach49er View Post
              Wow, awesome research! Bet that took a lot of thought.
              Actually you're a year more out of date than the Cowboys so it was all right at hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by SF49erfan View Post
                Maybe they will meet in the playoffs and then I will say it would be a close game. This is one of those games you turn off after three quarters to watch the Yankees.
                I seem to remember the last regular season game was a 4th and 2 inside the 20 away from being tied with time running out. In two tries last year (at home, no less) you didn't exactly blow us away.
                Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-09-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                  Al I gotta say is...we ain't the Jets or Bills! Blowouts over 2 teams with bad QBs is not a shock.
                  So I guess we will go for a 3 peat of teams with bad QBs.

Comment

You guys had an incredible 80s and got sloppy seconds in the 90s. The Giants have been playing in championship games in 9 of their 10 decades and have won 8 of them.

I guess you guys need to be reminded your team dates back to 1946 and the failed AAFC and aside from the 80s and part of the 90s were the definition of garbage. Most of your fans probably don't even know that.
                    Your arguement fails, when you are old as dirt you tend to be somewhere at least once. Dont hate cause the 9ers have been doing it as a "younger" team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorado49er View Post
                      Your arguement fails, when you are old as dirt you tend to be somewhere at least once. Dont hate cause the 9ers have been doing it as a "younger" team.
                      Way to miss the point -- that for most of their history they have been utterly pathetic. In the distant past and recent past too.

You guys think you have some great legacy, and for one of your 8 decades you do.
                      Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-09-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but you know what the Niners took out the Cowboys several times during their SB runs, I'll take that any day of the week.

Comment

• I may be in the minority, but I only count SB championships. Back in the 20s there were like 12 teams & the 2 teams with the 2 best records played each other to determine who is the best. That could be a 7-4 team vs an 8-3 team. Both our teams have been to 5 SBs , with the 9ers being a perfect 5-0 & us being a steller 4-1.

Most 9ers fans in their 20s & younger are too young to remember their last SB win in 95, while us Giants fans are fortunate to have witnessed our team win 2 SBs these last 5yrs.

The 9ers were the team of the 80s & that is really their only dominant decade in their history.They were really good in the 90s & won it all in 95' , but the Cowboys stood in your way & proved to be the team of the 90s. I truly believe that if we can win another SB this yr or next, that we would be labeled the team of this decade.

Also, the Cowboys took you guys out of more NFCCGs in the 90s. You won your only NFCCG match with them in 81. In 95 you did stop them from 3 peating, but they did stop you from going to the SBs in 93-94. And of course we stopped you guys from 3peating in 90!

You guys had an incredible 17yr run from 1981 to 1998, where you guys had 2 HOF QBs in Montana/Young lead you to 5 SB titles & 10 NFCCG apps!

I may be wrong, cuz I'm going from memory, but your 5 NFCCG losses where to the Skins,Us, GB & Dallas 2x.

Comment

I may be in the minority, but I only count SB championships. Back in the 20s there were like 12 teams & the 2 teams with the 2 best records played each other to determine who is the best. That could be a 7-4 team vs an 8-3 team. Both our teams have been to 5 SBs , with the 9ers being a perfect 5-0 & us being a steller 4-1.

Most 9ers fans in their 20s & younger are too young to remember their last SB win in 95, while us Giants fans are fortunate to have witnessed our team win 2 SBs these last 5yrs.

The 9ers were the team of the 80s & that is really their only dominant decade in their history.They were really good in the 90s & won it all in 95' , but the Cowboys stood in your way & proved to be the team of the 90s. I truly believe that if we can win another SB this yr or next, that we would be labeled the team of this decade.

Also, the Cowboys took you guys out of more NFCCGs in the 90s. You won your only NFCCG match with them in 81. In 95 you did stop them from 3 peating, but they did stop you from going to the SBs in 93-94. And of course we stopped you guys from 3peating in 90!

You guys had an incredible 17yr run from 1981 to 1998, where you guys had 2 HOF QBs in Montana/Young lead you to 5 SB titles & 10 NFCCG apps!

I may be wrong, cuz I'm going from memory, but your 5 NFCCG losses where to the Skins,Us, GB & Dallas 2x.
                            Seems about right, no need to fact check lol. You know the only reason we are here is because this is probably the toughest game of the year for us. The r***ing is all in good fun (too bad some cant take it). It is fun to see the G-Men and the 9ers back at the top again. All I can say is keep smacking the crap out of the aints and cowgirls and this NFC could look beautiful just like it did so many years ago.

Comment

I may be in the minority, but I only count SB championships. Back in the 20s there were like 12 teams & the 2 teams with the 2 best records played each other to determine who is the best. That could be a 7-4 team vs an 8-3 team. Both our teams have been to 5 SBs , with the 9ers being a perfect 5-0 & us being a steller 4-1.Most 9ers fans in their 20s & younger are too young to remember their last SB win in 95, while us Giants fans are fortunate to have witnessed our team win 2 SBs these last 5yrs. The 9ers were the team of the 80s & that is really their only dominant decade in their history.They were really good in the 90s & won it all in 95' , but the Cowboys stood in your way & proved to be the team of the 90s. I truly believe that if we can win another SB this yr or next, that we would be labeled the team of this decade.Also, the Cowboys took you guys out of more NFCCGs in the 90s. You won your only NFCCG match with them in 81. In 95 you did stop them from 3 peating, but they did stop you from going to the SBs in 93-94. And of course we stopped you guys from 3peating in 90!You guys had an incredible 17yr run from 1981 to 1998, where you guys had 2 HOF QBs in Montana/Young lead you to 5 SB titles & 10 NFCCG apps!I may be wrong, cuz I'm going from memory, but your 5 NFCCG losses where to the Skins,Us, GB & Dallas 2x.
                              Hate to tell you but your g-men SB run is over. Your g-men got the niners last year but that won't happen this year.

Comment

• Unfortunately, we haven't smacked the crap outta NO in quite some time. They have ripped us a new one the last 2 times we've played them. We've had more success vs Dallas these past 4-5 yrs. The Eagles for some unGodly reason seem to own us. Hopefully we can pay back NO when we play them later this yr & this time it will be at our house!

I fondly remember the great Giants-9ers battles of the 80s & 90s. We'd take turns beating each other in the regular season meetings & then in the playoffs we'd take turns beating each other as well. The 2 most memorable for me being the 86' divisional rd where Jim Burt laid the wood on Montana & KOed him early in the game & we won going away 49-3 & then the great NFCCG battle where we again KOed Montana with the brutal Leonard Marshall hit! We stopped you guys from 3peating! You guys paid us back dearly in the 93' div rd 44-3 & that painful 02' WC game were we blew a 31-10 lead I believe & then the refs blew a PI call on our tackle eligible downfield that woulda given us a 1st & goal. on the botched FG attempt that would have won the game for us & we ended up losing 39-38! That hurt even worse than the 44-3 blowout.

Then of course last yr's NFCCG titanic brawl in the mud/rain was another classic battle between our 2 teams. You know that except for 85' & 93' & 02', the winner of our playoff meetings has gone on to win the SB. you guys in 81;84, Us in 86', 90' & last yr.

8 playoff meetings between the G-men & 9ers, we've won 4, you've won 4. Since 1981, I believe we've met in the playoffs more than any other 2 teams

Comment

Working...
                                X