No announcement yet.

49ers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope no one is taking any of this personally. The past is the past, time to move forward. Come game day at 4:25 PM October 14, 2012, that's when the real thing begins. May the best team or better prepared team win. It's only Tuesday lol.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 10-09-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by calininer4life View Post
      Hate to tell you but your g-men SB run is over. Your g-men got the niners last year but that won't happen this year.
      Yeah it ended earlier this year, Sunday, February 6, 2011 with a WIN to be exact.
      "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon View Post
        Unfortunately, we haven't smacked the crap outta NO in quite some time. They have ripped us a new one the last 2 times we've played them. We've had more success vs Dallas these past 4-5 yrs. The Eagles for some unGodly reason seem to own us. Hopefully we can pay back NO when we play them later this yr & this time it will be at our house! I fondly remember the great Giants-9ers battles of the 80s & 90s. We'd take turns beating each other in the regular season meetings & then in the playoffs we'd take turns beating each other as well. The 2 most memorable for me being the 86' divisional rd where Jim Burt laid the wood on Montana & KOed him early in the game & we won going away 49-3 & then the great NFCCG battle where we again KOed Montana with the brutal Leonard Marshall hit! We stopped you guys from 3peating! You guys paid us back dearly in the 93' div rd 44-3 & that painful 02' WC game were we blew a 31-10 lead I believe & then the refs blew a PI call on our tackle eligible downfield that woulda given us a 1st & goal. on the botched FG attempt that would have won the game for us & we ended up losing 39-38! That hurt even worse than the 44-3 blowout.Then of course last yr's NFCCG titanic brawl in the mud/rain was another classic battle between our 2 teams. You know that except for 85' & 93' & 02', the winner of our playoff meetings has gone on to win the SB. you guys in 81;84, Us in 86', 90' & last yr.8 playoff meetings between the G-men & 9ers, we've won 4, you've won 4. Since 1981, I believe we've met in the playoffs more than any other 2 teams
        It's a great historical rivalry, no doubt about it. Win or lose for both teams, I think both teams have the talent to get to the playoffs. My prediction is this won't be the last time we see each other this season.Giedi

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon View Post
          I may be in the minority, but I only count SB championships. Back in the 20s there were like 12 teams & the 2 teams with the 2 best records played each other to determine who is the best. That could be a 7-4 team vs an 8-3 team. Both our teams have been to 5 SBs , with the 9ers being a perfect 5-0 & us being a steller 4-1.
          In 1925, the Giants' first year, there were 20 teams in the NFL. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925_NFL_season).

From 1920-1932, the team with the best record won the title by standing. From 1933-1966, the two best teams in each division played in the championship game.

But that was also how it was played in baseball 1903-1968. So do those World Series no longer count as well?

The 49ers have been around since 1946, so don't cut them any Superbowl era slack.
          Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-10-2012, 12:37 PM.
          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• They were great back in 1994..........the year he Cell phone was invented LOL

Comment

• I respect the g-mens' history but we got 5 of those. Please save that "we got 8 championships" noise. When they convert those other "championships" into SB wins I will respect that argument but until then SBs' are the standard. Speaking of SB wins, it only took us 40 years to do what it took your g-men a little over 60 years. It also took one decade to get it not spread over the four decades. I'm a 80's baby, I could less about the 70's and back. It maybe apart of niners history but it ain't my history. My history of the niners is we're one of the big dogs(outside the 10 years before last) & your g-men have may have been the 4th or 5th best team. To this day we still got one more than you. I'm think my niners can catch up in total "championships" before your g-men catch the niners with lombardi(I think) trophies. History is being written as we speak. At the end of the year we'll find out if your g-men will catch up to the niners with SB wins or the niners go up two again, then three & so on. Go niners!

Comment

• Vikings 4-1 yet they're considered mediocre? For the record, the two crap teams we beat have at least 2 wins...Unlike the three crap teams you beat..2-12? WHOOOOA! Look out for the Giants! They BAAARELY beat the 1-4 Bucs and had to come from behind AT HOME to beat the Browns...WHOOA!

Comment

• Originally posted by calininer4life View Post
                  I respect the g-mens' history but we got 5 of those. Please save that "we got 8 championships" noise. When they convert those other "championships" into SB wins I will respect that argument but until then SBs' are the standard.
                  Horse****. The teams played and won a championship.

Or if rule changes invalidate past championships, what about teams that won SBs during a 14 game season? Fewer rounds of playoffs? Pre-free agency? Before there were 32 teams?

We don't play this dumb game in any other sport. Which World Series don't count because of the DH rule or no wildcard until 1994? Which Stanley Cups don't count because of the icing rule? Which NBA titles don't count because of the 24 second shot clock or ABA merger?

SF didn't win anything 1946-1967 but they sure played.

Originally posted by calininer4life View Post
                  Speaking of SB wins, it only took us 40 years to do what it took your g-men a little over 60 years. It also took one decade to get it not spread over the four decades. I'm a 80's baby, I could less about the 70's and back. It maybe apart of niners history but it ain't my history. My history of the niners is we're one of the big dogs(outside the 10 years before last) & your g-men have may have been the 4th or 5th best team. To this day we still got one more than you. I'm think my niners can catch up in total "championships" before your g-men catch the niners with lombardi(I think) trophies. History is being written as we speak. At the end of the year we'll find out if your g-men will catch up to the niners with SB wins or the niners go up two again, then three & so on. Go niners!
                  Our history: competitive 9 out of 10 decades
                  Your history: competitive 1.5 out of 8 decades

See, when I look at the 49ers I see a top notch organization under Bill Walsh and an incredible decade... And pretty much failure and obscurity the rest of the time. All your success came in one small burst and it was over a generation ago. Look at the ownership debacle you guys endured during the last decade and there's the instability I'm thinking of. And really you guys are delusional if you think you're going to pile up 4 more championships in 9 years, that never happens twice.

Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-10-2012, 06:02 PM.

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                    Horse****. The teams played and won a championship.

Or if rule changes invalidate past championships, what about teams that won SBs during a 14 game season? Fewer rounds of playoffs? Pre-free agency? Before there were 32 teams?

We don't play this dumb game in any other sport. Which World Series don't count because of the DH rule or no wildcard until 1994? Which Stanley Cups don't count because of the icing rule? Which NBA titles don't count because of the 24 second shot clock or ABA merger?

SF didn't win anything 1946-1967 but they sure played.

Our history: competitive 9 out of 10 decades
                    Your history: competitive 1.5 out of 8 decades

The Giants had their 5th championship in 1986 when you were still on #2.
                    Minus the 1990 Super Bowl, the Giants sucked for the entire decade. The 49ers had some decent teams in the 70s, they owned the 80s..I don't know where you get your 1.5 decades? Have you forgotten about the 90s 49ers?

49ers first season was in the late 40s...Lets count...half of 40s..50s..60s..70..80..90..00..that's 6 1/2 decades they played in the NFL not eight..
                    Last edited by SF49erfan; 10-10-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SF49erfan View Post
                      Minus the 1990 Super Bowl, the Giants sucked for the entire decade.
                      Made the playoffs in 1993, 1997, and a Super Bowl in 2000.

Originally posted by SF49erfan View Post
                      that's 6 1/2 decades they played in the NFL not eight..
                      60's, 70's, 80's, et al.

Comment

Made the playoffs in 1993, 1997, and a Super Bowl in 2000.

60's, 70's, 80's, et al.
                        Since when is 2000 part of the 90s decade?

Comment

• Originally posted by SF49erfan View Post
                          Since when is 2000 part of the 90s decade?
                          Close enough, you said they sucked the entire decade and obviously they didn't. And since you want to exclude 1990 let's make it an even 10 years.

Anyway, I came off like I'm disrespecting the 49ers, I don't, just making smack.

Comment

Close enough, you said they sucked the entire decade and obviously they didn't. And since you want to exclude 1990 let's make it an even 10 years.

Anyway, I came off like I'm disrespecting the 49ers, I don't, just making smack.
                            I made a mistake. I meant to say the Giants sucked for most of the 90s...

Comment

Close enough, you said they sucked the entire decade and obviously they didn't. And since you want to exclude 1990 let's make it an even 10 years.Anyway, I came off like I'm disrespecting the 49ers, I don't, just making smack.
                              "I came off like I'm disrespecting the 49ers", ya you did. You were $h!tting kinda hard.

Comment

• lol Niner fans running deep in the smack section. I'm assuming most of you guys are from the Niners webzone site? As you can see, this is the official message board of the Giants so what I wanna know is why in the world is the official forum of your team so afraid of allowing opposing fans?

Comment

Working...
                                X