Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49er fan here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    lmao. and your not gloating? just simply stating facts? good one.
    I'm sorry if the numbers are offensive to you.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by ny06 View Post
      How cute he brought stats to the conversation.
      Stats are meaningless, it's who executes and makes the least amount of mistakes who wins.
      I agree. State are a guide line though as to how teams are playing are they not?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by 9ernation94 View Post
        Currently T-1st in NFC in TDs (17) and T-2nd in NFL in TDs (Behind Patriots)
        Currently 4th in the NFL for points scored (149)
        Lol, the Giants outrank the 49ers in every major offensive category except rushing (but still the Giants average 120/game & 4.8 per carry with Bradshaw-who missed one game-and 3 guys behind him who are pretty much rookies, not bad). They have one TD more than the Giants but the Giants have way more FG's than the 49ers which puts the Giants ahead of SF in Points per game scored.
        Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by GiantGremlin View Post
          You don't need to give the full analysis on your team - we know you're plenty good, and will be very tough to beat given the circumstances, however I'm more concerned with the Giants beating Wash & Dallas in the 2 consec weeks following the game against you guys than beating you on Sunday...You guys winning, whether it's by 1 pt or 50 pts would be a very small consolation for the playoff loss last year & other than playoff tie-breaking implications down the road for the Giants - just doesn't mean a whole lot in week 6.
          I agree. I would trade a loss to the niners for DAL and WAS wins any day.

          Somehow I don;t think niners fans feel the same way about this game....

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            There is nothing wrong with having a good game manager, particularly when you are building the Ravens of the west. Extremely strong stout defense, very good running game. You don't need a great QB.

            Both teams got to the SB with that formula in 2000. Then one team's game manager realized he'd been playing over his head all year and the other guy just ket right on managing his team to a victory.
            Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

            Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
            Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)


            So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by 9ernation94 View Post
              I agree. State are a guide line though as to how teams are playing are they not?
              We dont do stat battles.........we win Super Bowls and have appeared in more of them in the last 25 years than anyone else
              winning at an .800 clip.......choke on that Stat

              Your like the new kid son the block trying to make an impression.........how long has it been since you won a Super Bowl BTW?

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by 9ernation94 View Post
                I agree. State are a guide line though as to how teams are playing are they not?
                your 13-3 record and amazing defense didnt mean much... especially when you turned your tv on superbowl sunday and watched the giants beat "the best offense". stats are great for fantasy football. didnt do much for your team when it mattered most.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Stats are useful to a degree but you should always be prepared for them to be countered with a possibly superior line of logic backed up with even more thorough statistics. I don't mind opposing fans using them since us Giants fans love to throw Eli's accolades in others' faces.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by chuy View Post
                    Uhh Nicks and Cruz are great but aside from that I think you're overhyping your guys there buddy. Barden and Randle are average #3 receivers at best. Bennett is good but nowhere near the level of top flight TE's. There is a reason he was a backup in Dallas his entire career. I understand you like you're guys but your not 5 deep with probowlers and your TE is not probowl material either. Manning IMO is what makes your offense go but I still think Rodgers is a better QB than him and has better weapons and we handled them pretty well.

                    Also, our Offense is playing way better than we did at any point last season. We also had Crabtree and Brett Swain was our second receiver against you guys in the NFCCG. I'm fairly confident we will field better WRs than that this time around.

                    And again, I'm not saying we're dominate in a blowout, I just feel like we're gonna win a close, hard fought game. If you disagree sorry for ya, I guess we'll find out on Sunday won't we.
                    Fair points. I too think Bennett is over rated as a receiver. He's a phenomenal run blocker though. And Barden, Randle et al...are decent receivers. I'd put them in the Manningham class, no higher.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by chuy View Post
                      Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

                      Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
                      Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)


                      So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!
                      right. the best qb in the nfl. how delusional are you guys? this is comedy.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        I agree. I would trade a loss to the niners for DAL and WAS wins any day.

                        Somehow I don;t think niners fans feel the same way about this game....
                        Trust me, I know division games are most important but because of the success our division is having this season we need all the wins we can get. Anyway we'll get all these questions answered this weekend. Good luck to your team, hope they play their best so they aren't any excuses and hope for no injuries.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by chuy View Post
                          Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

                          Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
                          Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)

                          So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!
                          with a thoudand YDs passing?????????? Eli does 500 in a single game LOL

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Hold on to those KO's LOL

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by chuy View Post
                              Uhh Nicks and Cruz are great but aside from that I think you're overhyping your guys there buddy. Barden and Randle are average #3 receivers at best. Bennett is good but nowhere near the level of top flight TE's. There is a reason he was a backup in Dallas his entire career. I understand you like you're guys but your not 5 deep with probowlers and your TE is not probowl material either. Manning IMO is what makes your offense go but I still think Rodgers is a better QB than him and has better weapons and we handled them pretty well.

                              Also, our Offense is playing way better than we did at any point last season. We also had Crabtree and Brett Swain was our second receiver against you guys in the NFCCG. I'm fairly confident we will field better WRs than that this time around.

                              And again, I'm not saying we're dominate in a blowout, I just feel like we're gonna win a close, hard fought game. If you disagree sorry for ya, I guess we'll find out on Sunday won't we.
                              Hixon, Randle or Barden have the tools to start on several teams in this league. I never said probowlers but capable starters that can do the job especially with a QB like Manning. Bennett is not Gonzalez, Gates or Gronk or the dude in New Orleans and perhaps Davis is a better receiver but Bennett is by far one of the best blockers at TE in the NFL. Top 3. As he continues to learn the offense he will do some severe damage in the passing game too. He has 3 TD's in 5 games not bad for a TE who focuses on blocking more than most TE's and is learning a new scheme. You also did not address the Giants pass blocking conveniently. You keep blabbing about GB being all that, but their O-line can't block a pee-wee squad rendering Rodgers and all his weapons useless.
                              Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by chuy View Post
                                Next time you bring this up why don't you bother to look up some data before you make that claim. I would say Alex Smith is not playing anything like Trent Dilfer when he won a SB with the ravens:

                                Trent Dilfer: 134/226 59.3 comp % 1502 yds 12 TDs 11 Ints 76.6 QB Rating (this is in 11 games with 8 starts)
                                Alex Smith: 94/137 68.6 comp % 1087 yds 8 TDs 1 Int 108.7 QB Rating (this season in 5 games)


                                So get out of here with that BS. Alex Smith is currently the #1 rated QB in the NFL!
                                Alex Smith beat up on the Lions (Bottom 5 secondary), Packers (They're being exposed this year overall), Jets (Without Revis which you know was huge), Bills (LOL that is all), and Vikings (They're secondary is underrated but nothing to be scared of). Not exactly teams I'd boost about picking on. He's playing good football this year but you do have to take into account of the lack of talent he has faced at CB.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X