X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9ernation94
    started a topic 49er fan here

49er fan here

First I wanna say congrats on beating us last season in the NFCCG. It was such a heart breaking loss and to be honest it has fueled some pretty hostile emotions towards your team, but nonetheless, I respect what you guys accomplished last season.I had this game circled the day the schedule came out and i'm pretty sure everyone within the 49ers organization did as well. With that said, let's talk about this weekends match-up!

The 49ers did something this weekend to the Buffalo Bills that no other team in the history of the NFL has ever done. Our passing attack and running attack was the epitome of balanced. We rushed AND passed for over 300 yards in a game which like I mentioned above has never been done. Alex Smith has come such a LONG way under coach of the year Jim Harbaugh. It's actually remarkable to see as a 49er fan just how far he's come. For those who know and understand the Alex Smith story it's hard not to root for a guy like him. I use to think Smith was nothing more than a game manager but so far this season he has changed my perception of himself. his accuracy has been amazing and his ability to NOT turn the ball over is something we just arent use to seeing from him. Smith is no longer the weak spot on our offense and to be honest we don't have many weak spots on our team at all. We have so much depth on both offense and defense in 2012. Lets look at some numbers.

The 49ers lead the league in rushing averaging nearly 200 yards a game (195.8). We are not a one trick pony with Frank Gore either. We have several guys who can run the rock. Gore of course is our main rusher but not many people know about Kendal Hunter. This kid is gonna be special when he gets his chance to be a starter. With a rushing attack like ours and a great defense it's hard for opposing teams to get any kind of rhythm going. As a unit on offense we are ranked 6th in total offense while averaging 29.8 points per contest. Of course the best thing about the 49ers is their relentless defense which ranks 2nd in the NFL behind only the Seattle Seahags. Nobody can run the ball on us (Vikings had some success against us which is very rare) but other than them over the last season and a half it's not easy gaining yards on the ground against the best front 7 in the NFL. The difference from last years defense to this years defense is our secondary. We are also 2nd in the NFL with passing yards allowed averaging ONLY 181 yards per contest. That is impressive considering we have played some pretty good QB's in A.Rodgers and M.Stafford.

All stats aside I am expecting this game to be a hard fought game that will come down to the wire! May the best team win and hopefully it's an injury free Sunday! Good luck guys.

9ers win 31-24
    Last edited by 9ernation94; 10-08-2012, 03:21 PM.

• repeatchamps
    replied
    Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    2010 the Seaslugs took the division with a 7-9 record.

That division has been a cakewalk for any team that bothers to show up for decades.

Here's a hint 9ernation94 -- 12 Super Bowls in the NFC east. Exactly 1/4 of all of them, by 3 teams.
    Add in a bunch more for the losses suffered by NFC East teams in the Super Bowl. NFC Championships:

Dallas 8
    Giants 5
    Redskins 5
    Eagles 2

20 Super Bowl Appearances out of 46 Super Bowls. 43.5% of all of them.

What's interesting is the AFC East has a boatload of appearances as well:

Pats 7
    Dolphins 5
    Bills 4
    Jets 1

17 Super Bowl appearances out of 46 Super Bowls 36.96% of all of them.

So the two East Divisions in the NFL have accounted for 37 of the 92 possible appearances. 40.21% of all of them. You then have to factor in that LA/St. Louis, LA/Oakland, GB, SF, Pittsburgh and Denver eat up another 32 appearances. Between 14 NFL teams 75% of all Super Bowls include appearance by 1 of these 14 teams. Incredible. If I leave out the Jets and Eagles, the Vikings make up for those 3 appearances with 4 on their own lol! So 13 teams 70 Super Bowl appearances out of 92. Lol that's nuts!

What's even more bizarre only Houston (Oilers or Texans), Detroit, Cleveland and Jacksonville have never appeared in a Super Bowl lol!
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-09-2012, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Giant stuck in Texas
    replied

Seahawks 10-6
    Cards 8-8
    49ers 5-11
    Rams 3-13

Cards 9-7
    49ers 7-9
    Seahawks 4-12
    Rams 2-14

Cards 10-6
    49ers 8-8
    Seahawks 5-11
    Rams 1-15

Seahawks 7-9
    Rams 7-9
    49ers 6-10
    Cards 5-11

49ers 13-3
    Cards 8-8
    Seahawks 7-9
    Rams 2-14

Lmao. Let us know if you want to change divisions. I'm sure the Redskins would appreciate it, not being at the bottom every year.

Btw- 2010 makes me smile.

Leave a comment:

• SweetZombieJesus
    replied
    Originally posted by rEaS View Post
    OMG.. if we played in the NFCW we would have had like 3 times the division titles we've had in the last few decades.. what was it? a few years ago a team won that division with a losing record no? pathetic..
    2010 the Seaslugs took the division with a 7-9 record.

That division has been a cakewalk for any team that bothers to show up for decades.

Here's a hint 9ernation94 -- 12 Super Bowls in the NFC east. Exactly 1/4 of all of them, by 3 teams.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GMENAGAIN
    replied
    You San Fransiscans should focus on events that you really know about . . . . like the gay pride parade!

Leave a comment:

• rEaS
    replied
    Originally posted by 9ernation94 View Post
    Also if the Giants played in the NFCW they would be tied for last place... just sayin.
    OMG.. if we played in the NFCW we would have had like 3 times the division titles we've had in the last few decades.. what was it? a few years ago a team won that division with a losing record no? pathetic..

Leave a comment:

• Rodgers12
    replied
    I think this could be a early preview of the NFC title game.

Leave a comment:

• GiantGremlin
    replied
    The 49ers DESTROYED two bad teams like they are suppose too! We can't help they were next on our schedule. At least we didn't give up 27 points to a team like the Browns.

Not once did I say we can't be beat. Go reread the OP and look at the bottom of the post. I said I believe it will be a hard fought game that comes down to the wire. One in which we win.
    Sorry, but the 27 pts is deceiving - first the Browns got at least 7 points in the very beginning of the game off a Bradshaw fumble deep in Giants territory, the final 7 points came in garbage time in the 4th quarter when the Giants were up by 3 TD's - Trent Richardson is also no picnic to tackle, I wouldn't hang your judgement of the Giants D on the final score.

Leave a comment:

• repeatchamps
    replied
    So much wrong with this. You say stop with this Browns non sense only to turn around and talk about the Browns nonsense.

49ers defense > Giants offense
    Lol you are delusional. The Giants are arguably the best passing offense in the NFL and their run game is top 11. You point to stats the entire thread well those are the stats after 5 weeks. Giants offense is virtually #1 in the league right now. 49ers defense is top notch but until Sunday's game is over you cannot claim the 49ers defense can stop the Giants offense. You talk about credibility of posters here well you just lost all credibility with that comment.

Stats say Giants are right with the top ranked Pats in total Yards, total points, points/game, Yards/game and right with the top ranked Saints in Pass Yards and pass yards/game. They are 11th in total rush yards and 12th in rush yards per game (with Bradshaw missing 1 and a half games and a bunch of what are basically rookies behind him. Considering this the Giants rush ranking is more impressive than the 49ers #1 rushing ranking considering the 49ers full compliment of RB's have been healthy and are more experienced). The 49ers have yet to face an offense putting up those #'s as of yet. Don't say GB is one of those teams because their O-line can't block a pee-wee team and they can't run so Rodgers and his weapons are useless.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te.../netTotalYards

The 49ers are in for a rude awakening if they think they are going to just easily shut down one of the top offenses in the NFL.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-09-2012, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 9ernation94
    replied
    Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
    nobody ever comes back here after we axx whip them........will you be back to pay homage to the world champions after we dismantle you're poor team?

I promise to be civil if you do .......we've had many teams fans come here all full of bluff and bluster..........then when confronted with reality, they never return

and that saddens me
    Poor team? Really? lost all credibility there. I'll be back. Post like this amuse me.

Leave a comment:

• 9ernation94
    replied
    Originally posted by Parademon View Post
    You forgot the 52 Burger the Pats rung up on them the week prior. Wow, 48-52-45 pts allowed in their 3 defeats by the mighty Bills D & one of those teams was the same Jets team the 9ers just shutout!

Wonder if 9ers fans are just ignorant or do they really think the Giants are as bad as the Jets/Bills are? Cuz they sure are spewing it on their forum & talking about a clean NY sweep.
    Whoever thinks the giants are as bad as both the Jets and the Bills then they clearly are delusional.

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    That's because the majority of them are imbeciles. Not all.

Leave a comment:

• Parademon
    replied
    Was just over there checking out some new posts by their fans, here's a few.

Let's show these guys that they didn't beat us last year we beat ourselves!

I wish we could play those New York bit*hes, right the f**k now!

Jim Harbaugh will not give pity. He's going to make the NYG eat dirt hard.

your team wins against teams with a combined record of 2-12.

maybe thats y itll be an *** whooping.

Giants do look about the same as last season. The Niners, however, are much better and have a couple of your key weapons from last year. I'm actually afraid for Eli, after the beating he took in the NFCC, this could get nasty.

This game is going to turn into a massacre

Rodger Craig fumble Kyle Williams fumble equals two NY Giants Super Bowl Championships IMO.In both of these years the 49ers beat the Giants in the regular season and only a fumble in the NFCCG gave these guys a shot at the Super Bowl Ring. Beating the very lucky Giants this Sunday will feel great. Let's hope should the 49ers meet them in the post season our guys can hold onto the ball.

49ers 30 Giants 13

(edit) I am old enough to have seen the Rodger Craig fumble and like last years NFCCG the 49ers were the better team. IMO The best team does not always win.

You can throw stats at Giants fans all you want it means nothing to them. A helmet catch and a Manningham finger tip catch erases all the stats with these people. I'm just saying. Luck eventually runs out.

This is how much the vast majority of 9ers fans think of our team have shown zero respect for our SB win. There are a few intelligent 9er fans giving us props & saying it will be a tough.close game, but the majority are giving us no chance at winning this game.

Leave a comment:

• BParcells777
    replied
    we are not playing fantacy football here

49ers offense > Giants defense

I hope Alex Brown lives through the masacre and we face you at Metlife again in January

Leave a comment:

• BParcells777
    replied
    So much wrong with this. You say stop with this Browns non sense only to turn around and talk about the Browns nonsense.

49ers offense > Giants defense
    nobody ever comes back here after we axx whip them........will you be back to pay homage to the world champions after we dismantle you're poor team?

I promise to be civil if you do .......we've had many teams fans come here all full of bluff and bluster..........then when confronted with reality, they never return

and that saddens me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X