Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Niners will win; Matchups, thoughts, projections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You mean a number 2? Otherwise, I think you're really undervaluing a lot of guys in this league. The rest of the post is very good.
    Yeah maybe so but I was hard on Hixon saying he wasn't that good so I gotta give him some kind of love cause he has filled in nicely.
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mbeach49er View Post
      The only one giving me a hard time was you in the other post. I promised to keep smack out of this post, and I will. Tried to post it in your main forum but it got pushed to smack talk.
      well your other post didn't make any sense.i've had horrible run ins with fans from your city CONVINCED that the loss last year was pure 110% luck. Like the universe conspired to rob SF of what was obviously theirs by rite.

      As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily.

      Unbeatable? no team is. but i'm not a ****. We've got a 3 in 10 chance of beating you, as is, next week.

      if we get a bunch of banged up guys back, we have a better shot, but under no circumstances have i seen anything from the giants this year that says their better than the 49ers.

      but the season is still young.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
        well your other post didn't make any sense.i've had horrible run ins with fans from your city CONVINCED that the loss last year was pure 110% luck. Like the universe conspired to rob SF of what was obviously theirs by rite.

        As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily.

        Unbeatable? no team is. but i'm not a ****. We've got a 3 in 10 chance of beating you, as is, next week.

        if we get a bunch of banged up guys back, we have a better shot, but under no circumstances have i seen anything from the giants this year that says their better than the 49ers.

        but the season is still young.
        Fans who called it luck were overacting and wrong, acting out of emotion. We lost for reasons well stated in many threads.
        "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

        A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

        CDN_G-FAN
        All-Pro

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Mbeach49er View Post
          Fans who called it luck were overacting and wrong, acting out of emotion. We lost for reasons well stated in many threads.
          and giants fans who say we're the better team right now are being blinded by loyalty.

          49ers look more than awesome right now.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Whats your problem pal? Why dont you get to Modells and get yourself a 49rs SB Sweatshirt for Sunday.......or right
            they have not won any for 16 years......might be out of stock

            The Giants are going to make this a statement game and destroy these fools

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
              Whats your problem pal? Why dont you get to Modells and get yourself a 49rs SB Sweatshirt for Sunday.......or right
              they have not won any for 16 years......might be out of stock

              The Giants are going to make this a statement game and destroy these fools
              Home from school already?
              "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

              A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

              CDN_G-FAN
              All-Pro

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mbeach49er View Post
                Hey Giant fans, here is why the Niners should win. Would love to hear your responses, I will keep the smack talk out of it.

                1. We are at home, I know you guys are a good road team, but believe me the team, coaches and fans have been waiting for this game since the schedule came out. Advantage Niners.

                2. Our Oline is dominating. We have one of if not the best O lines in football. Physical Smash Mouth players. All are young but experienced playing together. Our new right guard is a huge upgrade over last year. Your D line has dissappointed. Not getting pressure as before. Advantage Niners.

                3. QB. Smith leads league in rating and QBR. Great record at home. Found the deep ball. Come from behind wins. Better uniform. Ok, I give up, would take Eli here hands down. Advantage Giants.

                4. RB. With injuries to your backs, I lean towards the Niners, but your guy had a monster game last week. Advatage: Push

                5. WR. Again, health is an issue for you guys. If you are 100% healthy, it is Giants all the way, but right now...this game, the way we use Moss as a decoy (always draws the safety) and the way our receivers have stepped up, Advantage Niners. (I will prob lose this arguement) lol

                6. D line. Advantage Niners. No question. Every team tries to stop our run, and for the most part fails. We stop the run.

                7. Line Backers Advantage Niners. No question

                8. Secondary. I think the way our secondary is playing, we are better...however you have Eli, and he does some crazy sh** when he needs to. Advantage Push

                9. Special teams. I would say we have a huge advantage here. Forget the Williams crap, overall we are better, except in punt/kickoff return coverage. We have a serious hole there. Advantage Push

                I am sure there are more things to talk about, but I think being at home, health of the two teams, the revenge thing that will play into this game, we will win. It will not be a blow out, but the Niners should win.
                QBs win in the NFL these days, and even you admit you have few other advantages.......you will have to get a lot of balls bouncing your way and favorable calls to even be in this game at the end

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                  and giants fans who say we're the better team right now are being blinded by loyalty.

                  49ers look more than awesome right now.
                  WOW 16,000 posts and you have not learned a thing about this team.......good grief
                  DO you have a Joe Montana poster on your wall or something?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I'll agree with all the matchups except:

                    Running game--You guys clearly, clearly have the better running game. Even with our sudden surge from AB (and let's be honest, he's playing for his job so he's motivated) I still give you guys the edge because you have been using the running game on a consistant basis and my fantasy team thanks you (but not this week!) Advantage 49ers.

                    Wide Receivers--Come on home boy, not even close. Advantage Giants.

                    Special Teams--We have improved here. We have improved a lot. You guys have the kicker, but we have punter. You guys have done a better job returning, but with Wilson emerging the last couple of games it seems we have found a good one too. Where we edge you guys is in our coverage. Our coverage has been amazing. In fact, I believe we are #1 in the league. Advantage Giants.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      There is no way the 49rs win........short of using grenades

                      I don't think that is allowed though

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by pino View Post
                        I'll agree with all the matchups except:

                        Running game--You guys clearly, clearly have the better running game. Even with our sudden surge from AB (and let's be honest, he's playing for his job so he's motivated) I still give you guys the edge because you have been using the running game on a consistant basis and my fantasy team thanks you (but not this week!) Advantage 49ers.

                        Wide Receivers--Come on home boy, not even close. Advantage Giants.

                        Special Teams--We have improved here. We have improved a lot. You guys have the kicker, but we have punter. You guys have done a better job returning, but with Wilson emerging the last couple of games it seems we have found a good one too. Where we edge you guys is in our coverage. Our coverage has been amazing. In fact, I believe we are #1 in the league. Advantage Giants.
                        Great response....I agree, if you guys are 100% healthy at WR, Giants have the advantage. We will see come Sunday how health you are. My only arguement with what you said is punter...yes punter. We have the advantage here by far. Andy Lee is the best punter in the NFL.

                        Our trouble with Special Teams this year is coverage...we are terrible. 30 and 31 in kickoff and punt coverage....
                        "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

                        A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

                        CDN_G-FAN
                        All-Pro

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                          Overall I think the advantage goes to the 9ers here in this game. Without breaking down position by position, it seems to me the 9ers are just as good, if not better than they were last year, where the Giants have seemed to take a notable step down from where they were in the playoffs because of the uninspiring defense thus far. And I think the 9ers are a much hungrier team.I think the 9ers win this one.
                          i think you better worry about the Ravens
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by pino View Post
                            I'll agree with all the matchups except:

                            Running game--You guys clearly, clearly have the better running game. Even with our sudden surge from AB (and let's be honest, he's playing for his job so he's motivated) I still give you guys the edge because you have been using the running game on a consistant basis and my fantasy team thanks you (but not this week!) Advantage 49ers.

                            Wide Receivers--Come on home boy, not even close. Advantage Giants.

                            Special Teams--We have improved here. We have improved a lot. You guys have the kicker, but we have punter. You guys have done a better job returning, but with Wilson emerging the last couple of games it seems we have found a good one too. Where we edge you guys is in our coverage. Our coverage has been amazing. In fact, I believe we are #1 in the league. Advantage Giants.
                            I will agree with this, and I'll just add that if there is bad weather, I think you are the better *bad* weather team, but not by much. The 49ers have a good ground game, a good run game is always a good all weather offense. Weather in your area can get atrociously bad, and you are used to it, so I think your passing game is stronger in bad weather. Where I think the game will turn, is the pass rush. Clearly the Giants would rather have Alex beat them than Gore and company, so if the pass rush is not there, Giants are in for a long day.

                            Giedi

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              Go Ravens
                              Hahaha, The Ravens are going to eat Romo's lunch. Romo's going to have two to three turnovers and I am going to laugh my arse off reading Cowboy fans saying that Romo should leave Dallas so he can win a superbowl for another team! Dallas fans are definitely fully as hell when they think the sky is falling!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Ravens are Ordinary

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X