Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONGRATS STEELERS NATION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31

    They weren't wrong, but that's how the game works. It's only holding if it gets called.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Seven7 View Post
      The only reason I registered was to respond to this thread. I don't generally "smack talk".And if you thought the first PI call on Lewis was anything other than insane, I'm sorry but your bias is showing through. That was one of the best plays I've seen a DB make all year. Wasn't even close to interference.
      I don't agree but there's no point in arguing. He made a great play with his left hand and interfered with his right. One man's great play is another's something else...

      Judgment calls - and PI is pretty much always a judgment call - are just that.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        They weren't wrong, but that's how the game works. It's only holding if it gets called.
        They might not be wrong but it's poor taste for a team who likes to complain about other teams who won't shut their mouths (Jets) to turn around and B & M just as much.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          I don't agree but there's no point in arguing. He made a great play with his left hand and interfered with his right. One man's great play is another's something else...Judgment calls - and PI is pretty much always a judgment call - are just that.
          I rewatched the game on the all 22 film and his right hand wasn't even close to making contact. Sorry, but you're just wrong. I can understand the refs were overly excited to call it though, considering how much Cruz and Nicks whined leading up to the game, so I guess their strategy worked.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Seven7 View Post
            I rewatched the game on the all 22 film and his right hand wasn't even close to making contact. Sorry, but you're just wrong. I can understand the refs were overly excited to call it though, considering how much Cruz and Nicks whined leading up to the game, so I guess their strategy worked.
            I saw some nice pass-interference going on against our Wr's for much of the game. Wasn't called. Like I said, it evened itself out. No bias here. I said I didn't like some of the calls that went our way. Your team won. Congratulations.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Seven7 View Post
              They might not be wrong but it's poor taste for a team who likes to complain about other teams who won't shut their mouths (Jets) to turn around and B & M just as much.

              I don't disagree but I find no similarities between the two organizations at all other than both are based on the tri state area.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Seven7 View Post
                I rewatched the game on the all 22 film and his right hand wasn't even close to making contact. Sorry, but you're just wrong. I can understand the refs were overly excited to call it though, considering how much Cruz and Nicks whined leading up to the game, so I guess their strategy worked.
                OK, that's fair - I'll re-watch it. My memory is of the live play only. That said I wouldn't be shocked if we still disagree as we clearly have different points of view and agendas.

                That's crap. The whole whining strategy thing is crap frankly and I don't believe you actually believe the refs were swayed by it.

                That said, I really don't like when the Giants talk that kind of crap, it's bush and they should be above it. Every team holds, every team tries to take advantage...I don't agree with the *****ing to the press, I don't think it helps a team's cause at all and often works against them.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Seven7 View Post
                  The only reason I registered was to respond to this thread. I don't generally "smack talk".And if you thought the first PI call on Lewis was anything other than insane, I'm sorry but your bias is showing through. That was one of the best plays I've seen a DB make all year. Wasn't even close to interference.
                  Granted the first PI call was as iffy as Brown's TD run (if that ball broke the plane, it broke it by the tip of the ball), but on the same play there could have been illegal contact on the WR on the route, well past 5 yards, just from memory.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Bleh no use arguing pointless issues. The Steelers out played us. Personally, I would rather congradulate them and stay close with my stealer nation bretheren because when Giants and Steelers get together good things happen.......like the Mara sisters.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Pittsburgh Steelers flat out won. There is no excuse about it. I don't particularly mind them and I think Mike (Omar Epps) Tomlin is a decent guy. However, the continual crying of the fanbase over the officiating after a win is ridiculous. The fumble call was not clear cut but iffy at best. The ball was hit when Rapistfatburger brought his arm back to pass and was still wobbly when he went to throw it. That call can go either way and in that instance I think it was the right one. The call against Ryan Clark on the hit on Victor Cruz in the endzone was ridiculous. That should not have been a flag. Granted, it was a cheap shot but it was not illegal. It was borderline late but was not a penalty.

                      Hey Pittsburgh Steeler fans, congratulations on the win. Now stop the *****ing and moaning about the calls and get ready for your next game. I understand that most of you are still elated because you just beat The Defending SuperBowl Champions in our house but please, stop crying about the calls. I say the same things to NY Giants fans that cry about the bad calls in the regular season game against Green Bay Packers last year. It is all part of the game.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Steelers are my second favorite team. Grew up around a lot of Italian steelers fans and when I moved south we met another family from Pittsburgh we became very close with. The older mom became like my grandmother and her son almost like an uncle. And my wife and I are God parents to all his sisters kids. Anyway he was a huge steelers fan and we always were at there house on Sundays for dinner so I always rooted for the steelers on Sundays as long as they were not playing anyone from the NFCE especially the giants. That's where I drew the line. But did cheer form them in their SBs. Have great respect for a lot of players on that team
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I'm still waiting for some smack talk from bengals fans.... The lack of smack talk lately is surprising.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                            I'm still waiting for some smack talk from bengals fans.... The lack of smack talk lately is surprising.
                            Haha we even got smack from panther fans. go figure. maybe Bengals fans are more realistic about their team and don't want to go off and talk trash.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Ummm they were warned for that way before this game they never said anything about the Steelers...
                              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                                I'm still waiting for some smack talk from bengals fans.... The lack of smack talk lately is surprising.
                                I have a feeling that there is a lack of smack talk lately because other fanbases do not veiw us a real threat anymore.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X