Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys still consider us big rivals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a special kind of hate I reserve for the Eagles. They're like the anti-Giants and the games are always hard fought, tough, and eventful. In my eyes this will always be the best and most hateful NFC East rivalry. Its almost sad to see the Eagles bad because there is nothing as exciting as Giants vs, Eagles games that actually mean something for both teams.

While I hate Dallas, they're a trainwreck that's funny to watch. The Redskins have just been irrelevant for too long for me too care about them yet. The growing rivalries with the 49ers and Packers are great, but I don't hate either team and I respect both of them. The Niners would probably be my favorite team if the Giants didn't exist.

In short, yes, the Eagles are still our biggest rival.

Comment

My attitude, since the days of Buddy Ryan, has always been that if the G-Men go 2-14, the two wins MUST be against the Eagles.
      Giants Fan Since 1961 (Tittle to Shofner)

Comment

Originally posted by N.E. Pa GiantFan View Post
        My attitude, since the days of Buddy Ryan, has always been that if the G-Men go 2-14, the two wins MUST be against the Eagles.
        Amen to that. If we get eliminated next week, we better come out guns blazing to finish off the Eagles for good...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Andy Reid was already pre-fired on Friday before the game. The highlights of his career would be that great 2004 Eagles team
          with T.O. and that star-studded defense and his head-to-head matchup record against Tom Coughlin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...delphia-eagles

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
            Andy Reid was already pre-fired on Friday before the game. The highlights of his career would be that great 2004 Eagles team
            with T.O. and that star-studded defense and his head-to-head matchup record against Tom Coughlin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...delphia-eagles

How sad it is that after this many years a major part of your legacy is your head to head record against another coach as opposed to something meaningful?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
              How sad it is that after this many years a major part of your legacy is your head to head record against another coach as opposed to something meaningful?
              I'd gladly take TC's 2 SB wins and the late season meltdowns over Reid's 14 seasons of no superbowl wins. That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                I'd gladly take TC's 2 SB wins and the late season meltdowns over Reid's 14 seasons of no superbowl wins. That's for sure.
                So would Andy Reid.

Comment

strangely after so many years of the Birds "robbing us" or "knocking us off," this win felt so cheap.

Am I glad? Sorta, but we all knew that Reid is done, his Era is done, Vick is punch drunk and we squander our hopes 2 weeks ago and at Cincy...

So yea Giants kicked that ***, but in the bigger picture so F'n what !!!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

I absolutely do not feel sorry if an opponent doesn't show up to play and Giants ran up the score on them, especially if it's the Eagles... and I'm sure there's no pity from the Falcons or Ravens either. Show up and play or get send back into the lockerroom in humiliation with reporters waiting to jump on the interviews.

Comment

Working...
                    X