Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys "incident"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bELIeve_in_Giants View Post
    Yeah, I do. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve punishment, but he didn't kill someone on purpose. He made a terrible mistake that I bet 1/2 of this board has made and gotten lucky to not have this happen. That was a good friend who was killed. He's in hell right now, I'm sure. The person who was killed got in the car himself. I'm glad that no one else was involved.
    I agree with you. Back when I was in high school and the military I used to drink and drive. Then one night I got a call from a hospital at 3am to come and identify my friend who was "brain dead" from a single car accident while he was drunk off his butt and only a mile from base. When I went to the hospital, the only way i recognized him was from the tattoo on his arm. From that day on I have never had more than 1 beer and driven. That is the reality, it takes something like that to wake most people up. Myself included!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

    Comment


    • #17
      I do not understand why these football players get all the DUI's. I guess its "Lifestyles of the rich and the shameless"
      Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

      Comment


      • #18
        Condolences to the family of Jerry Brown Jr...

        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by appodictic View Post
          I do not understand why these football players get all the DUI's. I guess its "Lifestyles of the rich and the shameless"
          While there are some mature football players for the most part look at the lifestyle from the days of highschool and on. Most of the players with NFL potential are 'pushed' through school...high school...college and surrounded by guys that never tell them no. Even in colleges, many of the coaches are enablers as long as the player is productive. These guys...even the lowest ranked players get hundreds of thousands of dollars thrown at them. Money combined with a slower developing maturity level usually leads to a whole lot of mess. Look how long it took for Pacman Jones to straighten out.

          However, DUI's are not the province of NFL players. You are only seeing them getting them because they are a smaller community and in the limelight. If you could see the stats probably for your local jail or even county you would see that NFL players on a national level not even registering a full percentage of those getting DUI's. It is a very common problem, that no matter how harsh you make laws, will not deter alot of people.

          There are probably more domestic violence issues than DUI's among NFL players.
          Last edited by Rat_bastich; 12-10-2012, 08:27 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Sorry, niether player gets zero sympathy from me. They both knew they were ****faced drunk & decided to use a 2 ton vehicle as a weapon & it cost them! I'm just thankful it was only them 2 & not an innocent family that paid for their stupidity!

            Yeah, he did kill someone on purpose! You get behind the wheel of a 2-4 ton vehicle in a drunken stooper, you have just turned it into a deadly weapon!


            Really, stop with the BS excuses for these maggots that drink & drive! Just makes me think that some of you fall into that catagory as well.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Parademon View Post
              Sorry, niether player gets zero sympathy from me. They both knew they were ****faced drunk & decided to use a 2 ton vehicle as a weapon & it cost them! I'm just thankful it was only them 2 & not an innocent family that paid for their stupidity!

              Yeah, he did kill someone on purpose! You get behind the wheel of a 2-4 ton vehicle in a drunken stooper, you have just turned it into a deadly weapon!


              Really, stop with the BS excuses for these maggots that drink & drive! Just makes me think that some of you fall into that catagory as well.
              Let's just hope you don't do something stupid or have never done so.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                Let's just hope you don't do something stupid or have never done so.
                Nope, I haven't. Guess you fall in the catagory of drinking/driving since you seem to be defending the guy.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I never have had more than one drink and driven a car. Defending him and feeling bad for him are 2 different things. There is no excuse for what happened. He will go to jail, and deservedly so. But,I'm not going to apologize for having sympathy for someone who didn't mean to kill a good friend, but did.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                    Nope, I haven't. Guess you fall in the catagory of drinking/driving since you seem to be defending the guy.
                    At what point did I defend the guy? As Believe said...there is a difference between sympathy and defense. It is inhuman to not sympathize with the tragedy that his life has befallen because of a stupid choice made by a young man.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                      At what point did I defend the guy? As Believe said...there is a difference between sympathy and defense. It is inhuman to not sympathize with the tragedy that his life has befallen because of a stupid choice made by a young man.
                      Self-inflicted.

                      Stupid choice or not, it's a choice he made on his own, and that choice lead to the death of his friend. I can't sympathize with him at all.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                        Self-inflicted.

                        Stupid choice or not, it's a choice he made on his own, and that choice lead to the death of his friend. I can't sympathize with him at all.
                        Thank you! Also to those of you sympathizing for the maggot, I wonder how much sympathy you would have for him if it was your family member or friend he took out.
                        Last edited by Parademon; 12-11-2012, 09:59 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Jerry's Brown's mother has forgiven Brent and asked him to ride with her to the memorial service. She recognized that her son got into the car of his own free will, too.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                            Thank you! Also to those of you sympathizing for the maggot, I wonder how much sympathy you would have for him if it was your family member or friend he took out.

                            Or vice versa... what if it was your family member, or even child that was doing the driving?

                            People are people, and not many are inherently evil. Stupid? Definitely. But I agree with Rat on this one. Defending and sympathizing are two different things and it's just human nature to feel for another person, no matter how stupid or destructive their decisions are.

                            I understand everyone has their own stories and opinions that affect their ideals so I'm not saying you're wrong in the way you think. But I don't think you should write off someones opinion just because you don't agree with it... especially when someone explained exactly why they feel the way they do.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...adly-crash.ece

                              The more that comes out about this story, the worse it seems to get.......Personally I think the league should ban Brent, especially considering he is a repeat offender

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                                http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...adly-crash.ece

                                The more that comes out about this story, the worse it seems to get.......Personally I think the league should ban Brent, especially considering he is a repeat offender
                                They definitely should.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X