Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before the NFL catches up with Shannahan's gimmick(College) offense?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How long before the NFL catches up with Shannahan's gimmick(College) offense?

    I have seen this before (i.e. Wildcat) and it doesn't last in the NFL. RGIII looks good but he will not last if he continues running a college type offense. NFL defenses will catch up and he will take a beaten. Perhaps he will succeed in a conventional NFL type offense, remains to be seen.

  • #2
    I don't know if I agree. Here's what my uneducated eyes saw and were blown away with last Monday night. The offensive play calls gave RGIII a ton of options that he could go with on each play. The success of the option depends on the QB to select the best option based on what the defense does.....RGIII almost 100% of the time picked the best option. He was very quick and correct with his decision making, and darn good at execution.

    Comment


    • #3
      the league caught up to Vick...it will do the same to RG3.......

      Comment


      • #4
        I hope that atleast the Giants figure it out. Look at Cam Newton and Vick. 1 year after great seasons they were figured out and now make nominal impact. The jury is out on a conventional offense with Bob Gee leading it.
        "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Everybody's waiting for the Giants to develop a defensive scheme and school the rest of the league.

          Eventually, the way RG3 runs that offense, it will result in turnovers. I'm surprised it hasn't already, but it's only a matter of time. When your own guys don't even know what you're gonna do, bad things usually happen.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ebick View Post
            I don't know if I agree. Here's what my uneducated eyes saw and were blown away with last Monday night. The offensive play calls gave RGIII a ton of options that he could go with on each play. The success of the option depends on the QB to select the best option based on what the defense does.....RGIII almost 100% of the time picked the best option. He was very quick and correct with his decision making, and darn good at execution.
            I'm impressed but you fight it by plastering the QB no matter what the option is.

            If he's reading the right DE to decide whether to run outside or handoff, get all Inception on them and use it to your advantage. Rush inside and have a disguised guy KNOW ahead of the snap that the DE will go inside and he will go outside. It's like Eli with the constant audibling before the snap, if you confuse them they will overthink it. It also means the team can't impose its will physically they have to play this gimmick carp.
            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

            "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

            Comment


            • #7
              He will be a great QB. Right now, he is benefitting from GREAT playcalling giving him safe options all the time. The pistol is a great play design for him. With that said , the league will get to him weather its hitting him all the time even after he hands it off, or just diagnosing it better. And if he doesn't protect those legs, much of his ability will be lost. Big scare today for him.
              Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

              Comment


              • #8
                Looks like the NFL caught up today.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's figuring it out and being able to execute defensive stops against it with QBs that have good-great speed and athletism. It's those physical qualities of the QB that make it work and give the offense the "extra dimension" that they're talking about. Cam Newtown and Colin Kaepernick both ripped off huge TDs runs today by just being able to outrun opposing DBs to the endzone. Insane.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                    I have seen this before (i.e. Wildcat) and it doesn't last in the NFL. RGIII looks good but he will not last if he continues running a college type offense. NFL defenses will catch up and he will take a beaten. Perhaps he will succeed in a conventional NFL type offense, remains to be seen.
                    The Redskins dont run the Wildcat. Please watch the games before making such judgements. Pistol does not equate wildcat. Thats like saying a team that runs shotgun all the time is running the Run n Shoot.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                      Looks like the NFL caught up today.
                      How many rushing yards did we have today? How many total yards? How many points? I'll tell ya:

                      178 rushing yards
                      248 passing yards
                      420 total yards
                      We scored 31 points

                      I dont think anyone has caught up yet.

                      Also, the Redskins played like crap on offense today.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by blueomaha View Post
                        the league caught up to Vick...it will do the same to RG3.......
                        Why do people keep comparing these two, they are not the same player. Griffin's rushing ability is a bonus, not a focal point.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think the league is gonna have another chat wit hthe skins about their medical evaluation process.

                          Much like the concussion incedent earlier this year, the skins showed a complete lack of interest in player safety. When your star player comes hobbling off the field with an aparent leg injury you do not let his giving you a thumbs up and a high five determine whether or not he is healthy enough to return to the field. As we saw, he was clearly unable to even throw off his leg, and yet they docs felt he was ok to go? More like the docs let the player determine his own status rather than doing their job.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                            I think the league is gonna have another chat wit hthe skins about their medical evaluation process.

                            Much like the concussion incedent earlier this year, the skins showed a complete lack of interest in player safety. When your star player comes hobbling off the field with an aparent leg injury you do not let his giving you a thumbs up and a high five determine whether or not he is healthy enough to return to the field. As we saw, he was clearly unable to even throw off his leg, and yet they docs felt he was ok to go? More like the docs let the player determine his own status rather than doing their job.
                            I was in total disrepair when RG PEE went back out on the field with only 1 good leg!!!! At that point the refs should have charged the Foreskins with a TO, removed him from field of play until a real evaluation. Shanahan should be ashamed of himself for allowing Pee to go back onto the field. HE is the franchise. I was disgusted with the Foreskins allowing anything to happen with Pee other than getting him medical attention.
                            "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I kinda feel bad for Griffin. I know he's a competitor and would be the first to go back on the field no matter what condition he was in, the fact that the skins organization let him and didn't seem to care about protecting their most important asset is telling... it's almost like they're going Super Bowl or Bust, this year...

                              tl;dr: Great player, terrible organization.

                              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X