Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rob Ryan Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rob Ryan Fired

    MODS: Please delete. Already posted in General Sports.
    Last edited by P_Simms_#11; 01-08-2013, 09:10 PM.

  • #2
    Wow, I hate the cowboys with a passion, but that was probably one of the dumbest things they could have ever done. That defense was decimated by injuries and he found a way to still make it a formidable group. I don't care what anyone says, if they hadn't lost Sean Lee and a few others, that defense would have been pretty damn scary.

    Amazing how they stick with Garrett and Romo and get rid of the one person who actually did a decent job.
    #80

    Comment


    • #3
      I think this was just as dumb as whent he Eagles fired their DC for their offensive issues.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

      Comment


      • #4
        This is one of those head scratching moves that makes me want to retract my '2013 will be a good year for the cowboys' outlook. One of the only coaches to do a halfway decent job and was actually hindered by devastating injuries for much of the season (No starting NT, Safety, both ILBs, DE, Slot CB... lost quite a bit of depth too).

        They HAVE to have a better candidate in their pocket already, or else... wtf?

        Comment


        • #5
          yes it is head scratching that they fired Ryan who had the 14th ranked D in the NFL, but not as head scratching as the Giants NOT firing Perry Fewell who had the 30 ranked D!
          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

          John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

          Comment


          • #6
            Can we fire our DC & get Rob? He has the exact temperment the Giants D needs! Our Corners get burned deep for a TD & I see Fewell smiling. WTF!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Parademon View Post
              Can we fire our DC & get Rob? He has the exact temperment the Giants D needs! Our Corners get burned deep for a TD & I see Fewell smiling. WTF!
              Prince would actually be a great corner for Rob's defense. But switching to a 3-4 takes away from what your best player, JPP, is best at. I think you have to build around JPP.

              Ironically, I think you guys are a much better suitor for the guy we're trying to get now after dumping Rob: Monty Kiffin. KP, Rolle, and even Stevie Brown would probably excel like crazy in a Tampa 2.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                Prince would actually be a great corner for Rob's defense. But switching to a 3-4 takes away from what your best player, JPP, is best at. I think you have to build around JPP.

                Ironically, I think you guys are a much better suitor for the guy we're trying to get now after dumping Rob: Monty Kiffin. KP, Rolle, and even Stevie Brown would probably excel like crazy in a Tampa 2.
                Crap if you get Monte Kiffin. Dude coached the best defense of the decade when Tampa won it all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  kiffin is old. that worries me some

                  but thank god we got rid of ryan.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Update: Kiffin was obviously hired a week ago, but reports are Rod Marinelli (former Bears DC and Lions HC) is the new D Line coach.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
                      kiffin is old. that worries me some

                      but thank god we got rid of ryan.
                      You didn't like Ryan that much ?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                        You didn't like Ryan that much ?
                        ive never liked ryan. he's an embarrassment on the sidelines with his childish tantrums. and he sucks as a defensive coach. always has

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
                          ive never liked ryan. he's an embarrassment on the sidelines with his childish tantrums. and he sucks as a defensive coach. always has
                          I'll second my dislike for Rob, but mostly because I just couldn't wrap my head around his schemes. Felt like he tried to outsmart everyone but didn't realize that he couldn't. (dropping your 2 best pass rushers into coverage and rushing only 3... 2 of the 3 being backups).

                          But still, he made an impact. The Cowboys defense came up big when needed down the stretch. They ended up dropping in rank but made big plays when they needed to. So something Ryan was doing must have been right. If not then we're far more talented on defense than I think.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Rob, Rex, whats the diff....fire both....

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X