Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayor of DC wants Redskins to change name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Then you would be rehashing the name the Washington Senators.
    WOAHHHH GOOD ONE!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
      Yeah I'm surprised too. Imagine if there were teams named the Alaskan Pailskins or the Los Angeles Darkskins with a white or black person on the helmets. It's not about being sensitive, it's more about respect for our fellow man. They probably didn't mean it that way, who knows but it's just the principle.
      Well when you have a team who has had the same name for 80 years and has 80 years of merchandise already out into the public, not to mention a team that probably has one of the top 5 fan bases in the NFL, I would think losing the name and changing it to a 'less offensive one' would result in serious financial losses in the short term.

      The moral to the story is white people shouldn't be getting offended over the name 'redskins'. I believe several polls of people with Native American descent have shown that they really don't care. They aren't for it, they aren't against it, they don't care. Just like the Florida State Seminoles. The Seminole people aren't complaining, idiot white people are... And I'm saying this as a white guy.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Eli2Shockey4aTD View Post
        Washington Liars, Washington Debtors, Washington Thieves, Washington Bailouts, Washington Taxmen. Sure there are many good names to go with DC.
        I like the Thieves. U can have the helmets be a solid color than have a painted black bandana start above the face mask and make it look like it ties at the back of the helmet.

        Comment


        • #19
          I hate political correctness more than I hate the Eagles.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
            Then you would be rehashing the name the Washington Senators.
            no, that's awesome...they should re-name them to that


            NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
              I hate political correctness more than I hate the Eagles.
              This 1000%!!!

              Comment


              • #22
                Leave the name as is, people just need to stop being whiney , soft minded little b^&%$!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Parademon View Post
                  Leave the name as is, people just need to stop being whiney , soft minded little b^&%$!
                  I personally don't think it was made to be offensive... more or less giving props.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                    I personally don't think it was made to be offensive... more or less giving props.
                    Calling a Native American a Redskin is much like calling an African American the N word. It's a racial slur.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                      I hate political correctness more than I hate the Eagles.
                      I nominate this post for post of the century. I hate when they bring politics into football. This is even more disgusting that Bob Costa's rant on sunday night football.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                        Well when you have a team who has had the same name for 80 years and has 80 years of merchandise already out into the public, not to mention a team that probably has one of the top 5 fan bases in the NFL, I would think losing the name and changing it to a 'less offensive one' would result in serious financial losses in the short term.
                        Dude, the exact opposite would be the case. People would want to go out and get the newly logo'd merch; much like when a premier player switches teams (Manning, Tebow) his jersey becomes a top seller, the same would hold with the new stuff... People would want to go and get the new gear. There'd also be the added benefit of adding value to older logo'd gear in the collector's market.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          Dude, the exact opposite would be the case. People would want to go out and get the newly logo'd merch; much like when a premier player switches teams (Manning, Tebow) his jersey becomes a top seller, the same would hold with the new stuff... People would want to go and get the new gear. There'd also be the added benefit of adding value to older logo'd gear in the collector's market.
                          The merch sales would be nothing in comparison to the trademarked Redskins theme. 80 year of history down the toilet. In the short term it would suck, but in the long term it wouldn't. However with a team as popular as the Skins, I'm sure there would be a boycott on buying Redskins merch for awhile. If they change their name because of political pressure (obviously the name has no effect on their popularity and revenue income as they still sold out every game even when they sucked) then I will stop watching the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            If I was Snyder, I would tell anyone who told me to change the team's historic name to "go eff themselves" or better yet "go kill themselves", because the people calling for the name change are the easily offended trash that is wrong with society.

                            Grow some big boy parts (or big girl parts) and learn to not give a damn about what other people do or say. If Snyder came out and said "I decided to change the team's name on my own because I feel like I can make money off of it", then I'd be okay with it... but if he said "I changed the name because I don't want to offend anyone", then I would stop watching the NFL. Keep politics and POS politicians out of football.

                            First amendment allows the Redskins to be 'offensive' if they want to be. You can name a team the N word if you want to as well. I don't care, just play football and don't bow to political pressure or up tight losers.
                            Last edited by Giants5699; 01-13-2013, 09:41 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I would tell the mayor of the Washington District Clowns to buzz off. Who wants to relocate to that dump.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                                If I was Snyder, I would tell anyone who told me to change the team's historic name to "go eff themselves" or better yet "go kill themselves", because the people calling for the name change are the easily offended trash that is wrong with society.

                                Grow some big boy parts (or big girl parts) and learn to not give a damn about what other people do or say. If Snyder came out and said "I decided to change the team's name on my own because I feel like I can make money off of it", then I'd be okay with it... but if he said "I changed the name because I don't want to offend anyone", then I would stop watching the NFL. Keep politics and POS politicians out of football.

                                First amendment allows the Redskins to be 'offensive' if they want to be. You can name a team the N word if you want to as well. I don't care, just play football and don't bow to political pressure or up tight losers.
                                So, you think that teams can/should name themselves racial slurs?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X