Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN is actually comparig Tom Brady to Joe Montana....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Kind of funny that you keep harping on “old farts” but you keep making the comparisons between the differences in the games and then get huffy when you are proven wrong. Using your logic. How long ago did Joe Montana play?“Old farts” and “Packers fans” are obviously not the only ones that bring up Bart Starr in the conversation since I am neither. Nice try on your part however.
    I haven't been proven wrong. All you've done is insult me from the get go. You're little "excuses, excuses" point isn't a rebuttal. It's just u sticking your fingers in your ears and going lalalala. And by your logic someone who lived the 80s with joe Montana is somehow an old fart(30 years old). "Since I am neither". Ok then you're just misguided which is worse than an old fart since you think a game manager is one the best ever just because he got the most easiest rings ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
      I haven't been proven wrong. All you've done is insult me from the get go. You're little "excuses, excuses" point isn't a rebuttal. It's just u sticking your fingers in your ears and going lalalala. And by your logic someone who lived the 80s with joe Montana is somehow an old fart(30 years old). "Since I am neither". Ok then you're just misguided which is worse than an old fart since you think a game manager is one the best ever just because he got the most easiest rings ever.
      Never stated that you were an “old fart.” You have been insulting since your first response. However, your attempt at a point in regard to folks playing years ago also pertains to Joe Montana. If you want to go on about how the game has changed and this is harder now and athletes are better now, etc.....etc...... then why would it just pertain to folks from the 60 but not the 80s? I am not saying that I agree with that but it is your own perception that you discount and ignore when it doesn’t fit your argument and is used to prove you wrong.

Your comment that Bart Starr, a QB that led his team to 5 NFL Championships and a guy that is a 2 time SuperBowl MVP, is a game manager shows just how little you know about football.

Comment

Joe Montana > Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          Joe Montana > Brady.
          Agreed.

Comment

Joe Montana > Brady.
            No he is not.

Tom Brady is a better QB than Joe Montana ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
              No he is not.

Tom Brady is a better QB than Joe Montana ever was.
              No because Tom Brady went to Michigan and Montana went to Notre Dame. We know Notre Dame is better. However, Joe Montana wearing Skechers does hurt his credibility.

But, for real. Joe was good in his era and Brady is good in his. The era's are different, the players nowadays are smarter, bigger and faster. But, then again in Montana's era they hit harder and were able to smash the quarterback. To survive and play in any of the eras...including the old fart era...still took/takes skill. Comparing era's and players is definitely a pointless pursuit. That is my middle of the road view.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                No because Tom Brady went to Michigan and Montana went to Notre Dame. We know Notre Dame is better. However, Joe Montana wearing Skechers does hurt his credibility.

But, for real. Joe was good in his era and Brady is good in his. The era's are different, the players nowadays are smarter, bigger and faster. But, then again in Montana's era they hit harder and were able to smash the quarterback. To survive and play in any of the eras...including the old fart era...still took/takes skill. Comparing era's and players is definitely a pointless pursuit. That is my middle of the road view.
                I agree that the “era” argument makes no sense. It is ridiculous when folks harp on it because in the 80s, the old timers were claiming that they hit so much harder in the 70s and in the 70s the old timers were claiming they hist so much harder in the 60s, etc.......etc..............

Comment

Joe Montana > Brady.
                  I agree, and I almost feel at this point that I don't need to argue it--more SB wins and more MVP's--it just is.

Brady wins a 4th SB and it has to be a discussion at least.
                  Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Brady is certainly the best quarterback of his generation; it's hard to come up with an argument to say otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      Brady is certainly the best quarterback of his generation; it's hard to come up with an argument to say otherwise.
                      Except for my main man Aaron Rodgaaaahhhhs!
                      Last edited by Rusty192; 01-29-2013, 01:42 AM. Reason: sarcasm

Comment

brady has earned that honor and has done with much less over the years.

Comment

There's nothing laughable at all. You can compare Brady with the other top 5 QB's in the history of the league. He's a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                            There's nothing laughable at all. You can compare Brady with the other top 5 QB's in the history of the league. He's a legend.
                            and we beat him twice in the super bowl,,one of the victories spoiling a perfect season,,cue the dr.evil laugh.

Comment

And Tom Brady did not look too good tonight........

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                                brady has earned that honor and has done with much less over the years.
                                This is the odd thing, Brady found more success with a stripped back offense.
                                The team is unbalanced. Brady doesn't need every weapon under the sun, he needs a defense so the pressure isn't all on him. Brees is in this same position (46 touchdowns yet only a 7-9 record?) and Rodgers is, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X