Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL TEAMS ON THE RISE.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NFL TEAMS ON THE RISE.

    The Seattle Seahawks-
    In Russell Wilson they trust, along with a strong secondary and RB Marshawn Lynch, this team will be the real deal and challenge the 49ers for an NFC West title.


    The Washinton Redskins-
    With Robert Griffin III at the helm, this team will be on the rise to contest for the NFC East yet again. But can RG III's knee hold out?


    The Philadelphia Eagles-
    Did horrible this past season, but will Chip Kelly bring a fire within to these birds?


    The San Fransisco 49ers-
    Will try to get back to the Superbowl, but their division seems to be tightening up a lot faster than you might think.


    The St. Louis Rams-
    Are improving every year, vying for another chance at playoffs. But can they survive their division to claim the NFC West?


    The Baltimore Ravens-
    Will be contested to defend their title. With a strong and difficult schedule ahead, as is for all previous Super Bowl champs, can they defend it without the inspirational Ray Lewis?


    The Green Bay Packers-
    Vow to return to playoffs and win the Super Bowl, but will have to get past the ever- so improving Chicago Bears.


    The Chicago Bears-
    Will a new head coach and improved secondary help claim the NFC North title, or will Green Bay get in the way?


    The New York Giants-
    Had a rough year, but are improving their secondary and their offense to better suit their weaponized Eli. But will they stay under the salary cap?


    The New England Patriots-
    A loss to Baltimore was devastating, but not playoff hope ending. They will most likely claim the AFC East as to there is little to no opposition. But will they survive playoffs this time, or go down in flames as they did last year?


    The Minnesota Vikings-
    With Adrian Peterson and possibly Green Bay rival Greg Jennings if he chooses so, and the offer is right, they will be a force to be reckoned with. If only we could say the same about their Quarterback.


    The Atlanta Falcons-
    Got lucky in some games throughout the season, example: Vs. Raiders, but will be challenging yet again for another playoff berth. Can the Saints step up to stop them this time around?


    The New Orleans Saints-
    With Sean Payton returning, and Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator, expect these Saints to represent the Big Eazy with pride, fighting for playoff contention and possibly their 2nd ring.
    Last edited by Sean Montemayor; 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM.
    2017 Mock Draft

    1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
    2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
    3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
    4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
    5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
    6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
    7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

  • #2
    I honestly don't see it with the Giants... not yet at least. At this point there are more questions going into this season than last season.

    Saints don't quite have the personnel to run Ryan's 3-4 just yet, so I don't see it for them either.

    Falcons? They've been 'on top' for a while with nothing to yield. I think they'll start to descend soon.

    The team I agree most with is the Rams
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
      I honestly don't see it with the Giants... not yet at least. At this point there are more questions going into this season than last season.Saints don't quite have the personnel to run Ryan's 3-4 just yet, so I don't see it for them either.Falcons? They've been 'on top' for a while with nothing to yield. I think they'll start to descend soon.The team I agree most with is the Rams
      Huh look no cowboys. Darn.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
        Huh look no cowboys. Darn.
        Nope. Forever mediocre behind Romo.

        Comment


        • #5
          LOL @ the eagles being a "team on the rise". Might as well put the Raiders and Chiefs on there too.

          Comment


          • #6
            Not gonna call the Giants yet due to the massive sweeping player changes coming. But here's my take on the other teams listed:

            I don't see Seattle on the rise compared to where they were, they'll probably end up just around where they did (maybe they'll have a division crown this time instead of being 1 game behind and wild card).

            Skins will take a step back. RG3 is not going to run free nearly as much this season if they want to preserve his legs at all. Plus teams will have a year of tape on him.

            Philly, well yeah they're going to improve, but it's hard not to improve on 4-12.

            Niners will probably finish about where they were last season, but they only have one more shot now before they end up in cap hell for 2014.

            Rams will definitely improve. They were better than their record last year stated. 1-0-1 vs the niners. They get two first round picks this year due to Washington's RG3 grab.

            Ravens will be on the decline. They played an extremely emotional high regarding Ray Lewis all the way to the super bowl, much like the Giants did in 2007 with Strahan. Flacco is the real deal though, so I still expect them to be in playoff contention.

            Packers will continue to decline. Rodgers, while a great pocket passer, relied a little too much on his feet at a young age. Rodgers has been using his mobility to mask a poor OL, but as he loses speed to age, either they need to beef up their OL or Rodgers is going to have to attend the Eli Manning school of pocket presence.

            Bears will be much like they were last year: kinda okay, but not playoff quality. Urlacher is declining, which is going to weaken their defense.

            Patriots will easily win their division, given how weak it is, and be one and done in the playoffs. The running game is nice to see, but with their own FO issues regarding Welker, you never know what the team is going to sport next season. BB is not afraid to cut a fan favorite if he thinks it's time...

            Vikings will be on the rise, bigtime. Maybe even have a shot at winning the division. Peterson may not post 2000 yards but will be the force everyone knows him to be. Ponder isn't the greatest QB ever, but he seems to be at least getting a grasp for the game. He's at that point in his career that he would benefit from the "call yourself elite -- win a super bowl" clause.

            Falcons will likely be on the decline unless they can replace Tony Gonzalez effectively. Too early to call this one to be honest. Also see below.

            Saints will improve and be back on top of their division with Brees having the voices in his head once again. This team definitely suffered with Sean Payton out. They'll be more like the 2011 iteration of the team. Defense will be in flux due to Rob Ryan coming in and most likely implementing a 3-4, but the offense (which the saints are known for) will be largely intact.

            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              You're dead to me.
              Sincerely,
              Greg Schiano
              Head Coach, Tampa

              Comment


              • #8
                Doubt the Eagles will improve much - Kelly could be another College coach who can not cut it in the NFL, no franchise QB, OL one of the worst in the NFL, secondary and LBs suck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  Not gonna call the Giants yet due to the massive sweeping player changes coming. But here's my take on the other teams listed:

                  I don't see Seattle on the rise compared to where they were, they'll probably end up just around where they did (maybe they'll have a division crown this time instead of being 1 game behind and wild card).

                  Skins will take a step back. RG3 is not going to run free nearly as much this season if they want to preserve his legs at all. Plus teams will have a year of tape on him.

                  Philly, well yeah they're going to improve, but it's hard not to improve on 4-12.

                  Niners will probably finish about where they were last season, but they only have one more shot now before they end up in cap hell for 2014.

                  Rams will definitely improve. They were better than their record last year stated. 1-0-1 vs the niners. They get two first round picks this year due to Washington's RG3 grab.

                  Ravens will be on the decline. They played an extremely emotional high regarding Ray Lewis all the way to the super bowl, much like the Giants did in 2007 with Strahan. Flacco is the real deal though, so I still expect them to be in playoff contention.

                  Packers will continue to decline. Rodgers, while a great pocket passer, relied a little too much on his feet at a young age. Rodgers has been using his mobility to mask a poor OL, but as he loses speed to age, either they need to beef up their OL or Rodgers is going to have to attend the Eli Manning school of pocket presence.

                  Bears will be much like they were last year: kinda okay, but not playoff quality. Urlacher is declining, which is going to weaken their defense.

                  Patriots will easily win their division, given how weak it is, and be one and done in the playoffs. The running game is nice to see, but with their own FO issues regarding Welker, you never know what the team is going to sport next season. BB is not afraid to cut a fan favorite if he thinks it's time...

                  Vikings will be on the rise, bigtime. Maybe even have a shot at winning the division. Peterson may not post 2000 yards but will be the force everyone knows him to be. Ponder isn't the greatest QB ever, but he seems to be at least getting a grasp for the game. He's at that point in his career that he would benefit from the "call yourself elite -- win a super bowl" clause.

                  Falcons will likely be on the decline unless they can replace Tony Gonzalez effectively. Too early to call this one to be honest. Also see below.

                  Saints will improve and be back on top of their division with Brees having the voices in his head once again. This team definitely suffered with Sean Payton out. They'll be more like the 2011 iteration of the team. Defense will be in flux due to Rob Ryan coming in and most likely implementing a 3-4, but the offense (which the saints are known for) will be largely intact.
                  Very good predictions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Greg Schiano View Post
                    You're dead to me.
                    Do you think we are a bunch of Manti Teo's?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                      Do you think we are a bunch of Manti Teo's?
                      Well, I don't have evidence to suggest any of you are making up girlfriends, so I am going to go with "no" on this one. Seems like the kind of behavior I would find on a Redskins forum.
                      Sincerely,
                      Greg Schiano
                      Head Coach, Tampa

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Greg Schiano View Post
                        Well, I don't have evidence to suggest any of you are making up girlfriends, so I am going to go with "no" on this one. Seems like the kind of behavior I would find on a Redskins forum.
                        Perhaps you should see Dr. Phil.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Greg Schiano View Post
                          You're dead to me.
                          I wrote this with sarcasm. Do I honestly expect the Eagles to take the NFC East? Oh God no. LMAO!!! This was for fun to see people's reactions. Get over it.
                          2017 Mock Draft

                          1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                          2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                          3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                          4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                          5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                          6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                          7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
                            The Seattle Seahawks-
                            In Russell Wilson they trust, along with a strong secondary and RB Marshawn Lynch, this team will be the real deal and challenge the 49ers for an NFC West title.


                            The Washinton Redskins-
                            With Robert Griffin III at the helm, this team will be on the rise to contest for the NFC East yet again. But can RG III's knee hold out?


                            The Philadelphia Eagles-
                            Did horrible this past season, but will Chip Kelly bring a fire within to these birds?


                            The San Fransisco 49ers-
                            Will try to get back to the Superbowl, but their division seems to be tightening up a lot faster than you might think.


                            The St. Louis Rams-
                            Are improving every year, vying for another chance at playoffs. But can they survive their division to claim the NFC West?


                            The Baltimore Ravens-
                            Will be contested to defend their title. With a strong and difficult schedule ahead, as is for all previous Super Bowl champs, can they defend it without the inspirational Ray Lewis?


                            The Green Bay Packers-
                            Vow to return to playoffs and win the Super Bowl, but will have to get past the ever- so improving Chicago Bears.


                            The Chicago Bears-
                            Will a new head coach and improved secondary help claim the NFC North title, or will Green Bay get in the way?


                            The New York Giants-
                            Had a rough year, but are improving their secondary and their offense to better suit their weaponized Eli. But will they stay under the salary cap?


                            The New England Patriots-
                            A loss to Baltimore was devastating, but not playoff hope ending. They will most likely claim the AFC East as to there is little to no opposition. But will they survive playoffs this time, or go down in flames as they did last year?


                            The Minnesota Vikings-
                            With Adrian Peterson and possibly Green Bay rival Greg Jennings if he chooses so, and the offer is right, they will be a force to be reckoned with. If only we could say the same about their Quarterback.


                            The Atlanta Falcons-
                            Got lucky in some games throughout the season, example: Vs. Raiders, but will be challenging yet again for another playoff berth. Can the Saints step up to stop them this time around?


                            The New Orleans Saints-
                            With Sean Payton returning, and Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator, expect these Saints to represent the Big Eazy with pride, fighting for playoff contention and possibly their 2nd ring.
                            I don't think that RG3 will be in the league or make as much noise as everyone originally thought!
                            He's already had a bad concussion and will be coming off a knee injury.
                            If he can't come back 100% or it prevents him from playing the style of football that got him to the NFL, he'll end up having the shortest career of any QB who wasn't a bust.
                            Russell Wilson had a nice rookie year, but like Michael Vick, Defenses will figure out how to limit his mobility and use his height against him.
                            The Saints have just as many problems on Offense as they did on Defense. Hell....even the Giants were able to beat them!
                            . Payton will help but he didn't take some magic formula with him when he was suspended for the year.
                            Philly is going to find out the hard way that a new HC is no better than the old HC when your team has no chemistry.
                            The Falcons thought they answered the critics by winning a playoff game, then remembered that they were the Falcons and totally melted down in the game that really mattered, proved to all that they were indeed overrated and surprising no one!
                            The Chicago Bears, cut and dried, go as Jay Cutler goes, and thats usually nowhere near the playoffs because Cutler is the most schizophrenic QB in the NFL! All QB's have their great moments and horrible moments....unfortunately for Cutler and the Bears, his highs and lows usually happen within the same drive!
                            My Giants are not on the rise until they get a run stopper in the middle, a game changer in the secondary and their pass rush going again! With 21 FA's to address, no cap space, veterans being cut left and right and help coming from rookies in waiting and upcoming draft picks.........I'm not exactly brimming with confidence right now!
                            Last edited by bigblue58; 02-09-2013, 11:46 AM.
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

                            John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Greg Schiano View Post
                              You're dead to me.
                              You are one funny *******.
                              #80

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X