Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the worst fans in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
    Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    Neither did the AFL teams compare for their first 7 years, but you discount that. You CANNOT discount the USFL simply because they didn't merge. They had doazens of legitimate NFL quality players. Merging or not merging is often a function of the money involved and the strength of fan following to confirm legitimacy.
    That's why the AFL champions don't compare to SBs either. Your not very bright are you? I can hate on the USFL for not merging cause guess where most of the players from those leagues go? The NFL.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      Neither did the AFL teams compare for their first 7 years, but you discount that. You CANNOT discount the USFL simply because they didn't merge. They had doazens of legitimate NFL quality players. Merging or not merging is often a function of the money involved and the strength of fan following to confirm legitimacy.
      Doug Flutie, Mourice Carthon, Hershel Walker and Bart Oates. And that was just the Generals. Lets not forget Steve Young and Jim Kelly.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
        That's why the AFL champions don't compare to SBs either. Your not very bright are you? I can hate on the USFL for not merging cause guess where most of the players from those leagues go? The NFL.
        My head is spinning from all your knowledge.
        But may I say that you aren't especially Gentle. I'm guessing your not a Giant either.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Lets review your position.A championship is only relevant when...... There is not a competing league being played at the same time........ with the following conditions......1. It exists2. It ultimately was merged into league in question3. That league was...(give me a moment).....formed from multiple other leagues that were legitimate.I think you are going down a road that leads to a very dark place. A dark place for dark souls......and I'm afraid for you.
          Wrong again. Every champion in every league matters if its to that league alone. But when compared to others( like old ones to SBs) then the clearly greater league means more. The NFL was not greater than the AFL just cause you think it had better talent.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            My head is spinning from all your knowledge.But may I say that you aren't especially Gentle. I'm guessing your not a Giant either.
            Well from most of the people I hear on here, your not much of a giant either.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Doug Flutie, Mourice Carthon, Hershel Walker and Bart Oates. And that was just the Generals. Lets not forget Steve Young and Jim Kelly.
              And where did they eventually go? The NFL.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                Wrong again. Every champion in every league matters if its to that league alone. But when compared to others( like old ones to SBs) then the clearly greater league means more. The NFL was not greater than the AFL just cause you think it had better talent.
                Time to come back as Dark Saint or ElidaMANing.

                We're just making fun of you. Its OK. Consider yourself hugged.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                  And where did they eventually go? The NFL.
                  Yes, they eventally went to the NFL, and many are HOFers. So, during the years that they were in the USFL they were legitimate NFL talent, which weakened the NFL during those years. Just because they didn't merge doesn't mean a thing.... what about a legitimate SB champion in those years?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    Yes, they eventally went to the NFL, and many are HOFers. So, during the years that they were in the USFL they were legitimate NFL talent, which weakened the NFL during those years. Just because they didn't merge doesn't mean a thing.... what about a legitimate SB champion in those years?
                    Zim...I realized a few minutes ago that this guy is that poster with all the different screen names.
                    He's basically a Morehead stalker named Dark Saint and ElidaManing,
                    I forgot that this was his other handle.
                    We've been duped by a moron. I'm man enough to admit it.

                    In other words, we are wasting our time.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
                      Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                      Yes, they eventally went to the NFL, and many are HOFers. So, during the years that they were in the USFL they were legitimate NFL talent, which weakened the NFL during those years. Just because they didn't merge doesn't mean a thing.... what about a legitimate SB champion in those years?
                      Your not talking about. You're talking about them permanently being in the USFL. The AFL wasn't like that. People didn't move onto the NFL after being in the AFL like they do with the USFL. They stayed in the AFL. The AFL was bigger than any of the minor leagues now. There wasn't 1 universal pro football league. If anything there was 2. Both of which were bigger than the USFL.
                      Last edited by GentleGiant; 04-23-2013, 10:43 PM.

                      Comment


                      • I can't continue this ridiculous dialogue. I'm with Morehead... Consider yourself hugged.
                        I do feel, now that you have so eloquently expalined why there are so many sham years where the NFL has deluded itself regarding a Champion, that you inform the Giants and all other NFL Champps before 1967, and advise them that their Championships are no longer recognized.
                        Has Goodell contacted you yet regarding his replacement candidates?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
                          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Zim...I realized a few minutes ago that this guy is that poster with all the different screen names.He's basically a Morehead stalker named Dark Saint and ElidaManing,I forgot that this was his other handle.We've been duped by a moron. I'm man enough to admit it.In other words, we are wasting our time.
                          Wait what? This is my thread. How am I stalking you if you came on my thread? You started talking to me. I have no quarrel against you. I have my own thread introducing myself. Are you talking about the 4th and 1 guy?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
                            Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            I can't continue this ridiculous dialogue. I'm with Morehead... Consider yourself hugged.I do feel, now that you have so eloquently expalined why there are so many sham years where the NFL has deluded itself regarding a Champion, that you inform the Giants and all other NFL Champps before 1967, and advise them that their Championships are no longer recognized.Has Goodell contacted you yet regarding his replacement candidates?
                            Can you please read what Im writing? i never said that they dont matter. i said theyre lesser compared to SBs. Of course they're recognized but so are the AFL rings( look it up) but this NFL is both of those leagues combined so it only makes sense that THIS NFLs championship would mean more since its literally the NFL and AFL championships combined.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                              Wait what? This is my thread. How am I stalking you if you came on my thread? You started talking to me. I have no quarrel against you. I have my own thread introducing myself. Are you talking about the 4th and 1 guy?
                              I'm sorry when I heard the name calling I just assumed..............
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
                                Sorry lost my cool.
                                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I'm sorry when I heard the name calling I just assumed..............

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X