Who are the worst fans in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sorry when I heard the name calling I just assumed..............
    Listen can we just say agree to disagree? I have a baby doll I have to care for school and I've been typing this whole thing on an IPOD.

Comment

Zim...I realized a few minutes ago that this guy is that poster with all the different screen names.
      He's basically a Morehead stalker named Dark Saint and ElidaManing,
      I forgot that this was his other handle.
      We've been duped by a moron. I'm man enough to admit it.

In other words, we are wasting our time.
      OMG... I can't stop smiling. I feel so stupid. hahaha. TY, MH, I would have argued forever if I hadn't taken your cue to just disengage peacefully.
      But, now that I realeize what a duped dunce I've been, I take my hug away.

Comment

I'm not belittling the NFL. I'm just saying the merger was a business decision.The AFL really never existed as a real football competitor of the NFL before the first SB. They were really not as good as the NFL until the actual merger in 1970.Top to bottom, they were inferior to the NFL.My point is that the NFL championship before the suberbowl was the championship of the best teams and players in the world. The Superbowl started before the AFL was really anywhere near as good as the NFL.In other words, there was never any "sub championship" or anything close to it before the SB era. The NFL chamionship was the true championship of pro football.
        Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        OMG... I can't stop smiling. I feel so stupid. hahaha. TY, MH, I would have argued forever if I hadn't taken your cue to just disengage peacefully.But, now that I realeize what a duped dunce I've been, I take my hug away.
        Read my last comment to MH.

Comment

• Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
          Read my last comment to MH.
          "Dumbasses" and "you are not very bright".
          Now you have been called out so your tone is more civil. Interesting.
          So 4th and 1 is another one of your handles. I forgot that one.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            "Dumbasses" and "you are not very bright".Now you have been called out so your tone is more civil. Interesting.So 4th and 1 is another one of your handles. I forgot that one.
            I told you I lost my cool. Ok? I have friends on here. I didn't know someone was stalking you.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
              Neither did the AFL teams compare for their first 7 years, but you discount that. You CANNOT discount the USFL simply because they didn't merge. They had doazens of legitimate NFL quality players. Merging or not merging is often a function of the money involved and the strength of fan following to confirm legitimacy.
              Exactly, lots of top quality players came from the USFL -- among them Steve Young, Jim Kelley, and Reggie White.

Therefore the 83 Redskins, 84 49ers, and 85 Bears Super Bowls are now reduced to "sub-championships" because they didn't play the USFL champion in the Ultra Bowl.
              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• Originally posted by MentalGiant View Post
                The steelers beat the supposedly better NFL 4 times( despite you saying theyre bad).
                The Steelers were an NFL team that got moved to the AFC in 1970. So one NFL team beat another NFL team.

Originally posted by MentalGiant View Post
                The niners have 5 but they were AAFC first. I guess all five of those were flukes too?
                The 49ers' first championship in 1981 is 32 years removed from their last year in the AAFC. The Steelers' first championship is 4 years removed from being an NFL/NFC team. Catching the drift yet?

Originally posted by Mental View Post
                Just admit that you're NFC bias. Tell me that Im wrong for saying the old championships don't compare but then tell me which AFL SBs were legit based off your own stupid biased opinion? Pathetic.
                They're all legit. I'm just saying 5 of them were won by former NFL teams immediately after the merger, and only 6 SBs were won by legitimate AFL teams in the first 20 years.

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                  The Steelers were an NFL team that got moved to the AFC in 1970. So one NFL team beat another NFL team.The 49ers' first championship in 1981 is 32 years removed from their last year in the AAFC. The Steelers' first championship is 4 years removed from being an NFL/NFC team. Catching the drift yet?They're all legit. I'm just saying 5 of them were won by former NFL teams immediately after the merger, and only 6 SBs were won by legitimate AFL teams in the first 20 years.
                  1 AFL team is all I need. The USFL wasn't as big as the AFL. Players played in the USFL with the intention of eventually going to the NFL. Not the case with the AFL, to AFL players, the AFL WAS the top.

The USFL was a minor league. The AFL and NFL were major leagues. Catching the drift yet?

Comment

What about my question regarding the NHL?
                    And the NBA-ABA merger?

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                    Hey dumbass. Way to show me you can't read. I don't recall the USFL ever merging with other relevant leagues?
                    And until 1970 the NFL didn't merge with other relevant leagues either. Yet those championships are "sub-championships".

Comment

1 AFL team is all I need.
                      So one Super Bowl win in 20 is proof of the "AFL killing the NFL". Gotcha.

The USFL wasn't as big as the AFL.
                      You're right, the USFL wasn't as big as the AFL. It was bigger. The AFL had 8 teams when it merged. The USFL had 18 teams.

Players played in the USFL with the intention of eventually going to the NFL. Not the case with the AFL, to AFL players, the AFL WAS the top.
                      No they didn't, players in the USFL were drafted in college with the intention of being stars in a competing league -- exactly like what happened with the AFL-NFL rivalry in the 1960s. Players only moved to the NFL when the league folded after the 1985 season. Many great players like Jim Kelley, Reggie White, Steve Young, etc, which clearly invalidates the 1983-1985 Super Bowls as "sub-championships" because the USFL had great players.

The USFL was a minor league. The AFL and NFL were major leagues. Catching the drift yet?
                      Apparently you don't understand the difference between minor and major leagues, among other things. You could call the World League of American Football minor leagues because it was run by the NFL. You could call Arena Football League minor leagues because the NFL has a stake in it. But not the CFL, not the USFL, not the UFL.
                      Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 04-24-2013, 06:49 AM.

Comment

And the NBA-ABA merger?And until 1970 the NFL didn't merge with other relevant leagues either. Yet those championships are "sub-championships".
                        Yeah. That's my point. We're comparing an NFL that wasn't merged to one that is. You don't have to merge but the current NFL already raised the standard by basically saying that merging with other leagues is the only way to be bigger than them.

Comment

Wrong again. Every champion in every league matters if its to that league alone. But when compared to others( like old ones to SBs) then the clearly greater league means more. The NFL was not greater than the AFL just cause you think it had better talent.
                          The NFL had more history (1920 vs 1960). The NFL had more teams (16 vs 10). The NFL made more money. Pretty clear that this was not a merger of equals. The NFL absorbed the AFL. Kept the NFL headquarters, name, and logo. And moved 3 teams into the AFC to balance out their superiority.

I just caught up with Moorehead's posts a few pages back, let me remove the hook from my mouth and move on...
                          Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 04-24-2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

So one Super Bowl win in 20 is proof of the "AFL killing the NFL". Gotcha. You're right, the USFL wasn't as big as the AFL. It was bigger. The AFL had 8 teams when it merged. The USFL had 18 teams.No they didn't, players in the USFL were drafted in college with the intention of being stars in a competing league -- exactly like what happened with the AFL-NFL rivalry in the 1960s. Players only moved to the NFL when the league folded after the 1985 season. Many great players like Jim Kelley, Reggie White, Steve Young, etc, which clearly invalidates the 1983-1985 Super Bowls as "sub-championships" because the USFL had great players.Apparently you don't understand the difference between minor and major leagues, among other things. You could call the World League of American Football minor leagues because it was run by the NFL. You could call Arena Football League minor leagues because the NFL has a stake in it. But not the CFL, not the USFL, not the UFL.
                            Yeah sure kid. Who ever said that the most teams means bigger? How about a league that's actually stable, doesn't have financial problems as soon as it starts, then collapses after 4 years. Yeah those players CLEARLY wanted to stay there. The CFL and WFL aren't even American leagues. AAh the superior NFL. The superior NFL that needed the AFL. The superior NFL that despite your ignorance, is not undefeated against the AFL. The superior NFL despite the fact that the NFC has the most expansion teams.Clearly your too ignorant to see this. Who cares about history? The cardinals are the oldest franchise. That doesn't make them relevant. Screw the talent. It's all about the money? You literally just argued against the others points. You don't get it. You don't to merge but if you want to be bigger than the current NFL you do? The NFL then was the biggest but the now NFL( different NFL)raised the standard.
                            Last edited by GentleGiant; 04-24-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

So one Super Bowl win in 20 is proof of the "AFL killing the NFL". Gotcha. You're right, the USFL wasn't as big as the AFL. It was bigger. The AFL had 8 teams when it merged. The USFL had 18 teams.No they didn't, players in the USFL were drafted in college with the intention of being stars in a competing league -- exactly like what happened with the AFL-NFL rivalry in the 1960s. Players only moved to the NFL when the league folded after the 1985 season. Many great players like Jim Kelley, Reggie White, Steve Young, etc, which clearly invalidates the 1983-1985 Super Bowls as "sub-championships" because the USFL had great players.Apparently you don't understand the difference between minor and major leagues, among other things. You could call the World League of American Football minor leagues because it was run by the NFL. You could call Arena Football League minor leagues because the NFL has a stake in it. But not the CFL, not the USFL, not the UFL.
                              Yet you said I should count the minor leagues. Can you please next time actually offer stable leagues that ARE AMERICAN?

The ABA and NBA don't play each other for the championship. The AFL and NFL do.
                              Last edited by GentleGiant; 04-24-2013, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Wow. So everyone that questions your guys opinions are trolls?

Comment

Working...
                                X