Romo the Great

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romo the Great

the man got his money and now on to the postseasons!!!!!!!!

maybe?

108M? Please. You of all people know he isn't worth that much. There was a time they contemplated getting rid of him and no this? Makes it tough on GMs of Rodgers and others that have to resign those guys soon
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Thank you Jerry!

Comment

Tony Romo got paid like the champ that he is! .............oh wait!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
          Tony Romo got paid like the champ that he is! .............oh wait!
          He got paid like the franchise quarterback he is.

$18 million per year is pretty low, really. It's a good price for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post

maybe?
            Pretty sure he's spanking it

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post

maybe?
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                He got paid like the franchise quarterback he is.

$18 million per year is pretty low, really. It's a good price for him.
                Romo is pushing 33 and is prone to injury. Not worth it IMO.

Comment

Hmm, prone to injury? What games are you watching? Say whatever you want about him and the contract but to say he is prone to injury is asinine. Has he been injured? yes, but not because he is prone, it is because he is getting creamed due to putrid blocking and running for his life.

2010 was the only season he missed significant time and that was for good reason. Lee, Miles and Murray are prone to injury, Romo is not. Time will tell how this works out but I can tell yas one thing..Dallas is better off with Romo than with a mediocre/potential rookie or a never has been playing QB.

Give him a good offensive line and I think things will be different but if they keep asking him to do it all, it will be more of the same IMO.
                  sigpic

Comment

When you consider the alternative, I think it's definitely worth it for Dallas. Romo is the only thing keeping that team afloat.

I don't think his age is anything to worry about as he's still playing at a high level. It's not like he's going to play out the full length of the contract, either.

As for the injury-prone label, I disagree to an extent. When Romo gets hurt, it's for good reason. Darren McFadden is prone to injury, Romo is prone to getting drilled over and over again. His line is abysmal. It often appears that they flat-out cannot play.
                    Considering the punishment he takes, Romo is probably one of the tougher quarterbacks out there, he won't exit a game unless he's unable to function correctly. I mean, he played with fractured ribs and a collapsed lung last season.

In this age of rapidly escalating quarterback contracts, $18 million isn't too bad. While Romo isn't "elite", he's still pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by tabascocat View Post
                      Hmm, prone to injury? What games are you watching? Say whatever you want about him and the contract but to say he is prone to injury is asinine. Has he been injured? yes, but not because he is prone, it is because he is getting creamed due to putrid blocking and running for his life.
                      He seems to get injured significantly every other season or so...

Eli's never missed a game. I guess we're spoiled.
                      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                        He seems to get injured significantly every other season or so...
                        2010 was the only year he missed significant time - ten games. Otherwise three in 2008. That's it.
                        Last edited by Flip Empty; 03-30-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tabascocat View Post

2010 was the only season he missed significant time and that was for good reason. Lee, Miles and Murray are prone to injury, Romo is not. Time will tell how this works out but I can tell yas one thing..Dallas is better off with Romo than with a mediocre/potential rookie or a never has been playing QB.

Give him a good offensive line and I think things will be different but if they keep asking him to do it all, it will be more of the same IMO.
                          Yeah good luck finding the money for that offensive line after the contract he just got.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                            Yeah good luck finding the money for that offensive line after the contract he just got.....
                            12 QBs have a higher cap number than him this year, so if the Cowboys really want to prioritize the OL, they can.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              12 QBs have a higher cap number than him this year, so if the Cowboys really want to prioritize the OL, they can.
                              And to do so, they would have to make a a lot of cuts. A savings of 5mil this year isn't worth all the headaches down the road that his contract will create.

Comment

Working...
                              X