Romo the Great

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    A savings of 5mil this year isn't worth all the headaches down the road that his contract will create.
    What did you recommend? Not sign any draft picks this year?
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      What did you recommend? Not sign any draft picks this year?
      If they have to cut people anyway, why not just suck it up and deal with his contract this year instead of prolonging the problem?

Comment

Tony Romo. The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Win Playoff games much Tony ?

Comment

ah Tony Almost

There are times when you watch him and you think he's the best quarterback in the game. But those are usually games in October and November. When December and January rolls around and teams don't let up on the pass defence, he collapses.

Maybe he'll break through.... but at age 33 and still without a win in the DIVISIONAL round of the playoffs, don't count on it

Comment

Lol'd at his moneys.

Comment

yup no more excuses now. my bet is Romo is going to call a good majority of his own plays now. history shows when Romo is running things himself(usually 2 minute drill), he seems to be "elite" to me. now sure yall gonna say he cant handle pressure. however i think he handled pressure great last season. total improvement on his part. lot of last seconds excitement cause of him. td's thrown as time expires(one against yall but the pinky thing), td's on 4th down at end of game and quite a few other brilliances. ALL under pressure. now that int against the skins at the end of the last game was a total screw up on his part but it wasnt due to pressure. he just plain out effed up on that play.
              now having said that, unless Dallas improves the O-line, there wont be to much difference. Murray wont find the holes forcing all that passing again. miles n dez staying healthy a must too.
              and the D going back to a 4-3 actually will be the best damn thing they did in a long time. ive always hated the 3-4 that parcells brought in. wished they would of gotten rid of it when parcells left....
              Last edited by ProfessorCrue; 03-31-2013, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                108M? Please. You of all people know he isn't worth that much. There was a time they contemplated getting rid of him and no this? Makes it tough on GMs of Rodgers and others that have to resign those guys soon
                When did they contemplate getting rid of him?

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
                  history shows when Romo is running things himself(usually 2 minute drill), he seems to be "elite" to me.
                  That did seem to be the case last season; the team played better when it was taken out of Jason Garrett's incompetent hands. I'm not slapping the "elite" tag on him, though. He's still a choker.

Comment

I love it love it love it, As a Giants fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      That did seem to be the case last season; the team played better when it was taken out of Jason Garrett's incompetent hands. I'm not slapping the "elite" tag on him, though. He's still a choker.
                      Some Dallas fans feel as if he should be considered top 5 (even ahead of Eli) because of the numbers he puts up. They up are there with the likes of Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton in terms of QBR, yards, pass attempts, etc.

But when you get the bad Romo, you get unbelievably bad Romo. Eli has some very good highs and terrible lows, but he will almost never risk a throw when the game is on the line. I think Romo's lows are worse than Eli's lows because Eli has proven his high's are better.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        Some Dallas fans feel as if he should be considered top 5 (even ahead of Eli) because of the numbers he puts up. They up are there with the likes of Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton in terms of QBR, yards, pass attempts, etc.

But when you get the bad Romo, you get unbelievably bad Romo. Eli has some very good highs and terrible lows, but he will almost never risk a throw when the game is on the line. I think Romo's lows are worse than Eli's lows because Eli has proven his high's are better.
                        If "highs" and "lows" are two separate entities, why should one influence the other?
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[QUOTE=ProfessorCrue;725383]the man got his money and now on to the postseasons!!!!!!!!

maybe?[/QUOTE

All the money Jerry Jones has can't buy a championship for his team or a clutch gene for his QB!
                          You can't teach clutch, you are either born with it or you're not, and Romo has more than proven that he wasn't.
                          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigblue58;726135]
                            the man got his money and now on to the postseasons!!!!!!!!

maybe?[/QUOTE

All the money Jerry Jones has can't buy a championship for his team or a clutch gene for his QB!
                            You can't teach clutch, you are either born with it or you're not, and Romo has more than proven that he wasn't.
                            re-read thread #21

Comment

yup no more excuses now. my bet is Romo is going to call a good majority of his own plays now. history shows when Romo is running things himself(usually 2 minute drill), he seems to be "elite" to me. now sure yall gonna say he cant handle pressure. however i think he handled pressure great last season. total improvement on his part. lot of last seconds excitement cause of him. td's thrown as time expires(one against yall but the pinky thing), td's on 4th down at end of game and quite a few other brilliances. ALL under pressure. now that int against the skins at the end of the last game was a total screw up on his part but it wasnt due to pressure. he just plain out effed up on that play.
                              now having said that, unless Dallas improves the O-line, there wont be to much difference. Murray wont find the holes forcing all that passing again. miles n dez staying healthy a must too.
                              and the D going back to a 4-3 actually will be the best damn thing they did in a long time. ive always hated the 3-4 that parcells brought in. wished they would of gotten rid of it when parcells left....
                              Keep telling yourself that sweetheart.

Comment

that right Jerry...keep putting the pressure on Tony....

Comment

Working...
                                X