Rex Ryan hopes to coach N.Y. Jets for 20 more years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rex Ryan hopes to coach N.Y. Jets for 20 more years

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000166678/article/rex-ryan-hopes-to-coach-ny-jets-for-20-more-years

I like the first comment:

"Rex's style just doesn't work in New York. You gotta have a Coughlin or Bellichek type personality to survive that circus environment. No nonsense, short direct answers to media to keep their fodder to a minimum. Ryan doesn't know when to shut up and just adds more fuel to the fire by making all sorts of unnecessary statements."
    Last edited by P_Simms_#11; 05-04-2013, 11:49 PM.

I really feel bad for Jet fans, Woody is willing to lead this circus as long as it sells.

Comment

I don't think he'll make it another 20 games.

They only kept him one more year to have some appearance of stability.
      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Jets are a disaster.. and I like it..

Comment

If they miss the playoffs again, he's gone.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Can we try to convince Woody to give Killdrive a HC offer? Or is he not circus-y enough?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

20 years is way too long LOL. Is he just exaggerating the #?

Comment

We might have another Tom Landry in our hands

Comment

I hope for that as well!

Comment

Well, in his defense, I think any coach would want to coach for 20 years. The thing he should be criticized for is bringing yet another distraction to the Jest organization.
                    The only good race is at suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Comment

Originally posted by JAYPEE View Post
                      Well, in his defense, I think any coach would want to coach for 20 years.
                      Not Bill Parcells.
                      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

The circus worked for a couple of years until Bart Scott's "Can't Wait!" proclamation and then it all went downhill from there capped with the butt fumble last year. Lol!

Comment

With being as overweight and unhealthy he looks, if he is alive in 20 years he certainly won't be coaching.

Comment

I hope he does too.......for the sheer comedic value.
                            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                              I hope he does too.......for the sheer comedic value.
                              +1.....

That could turn out to be the longest running sitcom in television history.

Comment

Working...
                              X