Big Blue And Dallas Will Contend For The East

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Blue And Dallas Will Contend For The East

Washington's 2 best DL players are coming off serious injuries. Bob Griffin says He's ahead of schedule ( All players with injuries say that ) Their aging Veterans Cooley, Hall have shot their loads. Redskins 3rd place. The Eagles winning streak against the Giants has officially ended. Chip ( And Dip ? ) changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 will not take the East by storm. Their CBs can be had. JPP and company will go through their rookie tackle, like a turnstile. Philly 4th place.

Well I threw out the Bait . Other teams fans arn't Bitin.

Comment

Philly fans know it's rebuild time with the Reid era finally collapsed. Washington fans don't come out of hibernation until preseason.
      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

pft. Dallas sucks

Comment

Who knows what Philly will bring to the table, but it'll probably be another three-horse race between the others.

Comment

When Dallas gets a real QB that is when they will contend

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
              When Dallas gets a real QB that is when they will contend
              I really think we'd be better if we could somehow secure Bradford and beef up the OL, but the Rams probably won't ever let him go and now we're stuck with Romo for at least 4 years it seems.

Comment

I'm still not sold on Bradford. Granted, the team around him hasn't been the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  Who knows what Philly will bring to the table, but it'll probably be another three-horse race between the others.
                  What have we done against any form of hurry up offense in the last couple years. Philly might suck this year, but we will still split with them at best.

Comment

Originally posted by OX1 View Post
                    What have we done against any form of hurry up offense in the last couple years. Philly might suck this year, but we will still split with them at best.
                    For sure, but I don't think they'll be pushing for the division. At least I hope they won't be...

Comment

It will probably be another nailbiter at week 17, that's for sure. I could see Giants Dallas and Washington all tied at 9-6 going into the last game, to be completely honest.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
                        Washington's 2 best DL players are coming off serious injuries. Bob Griffin says He's ahead of schedule ( All players with injuries say that ) Their aging Veterans Cooley, Hall have shot their loads. Redskins 3rd place.
                        Adrian Peterson said he was ahead of schedule, what a lying sack of crap he was too, right? Also the same surgeon (Dr Andrews), who compared the two after doing the surgeries and called them both freaks of nature. I know you want RG3 to stay beat up, but he may just make JPP look like a fool a few more times this year.

Also, what the hell year are you in, 2010? Cooley had 1 catch last year after being released and only signed after a injury to Fred Davis. Redskins also drafted another TE in the 3rd round. Cooley's career is already over, but they have plenty of other TEs who can contribute now. Fred Davis and Logan Paulsen both will do fine. If Jordan Reed helps out as a rookie that is even better.

Deangelo Hall is in the down-swing of his career no doubt, but he wont be playing anything but probably nickel coverages. Again, you're a few years behind the times I guess. He is a risk taker and will get his turnovers. It just so happens that the redskins drafted a CB, as well as 2 Safeties which will help the secondary.

Orakpo's injury is a concern since its the 2nd time that has happened, but either way Rob Jackson (his backup) did enough to keep you out of the playoffs last year, and only got better as the year went on. Depth means quite a bit at Linebacker... you know, you have none.

Your entire argument is resting on the assertion that all the redskins players that are hurt aren't coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
                          Adrian Peterson said he was ahead of schedule, what a lying sack of crap he was too, right? Also the same surgeon (Dr Andrews), who compared the two after doing the surgeries and called them both freaks of nature. I know you want RG3 to stay beat up, but he may just make JPP look like a fool a few more times this year.

Also, what the hell year are you in, 2010? Cooley had 1 catch last year after being released and only signed after a injury to Fred Davis. Redskins also drafted another TE in the 3rd round. Cooley's career is already over, but they have plenty of other TEs who can contribute now. Fred Davis and Logan Paulsen both will do fine. If Jordan Reed helps out as a rookie that is even better.

Deangelo Hall is in the down-swing of his career no doubt, but he wont be playing anything but probably nickel coverages. Again, you're a few years behind the times I guess. He is a risk taker and will get his turnovers. It just so happens that the redskins drafted a CB, as well as 2 Safeties which will help the secondary.

Orakpo's injury is a concern since its the 2nd time that has happened, but either way Rob Jackson (his backup) did enough to keep you out of the playoffs last year, and only got better as the year went on. Depth means quite a bit at Linebacker... you know, you have none.

Your entire argument is resting on the assertion that all the redskins players that are hurt aren't coming back.
                          Or perhaps its because Bob is coming off another major injury on a knee that was injured in the same fashion once before. Also, the sophomore slump? Its very real. Teams have a whole season of film to study, so as good as he is, you'd be wise to prepare for a drop off from him this upcoming season.
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Eh, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton were fine. A slump is not something you can count on.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              Eh, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton were fine. A slump is not something you can count on.
                              Not counting on it, per se, but it happens more often than not. With this 2nd knee injury, I'd be willing to bet the house that he'll be reined in a lot more with regards to running the ball. Then again, Shanahan did let him go back into the game when he knew he shouldn't have, so who knows? I'm expecting a drop off from Bob this season.
                              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X