Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaylon Smith: Not even close to being ready

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/statu...55524286464001

Well.....at least he's healthy enough to lead a normal life and he got his insurance money to fall back on......

But ummm......Did anyone think he would be replacing Sean Lee in the lineup this year? Doubtful....
    Long Live the King

Comment

What a shame ... hard not to feel for the kid even though he is a Cowboy.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        What a shame ... hard not to feel for the kid even though he is a Cowboy.
        Well they rolled the dice on him. They knew his health situation when they drafted him. I have many friends that are Cowboys fans. Trust me, they are not banking on him to step right in and be a star. The consensus is anything they get from him is gravy.

​​
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

one little clip tells the story? I highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R.Ewing View Post
            Ive heard it elsewhere too. He looks tentative on the knee, walking gingerly, and not because of worrying, but because of the nerve not regenerating. It was serious injury not many come back from, if any. If he does play, I doubt he will ever be like he was at ND when I had him ranked as the best player in the entire draft. His explosiveness is zapped. Not only that, but there is a big risk of re-injury. I dont even know why he is out there right now anyways.

I do feel bad for him but he had insurance and got some money at least.
            I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Ive heard it elsewhere too. He looks tentative on the knee, walking gingerly, and not because of worrying, but because of the nerve not regenerating. It was serious injury not many come back from, if any. If he does play, I doubt he will ever be like he was at ND when I had him ranked as the best player in the entire draft. His explosiveness is zapped. Not only that, but there is a big risk of re-injury. I dont even know why he is out there right now anyways.

i don't think he'll be ready till at least mid season. but the real test will come for him when they put the pads on. that will tell his fate this year

Comment

That is unfortunate for the Cowboys but most of all for Jaylon Smith I love those ND guys and this guy had special written all over him

Comment

And all it took was a cheap shot from a BAMA player. Pitiful

Comment

Originally posted by arudz View Post
                    It was Ohio State... In a meaningless game
                    I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

Originally posted by arudz View Post
                      actually if I am not mistaken he was trying to tackle zeke in the championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

The nerve never regrows properly and the drop foot never goes away.

when people dislocate a joint, they will always risk dislocating it again. Like how a shoulder pops out and people pop it back in, the knee ia different if it pops out again, the nerve is damaged again and then there is a risk to the artery which can be limb and or life threatening.

Even of Smith overcomes this, he will never be as good as he would have been and possibly not good enough to be an NFL linebacker.

Comment

Poor guy. If not for the injury he'd be a star and one of the more intriguing players to watch. Also wouldn't be a cowboy either.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R.Ewing View Post
                            its one little clip, an entire year missed, and one of the most horrific knee injuries you'll ever see.

Comment

What about this?
                              Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith draws rave reviews from NFL training camp in Oxnard as he continues comeback from disastrous knee injury in his final college

Comment

Working...
                              X