Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should he be suspended?

yall know who I am talking about, Zeke

those pictures floating around the net, I question the authenticity of them. the cops never filed charges against the guy after investigating. if those pictures were legitimate, they'd have busted Zeke for it then. just seems fishy to me. any woman can cry wolf in todays society and immediately be 'the victim' whether its true or not. id like to see something more concrete than hearsay and pictures that can be acquired anywhere on the net before thinking he actually did that. IF he did, then yeah he needs to be accountable for it.

so should he be suspended? hate to say this as a Dallas fan, but id give him 2 games suspension for pulling the girls shirt down. undisputable video evidence there. cant do that..

If those picture are authentic he should get more the 4 games.
    Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
      If those picture are authentic he should get more the 4 games.
      Yeah, you'd think he'd have been charged with a crime. That is the kind of evidence that makes a strong legal case.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post

Yeah, you'd think he'd have been charged with a crime. That is the kind of evidence that makes a strong legal case.

he NFLCBA stipulates:

STANDARD OF CONDUCT:

While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving:

The use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering;

Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances of abuse;

Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace;

Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace

Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person;

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.

It is the rules,

Comment

he NFLCBA stipulates:

STANDARD OF CONDUCT:

While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

The use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering;

Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances of abuse;

Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace;

Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace

Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person;

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.

It is the rules,
          You seem to have missed my point ... if the photos were available to the legal authorities you'd think charges would have been filed ... that is good strong evidence of violence. Soooooo, maybe they ain't real if after investigations there were no charges by the investigating authorities?

I understand the league's ability to arbitrarily imposed punishments regardless of legal actions. You didn't need to look up that rule.

Comment

he NFLCBA stipulates:

STANDARD OF CONDUCT:

It is the rules,
            He wasn't a member of the NFL when this happened?? He was in College. So none of that should apply to him. Plus charges were dropped? So where were these pictures back when it happened?? How come they surface now? Unless he paid her to bury them?

There was also something in one of the news stories saying he may have destroyed evidence like Brady did???

So if the NFL suspends him shouldn't the NFLPA step in?? They can say that if they don't suspend him it's sending a bad Message to kids that look up to him as an idol, that it's okay to do something like that. But my question is do they have a right to??
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by J.R.Ewing View Post
              yall know who I am talking about, Zeke

those pictures floating around the net, I question the authenticity of them. the cops never filed charges against the guy after investigating. if those pictures were legitimate, they'd have busted Zeke for it then. just seems fishy to me. any woman can cry wolf in todays society and immediately be 'the victim' whether its true or not. id like to see something more concrete than hearsay and pictures that can be acquired anywhere on the net before thinking he actually did that. IF he did, then yeah he needs to be accountable for it.

so should he be suspended? hate to say this as a Dallas fan, but id give him 2 games suspension for pulling the girls shirt down. undisputable video evidence there. cant do that..
              They technically could have more right to suspend him a game or two for the shirt pulling incident then in the DV situation, because he was an employee of the NFL then and one doesn't have to be charged with anything to be fined or suspended under the code of conduct policy
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

He wasn't a member of the NFL when this happened?? He was in College. So none of that should apply to him. Plus charges were dropped? So where were these pictures back when it happened?? How come they surface now? Unless he paid her to bury them?

There was also something in one of the news stories saying he may have destroyed evidence like Brady did???

So if the NFL suspends him shouldn't the NFLPA step in?? They can say that if they don't suspend him it's sending a bad Message to kids that look up to him as an idol, that it's okay to do something like that. But my question is do they have a right to??
                Miked, there is precedent for suspension prior (Pryor) to the league entry (see what I did there?). I guess my question is did the alleged incident happen before or after he signed an NFL contract. Despite your arguments 2 posts up I (and you) know the league can do any damn thing they want to. If you (Elliott) wants to play it'll be by the league's rules and discretion. A lot of powerful people(owners) want Elliott to sit out games. What they want is powerful!

Elliott will get some kind of suspension.

BTW, the blouse lifting incident (although wrong of Elliott) was after the woman had lifted her own blouse along with other wimmin on the floats. Jus sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post

You seem to have missed my point ... if the photos were available to the legal authorities you'd think charges would have been filed ... that is good strong evidence of violence. Soooooo, maybe they ain't real if after investigations there were no charges by the investigating authorities?

I understand the league's ability to arbitrarily imposed punishments regardless of legal actions. You didn't need to look up that rule.
                  I said all along if the pictures are valid.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

I think he was.

Here is my other post.
                    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...-what-we-dont/

" The time period of the allegations encompassed Sunday July 17, 2016 through Friday July 22, 2016.

Wasn't this just before the start last seasons camp. I guess would qualify as employed.

Comment

I think he was.

Here is my other post.
                      https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...-what-we-dont/

" The time period of the allegations encompassed Sunday July 17, 2016 through Friday July 22, 2016.

Wasn't this just before the start last seasons camp. I guess would qualify as employed.
                      Yea I responded to your other post. Most likely he had signed his rookie contract by those dates and therefore was an NFL employee. I am not sure if he held out or exactly what date he signed. Or does being drafted by an NFL team in April ,2016 automatically put you under the NFLs Code of Conduct even though you have not signed yet? I would think it would and they would want u to hold yourself to a higher standard once drafted

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

Just checked. He signed his deal on May 18,the, 2016. So that ends any questions as to weather he was an NFL employee

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Working...
                        X