Is it time, to "put a fork in em"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time, to "put a fork in em"

I think so. after playing like they were in the SB as JPP put it, to hearing about how they once again had the best practice of their lives the Giants stumble to 0-3. shortly to follow is the locker room falling apart.

It looks as if their season will be focused on not staying the basement dwellers of the NFC.

Been scratching my head with jerry Reese last few years.

This year he wanted to make sure everyone knew he was in over his head. First he declares the O line is fine, which everyone and their mother knew it wasn't..

He used his first round pick on ingram, who by all accounts was a flashy player. But he cant block, and it was known he cant block. Not the right fit for a Giants team who already cant protect the QB.

Then he continued to ignore the line by signing Brandon marshal. As if some how adding another receiver would fix the line issues. News flash, there is no hiding it, no matter how many flashy players you put around the line.

Good luck the rest of the way
    Last edited by fanoftheweek132; 09-24-2017, 05:31 PM.

Going to save me a lot of time watching the other games to see what
    the competition is doing and/or rooting against them. Just not as much
    fun when it doesn't matter much.

Comment

Originally posted by fanoftheweek132 View Post
      I think so. after playing like they were in the SB as JPP put it, to hearing about how they once again had the best practice of their lives the Giants stumble to 0-3. shortly to follow is the locker room falling apart.

It looks as if their season will be focused on not staying the basement dwellers of the NFC.

Been scratching my head with jerry Reese last few years.

This year he wanted to make sure everyone knew he was in over his head. First he declares the O line is fine, which everyone and their mother knew it wasn't..

He used his first round pick on ingram, who by all accounts was a flashy player. But he cant block, and it was known he cant block. Not the right fit for a Giants team who already cant protect the QB.

Then he continued to ignore the line by signing Brandon marshal. As if some how adding another receiver would fix the line issues. News flash, there is no hiding it, no matter how many flashy players you put around the line.

Good luck the rest of the way
      Most true Giants Fans knew deep down watching the Pre Season games which were just like the pre season games a year ago that the Giant s had a fork in them before the season even started. The same exact problems that had plagued them all last year ( even though they won 11 mostly due to the D ) were very evident in those practice games. NO RUNNING GAME AND NO PASS BLOCKING. Lose the battle at the LOS and you lose the game every time. I dont know what they ended up with but late in the 3rd Q they only had 7 yards rushing.

Now today was even worse then the Norm. They had only scored 13 count them 13 points in 11 quarters up to the start of the 4th Q in game 3. That is just a tad over 1 point per Q, LOL. Then somehow this inept O scores 24 points in just 1 Q.. Giving us fans a taste of what could of been had Reese not had his head up his *** the last two off seasons and totally ignored the O line and its problems.

Anyway the usually Stellar D which has been anything but Stellar this year having major issues stopping the run ( can Hankins make that much of a difference??/ ) which they were one of the best at last year and overall D which they were also right up there with the best in the league could not stop the Eagles when it counted 3 times LATE IN THE GAME. The O finally got them Leads late in a game at 21-14 & again at 24-21 and both times the D let the Eagles get drives for a tying TD and a Tying FG. Then with only 13 seconds left let them complete a long pass to set up the 61 yard FG to end the game. Part of the blame goes to Vereen for going out of bounds and not letting the clock run out to go to OT. Part of the Blame on the Refs as the Shepard Catch was a TD. But mostly on the Coach for twice going on 4th downs that could of yielded two much needed FGs as it turned out.

So yea. 0-3 and this could of been a big turnaround game like Game 3 of the 2007 Season when at 0-2 then went into Washington and were down 17-3 at the Half and came back to win 24-17 and didnt lost another Road game that year on the way to winning the SB over 18-0 NE. This was that type of comeback. But it wasnt in the cards. So yea Put a FORK IN EM as you said. Now we just hope they dont SCREW up and win meaningless games towards the end of the year to screw up the draft order. With their Schedule I think they will lose enough to be at least top 10
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Yes. They are done.

Comment

Well if its any condolence, I dont believe the other three NFC E teams are primed to make a big run this year either

Comment

Not just yet. The Giants are always capable of pulling together and going on a run. But it's never good to be down 0-3. I was pulling for a Giants win. But a 61-yard field goal? Just wow.

After enduring every reason why Oakland would shred the Redskins, it was nice to see an all-out beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsLifer View Post
              Not just yet. The Giants are always capable of pulling together and going on a run. But it's never good to be down 0-3. I was pulling for a Giants win. But a 61-yard field goal? Just wow.

After enduring every reason why Oakland would shred the Redskins, it was nice to see an all-out beat down.
              I actually think Wash and Philly should be the front runners in the East. I watched the beatdown Wash gave the Raidahs, a team whose on the field abilities I respected very much. Impressive, simply impressive.

But one thing is becoming evident to me (actually 2 things) . . . #1 --- the pre-season prognosticators are full of crap (projecting the NYG and Seattle as NFC powerhouses to challenge for the SB) and #2 . . . parity in the league has reached us with only a couple of teams dependably winning while week in and week out one team will blow out a team and the next week lose to a (supposedly) lesser team i.e. Denver losing to Buffalo.

Just think of the # of blowouts or dominating efforts by (on paper) near equal teams.

Comment

It gives me no pleasure to see the Giants at 0-5. I'm a die-hard Skins fan, but I like to see the entire NFC East competitive down to week 17. There's still time for that to happen, but not likely in the case of the Giants. Hope things get turned around quickly in New York.

Comment

I hate Dallas more than I do the Skins or Eagles, so while I'm leaning on the Eagles to win the NFCE, I wouldn't lose sleep if the Skins win it. I do wanna see both Philly/Skins sweep Dallas though. For not winning a SB in 22 yrs, the Dallas fanbase sickens me with their obnoxious SB banter yr in, yr out. After beating our putrid O on the opener, they started making comments about how dominating their D could be this yr. Silly fools, our O makes every D it plays look like the 85' Bears.

Comment

Working...
                  X