Bills reach playoffs due to Bengals upset Ravens with 36 sec left

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

OK. Your 2 SBs haven't been anything special though. The Giants 2 SB wins over NE have been , especially the 2007 SB win, That game will be talked about for decades, not so much the Ravens 2 SBs. I wasn't born when the Colts beat NY in 58'. Plus it wasn't a SB.. Only NFL Titles that count are SB titles.
    OK What is the Super Bowl Game? Ain't it the NFL Championship game. Seeing as how the NFL has had a championship game every single season since 1933. Not 1970. All championship games count. Not just the ones that have that Super Bowl name. Ain't it neat how the man who the trophy is named after won the first 2 Super Bowls. A championship game is a championship game. No matter what it is called. Even the NFL calls the 58 championship 1 of the most important games in NFL history. Those 2 Giants wins vs the Patriots. 1 was due to a fluky catch that I wonder if the Giants reciever had stickum on his helmet. Or, was that chewing gum. Don't change a thing that since 1976 the Giants are a New Jersey team pretending to be a New York team. Funny how when the Nets played in that city. They chose to respect the fact that they were no longer a New York team. When the NHL's Devils moved to that same arena. They also chose to respect the fact that they were not a New York team.
    And, LIke I have have said. All Championships count equally. Not just the ones from 1970 to today. Keep insulting the NFL's History. We know that the Giants sure really dominated prior to the Super Bowl. Oh wait they lost more times than they won. I'll post the amazing crappy record of the Giants if you chose to reply again with your ignorance of NFL history. Cause you know that a team that is in a championship game over 10 times. Yet wins only 4 of them. You wanna crap on half the Giants championship wins. I don't understand why.
    1970's tv is better than today's tv.

Comment

I have zero ignorance of NFL history considering I know that the Giants were created in 1925, I know they were in a crap load of title games, lost way more than they won & I know all about the "greatest game ever played" in 58', wasn't really a great game, it just put the NFL on the map. NFL Championships were played at a time when there were maybe 12-14 teams in the NFL, there were no other playoff games, just a NFL title game between the top 2 finishers. SB started in 66' & GB won the 1st 2, the trophy wasn't named the Vince Lombardi trophy till after he died in his honor.

Again, I'm not gonna go around bragging bout titles won in the 20s-30s-40s-50s-early 60s. I just count titles won during the SB era as that was when they started playing playoff games that then determined the top 2 teams to play in the SB.

It's the same way with the Yankees, they won like 75% of their 27-28 WS titles in the 20s-30s-40s-50s-.when there were just a dozen or so teams in baseball & the top 2 met in the WS.

You wanna include all the titles you want to your team, good on ya. I just count the Giants 5 SB app & 4 wins. That's why the NFL says the Steelers lead the pack with 6 SB wins followed by NE/Dallas with 5, then us & GB with 4. The focus is on the SB era, not pre-SB era.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
        I have zero ignorance of NFL history considering I know that the Giants were created in 1925, I know they were in a crap load of title games, lost way more than they won & I know all about the "greatest game ever played" in 58', wasn't really a great game, it just put the NFL on the map. NFL Championships were played at a time when there were maybe 12-14 teams in the NFL, there were no other playoff games, just a NFL title game between the top 2 finishers. SB started in 66' & GB won the 1st 2, the trophy wasn't named the Vince Lombardi trophy till after he died in his honor.

Again, I'm not gonna go around bragging bout titles won in the 20s-30s-40s-50s-early 60s. I just count titles won during the SB era as that was when they started playing playoff games that then determined the top 2 teams to play in the SB.

It's the same way with the Yankees, they won like 75% of their 27-28 WS titles in the 20s-30s-40s-50s-.when there were just a dozen or so teams in baseball & the top 2 met in the WS.

You wanna include all the titles you want to your team, good on ya. I just count the Giants 5 SB app & 4 wins. That's why the NFL says the Steelers lead the pack with 6 SB wins followed by NE/Dallas with 5, then us & GB with 4. The focus is on the SB era, not pre-SB era.
        You don't count titles won before the Super Bowls. You supposedly a Giants fan. So you are denying half the number of championships that Giants actually have. Oh and the Steelers have 6 championship seasons. Packers have 13. That is fact. Also the Packers are the only team in NFL history to 3 peat as champion. You forgot that little stat. I expect Cowturd fans to do the "Nothing counts except Lombardi mantra". Not a supposed Giants fan.
        If you really know, and understand NFL history. You would respect all 90+ seasons. Just not that 52 seasons that have taken place under the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by flamethrower View Post

You don't count titles won before the Super Bowls. You supposedly a Giants fan. So you are denying half the number of championships that Giants actually have. Oh and the Steelers have 6 championship seasons. Packers have 13. That is fact. Also the Packers are the only team in NFL history to 3 peat as champion. You forgot that little stat. I expect Cowturd fans to do the "Nothing counts except Lombardi mantra". Not a supposed Giants fan.
          If you really know, and understand NFL history. You would respect all 90+ seasons. Just not that 52 seasons that have taken place under the Super Bowl.
          I just don't put much stock in titles won in the pre-SB era, that's all. I'm not knocking you for including the 4 NFL Titles the Giants won in the 50s-40s-30s-20s, I just don't.

Comment

Yet the NFL back in 1994 celebrated it's 75th season. Not it's 29th. Your personal opinion don't change the truth. The Giants were born in 1925. Not 1970. In fact only the Seahawks, Buccaneers, Jaguires, Panthers, Ravens, and Texans are younger than 1970. For a supposed Giants fan you should be proud of the fact that the Giants have 8 championships. Not, 4. . I guess you deny the 1927, 1934, 1938, and 1956 seasons. A real Giants fan not only would not deny them, but would brag about them as much as the Super Bowls. Which by the way the Super Bowl since 1970 is the NFL Championship game. Ain't it neat how the NFL changed it's championship game's name after the Merger. Thanks to google. Ignorance is no longer an excuse.
            I'm also willing to bet you are under 40 years old. That way you have never seen a New York Giants home game. You have probably seen lots of Giants home games in the Garden State of New Jersey thou.

Comment

Working...
            X