I Don’t Understand The Jag Disrespect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post

Don't really know what you're talking about, I ain't got a dog in this fight. I despise both teams. I know the NFL engineers outcomes.

I'll probably be bass fishing all SB weekend.
    Not sure why you would ever watch football if you “know that the NFL engineers outcomes”....

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Not sure why you would ever watch football if you “know that the NFL engineers outcomes”....
      Pro football, not any football ... the NFL lists itself as "entertainment vs "sport" ... like pro wrestling.

I just said I was probably fishing all of SB weekend. If it's too cold to spend the day on the water then I might watch just to figure out the NFL angle.

I've watched pro football for over 50 years and I'm just developing this thinking over the last few years. It's not like I've always thought this way. I admit it has disturbed my enthusiasm for the game. And I'm not 100% sure of my theories but when you see so many momentum killing / giving penalties, blatant OL holding not being called, so many pass plays with questionable calls/non-calls (again affecting momentum), and phantom obscure rules called as a penalties against the "wrong" team ... well, ... don't pizz on my leg and tell me it's raining. Luckily living in Texas I have high quality and the best high school football in the nation to help take up the slack and feed my football appetite.

Look, I don't think every game outcome is pushed one way or the other but in this league where , since the salary cap, "parity" has been a league goal and most teams are pretty close in strength. There are usually just a few plays that can affect an outcome. Let yourself watch with a critical eye on games you have no emotional ties with. What would benefit the network ratings? What makes a good storyline thus amping up fan interest and ratings? Not to mention the "insider" organizations seem to get some preferences.

Other pro sports have already had referees/umpires found to be partial one way or the other so what's different about the NFL? Is it that big of a stretch to think the league office would like to guide games to increase ratings or advance public interest storylines?

Big example of NFL engineering IMO: The Dallas vs Detroit PO game 2014 ... with supposed PI on LB Hitchens :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=240I9sOqrAE

Wh***up with that? Most would agree that since Hitch never played the ball thus PI was warranted. What do you think? wasn't called ! why? Because the league wanted a Dallas vs GB matchup (because of ratings/$$$$$$$). I was emotionally invested and I could see that in most instances that draws a flag(although Pettigrew was hand fighting and pushing off all through the pattern and Stafford under threw the ball). Just an example.

You're obviously free to think what you want but this is just me watching with an open mind and critical eye. WWF has a big following too.

Comment

There is no way the NFL is fixed in any way. To quasi quote Morehead. With the amount of people that would have to be involved with the machination, they would not all be held to silence .
        The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
          There is no way the NFL is fixed in any way. To quasi quote Morehead. With the amount of people that would have to be involved with the machination, they would not all be held to silence .
          Did I say totally fixed? He11 no! I said guided and engineered. 1 or 2 zebras, paid a bonus, make a 3-4 calls, close your eyes to certain infractions (holding specifically, but others). Surely this is not rocket science. Kill momentum, calls/non-calls to help the "favored" team. Eazy peazy. You don't need a team on the take and not even the zebra crew . . . 1 or 2 on the crew. Then the VERY few in the league office. Most teams this can be a lot to overcome due to today's parity in the league. Easier now than 25 years ago.

Anyway, I'll let it go !!! Have a great off season ... might see y'all around the draft !!!
          Last edited by Eagles R Guano; 01-23-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles R Guano View Post

Did I say totally fixed? He11 no! I said guided and engineered. 1 or 2 zebras, paid a bonus, make a 3-4 calls, close your eyes to certain infractions (holding specifically, but others). Surely this is not rocket science. Kill momentum, calls/non-calls to help the "favored" team. Eazy peazy. You don't need a team on the take and not even the zebra crew . . . 1 or 2 on the crew. Then the VERY few in the league office. Most teams this can be a lot to overcome due to today's parity in the league. Easier now than 25 years ago.

Anyway, I'll let it go !!! Have a great off season ... might see y'all around the draft !!!

All teams get bad calls that go their way and calls that go against them. Bad calls are part of football. In the NFC Championship game Case took a shot to the facemask/head not called. Was that Fixed for the home team?
            I don't see how any game could be fixed not even a little . The ramifications of that coming out would destroy the league. The law suits alone from Gambling losses would bankrupt the owners cash cow .
            The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

"Tuck" rule.. Drops mike.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                When all is said and done, I really don’t give a hoot about the Jaguars, I was just asking. I’m certainly not looking forward to all the “Coughlin helped build a winner in Jacksonville” hogwash if they do win!
                As long as the ****ing Egirls lose, that’s all that matters.
                You must have a problem with women. Cause you think that you are clever insulting the eagles that way. I wonder if you ever been with a woman due to your consistant use of that insult. I bet you are a regular at your local gay pride parade.
                1970's tv is better than today's tv.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Typical Gloryholer mentality. If the Gloryholers are not the champion. The NFL must have rigged the games.
                  1970's tv is better than today's tv.

Comment

Working...
                  X