X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redskins Commit Suicide

trade for Alex Smith and give him $94MM extension, $71MM gauranteed ... lol

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...th-to-redskins

I'm fine with it. Cousins held a gun to their head. No way they are going to pony up $34m with another tag. IMO, Kirk is good but not great.

Now QB is settled before FA, and they can focus on other team needs.

Comment

Alex Smith will be a good fit for the Skins IMO. Guy is not a turnover machine. Since 2011 he has thrown single digit picks & has had a 500 or better record as a starter & led the 9ers & KC to the playoffs 5x in the past 6yrs, a lot more than all the current NFCE starters combined. He is mobile & can get you 1st dns with his legs. IMO, he has a 3-5 yr window to get the Skins to the promised land. People crack me up with the " Skins getting a 34yr old QB" card. News flash, the past 3-4 yrs, it's been QBs in their late 30s or now 40s that have won SBs for their team. This mindset that only a young 20 something QB can lead you to the SB is ludicrous. I'll take 40yr old Brady over just about any other young QB in the NFL in a SB. Guess none of you ever heard of a guy named Blanda playing QB/FG kicker till he was 49.

Comment

AS is a stop gap guy, never elite, but better than most backups. His limited arm strength just makes offenses too predictable IMO to take a team to the next level. You know with him it's going to be primarily rollout, play action, screen play. Not much concern with him beating you deep. KC had good weapons he couldn't make full use of. No reason to think he'll upgrade DC above where they were with KK, but the multi-year commitment makes it a much longer suppressant. So basically they have the highest paid DB who can't play man, and the highest paid QB who's proven non elite.

Comment

No Kelce, no Hunt, no Hill. Reed plays like 2 games a year.

Comment

I'd rather have Smith than manning lol

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
              lol i agree your comment is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
                Geno?

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post

Geno?
                  Alex

Comment

Cousins is just fair as a QB.

Smith is better.
                    "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Cousins and Alex Smith are statistically about even. IMO, Smith plays to win games, and Cousins plays to manage his stat line.

Comment

With limited options, the Skins I think made a good decision getting Smith. I don't think they will si a significant drop in production and performance at QB with the change and probably saved a lot of cap space with the move. Smith isn't a long term answer there, but they will win games with him while they find one. All it cost them I am reading is Fuller and a 3rd round pick which is not much to give up to secure the QB position. It is a lot easier to find promising young CBs than QBs who are good enough to start in this league, even a lower tier starter. I can't criticize the Skins for this move. Basically alienating their young home grown starting QB, that deserves criticism, but not the Smith trade.

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
                          Cousins is just fair as a QB.

Smith is better.
                          This is false. Smith is great right up until a team challenges him to beat them deep. He's much like Chad Pennington, a good QB who simply doesn't beat teams downfield. Cousins is the complete package, very good QB IMO. If he goes to the Broncos they're going right back near the top of the AFC heap. That's a fantastic marriage if it happens.
                          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post

This is false. Smith is great right up until a team challenges him to beat them deep. He's much like Chad Pennington, a good QB who simply doesn't beat teams downfield. Cousins is the complete package, very good QB IMO. If he goes to the Broncos they're going right back near the top of the AFC heap. That's a fantastic marriage if it happens.
                            I've never been impressed with Cousins. He is better than Smith for the reasons you mention, but he is going to get a contract that pays him like an elite QB and he isn't that good.

Comment

Working...
                            X