Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went trying to steal Foles thunder? Trouble in Philly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went trying to steal Foles thunder? Trouble in Philly?

Tweets that Foles is "his boy", implying seniority or even worse ownership.

And after game tells Foles "next year that's me bro."

I think this guy is feeling threatened about his starter status.

and maybe he's right to be concerned..
    Like how can you be the super bowl MVP and not start next ? If not for same team than somewhere else?

Foles is one cool customer.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Keep Foles, trade Wentz.
    Last edited by WayBackFan; 02-05-2018, 07:00 AM.
    "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

To be honest, who knows if Wentz will even be the same anymore. He is a scrambling QB who uses his legs quite a bit. Once thats taken away, how good is he? RG3 learned that too. Foles played an amazing game, and really, an amazing playoff run. He deserves to start next season.

It has to sting Wentz no matter what.

I dont think Philly has an issue, and they probably couldnt care less right now, but they certainly have a choice to make and it is a big one.
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        To be honest, who knows if Wentz will even be the same anymore. He is a scrambling QB who uses his legs quite a bit. Once thats taken away, how good is he? RG3 learned that too. Foles played an amazing game, and really, an amazing playoff run. He deserves to start next season.

I dont think Philly has an issue, and they probably couldnt care less right now, but they certainly have a choice to make and it is a big one.
        Foles won’t be there unless it’s as a backup, which is actually possible because he is a guy who is pretty content and has tried to go elsewhere as “the guy” before (and had a crappy experience). As weird as it is, he may not have that desire. I think Foles knows what kind of situation he needs/likes and won’t go anywhere unless there is a coach and system in place that fits those criteria.

What is funny is the Eagles have Chip Kelly and Andy Reid to thank for Nick Foles. Reid drafted him and it was the concepts from the system Foles ran under Kelly that Pederson and his staff injected into their O for Foles’ sake. And it was running that RPO stuff that really made Foles comfortable
        Last edited by TE88; 02-05-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Wentz is totally right too
          He's the future
          Foles will disappear into obscurity like Hoss did

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Foles won’t be there unless it’s as a backup, which is actually possible because he is a guy who is pretty content and has tried to go elsewhere as “the guy” before (and had a crappy experience). As weird as it is, he may not have that desire. I think Foles knows what kind of situation he needs/likes and won’t go anywhere unless there is a coach and system in place that fits those criteria.

What is funny is the Eagles have Chip Kelly and Andy Reid to thank for Nick Foles. Reid drafted him and it was the concepts from the system Foles ran under Kelly that Pederson and his staff injected into their O for Foles’ sake. And it was running that RPO stuff that really made Foles comfortable
            Reid certainly didn't draft Wentz
            Guys been the HC in Kansas for like 5 seasons now LMFAO

Comment

ooops disregard previous post lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Good point because imo foles throws the better ball. Takeaway Wentz mobility and Foles is the better qb

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
                  He's the future
                  Foles is a way more talented QB than Hoss was. 1990 #1 ranked D & the game plan to keep Kelly & that potent O off the field as much as possible is what gave us a chance to win that SB. Giants Offense in 90' only put up 20.9 ppg but that #1 ranked D only allowed 13.1 ppg. Giants held the ball for a staggering 40 min with ball control running by MVP OJ Anderson 21 carries for 102 yds and a TD. Hoss was 20-32 222yds 1 TD. Perfect job of game managing that game & not committing a single TO on his part. Foles on the other hand had one of the best SBs ever by a backup QB let alone a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
                    He's the future
                    After winning the SB, Hoss replaced Simms as starter

Comment

I think the future for the Eagles is Wentz.

He appears to be a very good QB and a guy you can build around for a decade. Plus he's on his rookie deal, what more would a team want?

The SB win really only settles one thing, the team is the reason the Eagles were very successful, not Wentz. That takes nothing away from him as a QB but it does put a pin in the balloon of the MVP talk.

Comment

Agreed with that
                        Philadelphia is loaded up and down

Comment

Philly is lucky to have Foles. Wentz would've had his sophomore jitters like Goff and probably lose to the Falcons.

Wentz is going to get exposed next year. I hope he starts for the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
                            Tweets that Foles is "his boy", implying seniority or even worse ownership.

And after game tells Foles "next year that's me bro."

I think this guy is feeling threatened about his starter status.

and maybe he's right to be concerned..
                            Like how can you be the super bowl MVP and not start next ? If not for same team than somewhere else?
                            They won't both be on the roster next season, so it won't matter. Too many teams with holes at QB, to let a Superbowl MVP QB rot on a bench.

That's also how I know that Kirk Cousins will not be in the NFC East next season...unless Alex Smith and Dan Gilbert are both dummies
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post

After winning the SB, Hoss replaced Simms as starter
                              Hoss went to the raiders

Long Live the King

Comment

Working...
                              X